onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darren Moore

Rory

Advert

12 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Come on peeps surely you know Rory is an expert wum and people have gone for it 🙂 

If that's the case then fair enough, got us a lot more then PVFCFAN or whatever the name is 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Santa said:

The worry for me is that Moore could well turn out to be a disastrous appointment and were too busy blaming the players and the poor recruitment to notice it. A bit like the free pass that Michael Brown got.

Carol can't believe he came to little Port Vale. Little Port Vale with XL contracts. 

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Rory is however 100% a Vale fan,it could be his feelings but i doubt it as he also does like a wind up

A wind up can be a laugh but I am actually seething with Darren Moore being the manager of Port Vale. I wasn't happy with it from the outset but I said I would give it a chance. I just can't do that anymore. After letting it all sink in I cannot do it.

I am sorry those who do not agree, but my feelings are that we need to correct this nonsense and correct it NOW.

I have supported the DoF, but this mistake is a big one. 

OUT OUT OUT!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, smithie said:

Carol can't believe he came to little Port Vale. Little Port Vale with XL contracts. 

That'll be the next pravda line. Woe is us, we've only spent the majority of history at this level and above. We got promoted too early you see.

I cannot stand Port Vale fans who say 'little old Port Vale'.

What point are they trying to make? That we are little? Or that other people say we're little? Why on earth do we repeat it?

For our owner to say it just winds me up. Don't repeat it ffs!

Whilst Moore is a 'name', he is coming off a disastrous spell at Huddersfield who have massively improved from the second he left. The idea that we should be grateful he's here is patronising. He's here as it was the best offer - not out of altruism for some poor, little club he felt sorry for.

Moore is at PVFC's level and that is why he's our manager. Don't try and pretend I should be well chuffed because he's above us, as Carol implies.

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On Moore, he clearly has a fair few qualities as evidenced by his Wednesday stint, but you have to question whether those qualities are the right fit for PVFC in its current situation. I really didn't understand his team selection yesterday. 4231 with 3 narrow attacking midfielders, with neither Chislett or Weir in their right positions. Lopata completely bombed out of a squad that can't keep a clean sheet. Was it just a case of 'get the biggest name in'?

It's a really controversial view that will get a load of stick, but we needed a manager who can immediately tighten up a defence on a budget. Perhaps the manager of the team with the fourth-best defensive record in League 1 last season (on a small budget) would have been the better short-term option.

I'm still behind him. He's probably a decent option for League 2 next season, and he's been dealt an very difficult hand. However, I'd argue DC was dealt a far worse one at Cheltenham.

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Was it just a case of 'get the biggest name in'?

I think this is the case. They probably thought it would take some heat off the DoF but it could actually do the opposite if we keep losing with people being less likely to vent their rage at the big name manager.

I do think people will wake up to Moore and his nonsense quite quickly though. Especially Vale fans.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Doha said:

That'll be the next pravda line. Woe is us, we've only spent the majority of history at this level and above. We got promoted too early you see.

But 'We don't do eigth', she proclaimed the summer before the promotion season.  Which is it?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

On Moore, he clearly has a fair few qualities as evidenced by his Wednesday stint, but you have to question whether those qualities are the right fit for PVFC in its current situation. I really didn't understand his team selection yesterday. 4231 with 3 narrow attacking midfielders, with neither Chislett or Weir in their right positions. Lopata completely bombed out of a squad that can't keep a clean sheet. Was it just a case of 'get the biggest name in'?

It's a really controversial view that will get a load of stick, but we needed a manager who can immediately tighten up a defence on a budget. Perhaps the manager of the team with the fourth-best defensive record in League 1 last season (on a small budget) would have been the better short-term option.

I'm still behind him. He's probably a decent option for League 2 next season, and he's been dealt a very difficult hand. However, I'd argue DC was dealt a far worse one at Cheltenham.

Wait. Wasn’t lopata injured? 
And yes, it was a known name to placate the fans. And probably to take the heat off flitcroft as any of the other names wouldn’t have done that. No recruitment process again too. 

• Like 1