onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ryan Loft.

7 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Terminate his contract today. Not a footballer and not even trying. That ‘shot’ wouldn’t be out of place on a Sunday morning. No effort even when backed. Worst player I’ve seen for vale. I knew he was bad when we signed him, not this bad though. I did feel sorry for him, sometimes it just Dosent work at a club and clearly hasn’t here, but last night angered me. 

You have not seen many then their is more than him who wants his contract ripping up.One from Biddulph one from wigan and the main man himself who is in charge of all football matters for a start.

• Like 2

Advert

1 minute ago, hamilboy said:

You have not seen many then their is more than him who wants his contract ripping up.One from Biddulph one from wigan and the main man himself who is in charge of all football matters for a start.

Wilson been crap lately but better than loft. He’s scored a league goal more recently than October 2022 for a start

3 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Wilson been crap lately but better than loft. He’s scored a league goal more recently than October 2022 for a start

Sorry you cannot say anything about the boy wonder he played for Man United you know.

• Like 2

What abuse and vitriol are we all banging on about?

20 inebriated idiots booing him?

1 bloke having a go for warming up with his hands in his pockets?

There’s criticism on social media but there’s no reason why he’d read it.

The vast, vast majority of Port Vale fans have been incredibly supportive. This blanket justification for him to play and act like he wants because of a few idiots is ridiculous. There is going to be critical in a job that involves performing if you aren’t performing very well - that’s just the nature of it.

There was 4,000 people desperate for Loft to score last night, who applauded him as he got to his feet after his injury, who cheered him onto the pitch.

Sick of it being claimed that he is receiving relentless stick from all of us. He isn’t. He’s just not showing a great deal of effort or ability, and the sprinting down the tunnel at full-time.

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, JoeB2 said:

What abuse and vitriol are we all banging on about?

20 inebriated idiots booing him?

1 bloke having a go for warming up with his hands in his pockets?

There’s criticism on social media but there’s no reason why he’d read it.

The vast, vast majority of Port Vale fans have been incredibly supportive. This blanket justification for him to play and act like he wants because of a few idiots is ridiculous. There is going to be critical in a job that involves performing if you aren’t performing very well - that’s just the nature of it.

There was 4,000 people desperate for Loft to score last night, who applauded him as he got to his feet after his injury, who cheered him onto the pitch.

Sick of it being claimed that he is receiving relentless stick from all of us. He isn’t. He’s just not showing a great deal of effort or ability, and the sprinting down the tunnel at full-time.

I am sad to say that he just doesn’t cut it for me and his record shows that with one goal and very little else to support his case; he warmed up with his hands in his pockets and contributes very little and the Bristol rovers fans and I know quit a few were happy to get rid of him; I will not shout abuse at him but why has he got such a long contract an Flitcroft is to blame and nobody will buy him off us but get rid of him, jones and Massey and perhaps Wilson once we get the inevitable relegation and ikpaezo is doing a better job whilst he is injured

Aside from discussing Loft's ability(or lack of) and whilst I agree with some of what Rob has said in the piece on the front page re mental health, one issue is who else do we stick upfront as an out and out striker with the options we have? Surely you need a least 1 fairly tall bloke up there?

You take Loft out of the firing line and that leaves us a 17 year old lad in Dipepa and Wilson who is injury prone and playing as a lone striker isn't really his game.  That leaves us with the make do and mend option of shoehorning Garrity or Chislett in there, some would probably argue they'd be better on one leg than Loft but in all seriousness is that really the point?

Criminal what a mess we've been left in from that point of view of the recruitment and makes the January window even more shameful from Flitcroft and his recruitment team!  I'm left shaking my head whenever I think of it, there truly was no excuse not to at least get 1 striker in(even a young lad on loan ala Thomas could have taken some of the weight of games) but we got nowt!

Short of signing a free agent with some level of fitness(I saw unofficial vale on twitter linking us with an Icelandic chap, don't know if there's owt in that?) we're utterly doomed it would seem!😞

Edited by Shropshire_Valiant
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I’d play Garrity up top as the other option. Even Massey would do a better job and at least run down the channels and stretch sides. Loft shouldn’t play again 

Massey isn't bad going forward. He rarely loses the ball and puts some nice crosses in, In a 433 he would be ok. It's just as wingback it's too much, as with most of the other players we have who have been asked to play in that position.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I’d play Garrity up top as the other option. Even Massey would do a better job and at least run down the channels and stretch sides. Loft shouldn’t play again 

I tend to agree but really that just shows how poor we are.  Like comparing 1 level of crapness(is that a word!😁) with another, as in one system you have Loft who is rubbish and in the other you have players out of position and risk them having a poor game as a result(although at least they might try). 

For me if Massey plays it has to be as a out and out right winger(where he's had his better games) he's poor anywhere else. Dreadful as a RB/WB and can't finish well enough as an out and out forward.

So it's swings and roundabouts for me, in the absence of anything else do we play Loft up front and at least have the likes of Garrity, Chislett, Massey(et al) in their better positions and they might have a good game or ditch Loft and play the others out of position?  Geez what a choice/mess!🫣

Edited by Shropshire_Valiant