onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fleetwood (H) match thread - 27th Feb

robf

34 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Yeah you’d think so or even Mighten he’s got pace, likes to beat a man & would be a big threat getting in behind. I do prefer garrity playing a little deeper & making those runs late into the box myself, plus he isn’t scared to get stuck in when it’s needed in the middle of the park. Prefer Massey right of a front three but even up front he would offer more than dipepa 👍🏻 

Garrity seems to need to score from the edge of the box or arriving late closer in. He may be able to play striker / target man but to me that wastes his main assets of mobility and penetration.

Edited by Warren
  • Like 2

Advert

Selection really depends on how many new surprise injuries we have picked up since Saturday.

be amazed if we haven’t as it seems par for the course for someone to ‘have a knock’ or not quite ‘feel right’

wonder if we would have the same issue if we were at the other end of the table? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Even with glimpses here & there it’s clear to see he’s absolutely miles off first team football at this level. It’s just hanging him out to dry & isn’t going to benefit him whatsoever 

I agree there is risk, but I think he needs to get good portions of time when possible. 

My inspiration is Liverpool on Sunday!

Edited by Warren

8 minutes ago, Warren said:

I agree there is risk, but I think he needs to get good portions of time when possible. 

My inspiration is Liverpool on Sunday!

We’re not in a position to take that risk right now though mate 😅

• Like 2

Us giving Dipepa lots of chances / time when he's not ready for it just reminds me of Danny Glover (arguably he's not even at Danny's level when Danny was in the side). Complete waste of his time forcing him to play above his level, won't help his development.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Vtid said:

We’re not in a position to take that risk right now though mate 😅

Yes, I think that's true. But the others including Wilson, Chislett and Loft need to start scoring. If they were we would put him less up the ladder and give him more time. 

6 minutes ago, NW9Valiant said:

Us giving Dipepa lots of chances / time when he's not ready for it just reminds me of Danny Glover (arguably he's not even at Danny's level when Danny was in the side). Complete waste of his time forcing him to play above his level, won't help his development.

C'mon NW9...did you really need to remind us of Danny Glover!?!😮

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Crouch End Valiant said:

I am going to the game tonight with blind optimism we will end our Tuesday night hoodoo.

I think you’ll be better off going with your big coat, hat, scarf, gloves, thermals and hot water bottle rather than something that sounds like an old blues singer. 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

He needs game time at leek town not in league 1. 

Correct, think it was Stevenage, he came on, every time the ball came to him he was dispossessed or it got trapped under him, he should be in the Pizza Games and maybe get a run if we are safe mid table in dead rubbers but he is a couple of years off it yet, thats not slating the lad he may have a real bright future and with us as well but we've got to manage him right there.

He's not as far on as Planty or Shorrock at this point.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Brian said:

Does anyone think Gore will play for us again?

🙋‍♂️ Be as bad as Williams if he doesn’t won’t it. 60 mins & a poor one of that 

Edited by Vtid