onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who do you get rid of?

Granville

The confusing thing for me is that Uche was coming into his own just prior to his injury, whilst he hasn’t really set the world on fire he can be a proper nuisance for the opposition. Just as he was finding this form he was supposedly joining Charlton and if it wasn’t for some medical anomaly (conjecture) that’s exactly where he would be.

whilst we have rarely produced any outstanding performances this season I do genuinely believe with a reasonably decent striker and a pacy LWB we would definitely have stayed in league 1. I’m an average fan, I’ve not done any coaching badges, I’ve just played a fair amount of Saturday and Sunday football and even I could say with 100% certainly what the team needed.

I have nothing personal against Flitcroft but what did he think would happen to the team without the required additions. Are there any Vale fans out there who are now surprised at our league position? To answer my own question I certainly aren’t.

Stay up or down I’d keep.

Ripley, Garrity, Debrah, Plant, Ojo, Clark, Sang, Dipeppa, Rhys-Walters and Shorrock.

whilst I don’t think Massey warrants the stick he gets I think he has had his day. Wilson has just not produced enough to warrant any investment. Nathan Smith, whilst I love his commitment I think there is better out there. I feel sorry for Loft, I can see the lad is really trying but in the position he plays it should involve the odd goal. Iacovetti, Grant & Lowe -no thanks.

The only one I’m deliberating about is Chislet, he is weak with his back to goal and gets outmuscled too frequently for my liking but I think he could be effective in a better team. 

Uche will be gone whether we want him or not,

Advert

10 hours ago, Powerline said:

Decision to let Cass go out on loan looks a shocker now we are playing a back 4 with no right backs. He’s the only one we had!

I used to like Cass but his form went downbank rapid.

Noticed he's played 4 times for Stockport since his move

Had a good debut in a 3-1 win against Grimsby and even got a goal, but since then....

Was absolutely turned inside out when Crewe beat Stockport 3-1 away, was done for pace and lost possession multiple times over. They should have taken him off.

Was taken off at Half-time on saturday as Tranmere battered Stockport 4-0

That said had a decent game on Tuesday night though against Gillingham.

Like all of our current players, can't seem to find a run of form or confidence.

23 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Carol owns the business and Flicroft is an employee just like the purchasing manager or cleaners. If the cleaners left the place a pig hole and they were always running out of toner do you think she would say nothing?  

Well she probably wouldn't write a 10,000 word open letter citing how they met retrospective targets and that criticism for them failing to clean up has to stop.

Then the club probably wouldn't release a podcast interview with them where the interviewer spent 40 minutes fawning over them and saying how they were in awe of how they were the busiest person at the club so it made perfect sense that the place looked like a tip.

17 hours ago, Granville said:

Based on the fact we look like a relegation team, and we go down, who do we cull/tell them to find another club/keep If we find ourselves in League Two?

Ripley - Keep

Cass - Release 

Jones - Release

Sang - Keep

Smith - Keep

Clark - Keep 

Garrity - Keep

Loft - Tell him to find somewhere else

Chislett - Keep

Uche - Keep

Leutwiler - Keep

Ojo - Keep

Grant - Tell him to find somewhere else

Lowe - Release 

Iacovitti - Release

Massey - Release

Plant - Keep

Debrah - Keep

Wilson - Release

I'd keep the academy lads if they want to re-sign, but I would guess Walters is already on his way. 

The problem with that (as I mentioned on a post elsewhere) is several of the players you want to release are under contract...

Dan Jones, Jason Lowe, Conor Grant, Ryan Loft and Alex Iacovitti are all under contract for another year.  

The only four players out of contract are Gavin Massey (bit unclear as his contract length wasn't published), Leutwiler, Wilson and Cass.

That means fourteen senior players (plus the junior professionals given contracts) are all under contract for at least another season.

There's going to be a massive problem trying to rebuild a squad if you can't release players unless you can somehow agree a mutual termination.

17 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Agree with most. I'd actually keep Cass. Already fitted straight into the League leaders starting X1 and a goal to his name.

Was good in League 2 hence I'd keep. 

They lost 3-1 at home to Crewe, lost 4-0 at Tranmere, who have a far better manager in Nigel Adkins than we have had, and drawn 0-0.

It seems Cass has taken the Losing Mentality with him !

Assuming we can stay in this league;

Get rid of the players out of contract - Massey, Wilson, Uche and Cass.

Offer Leutwiler another year as we aren't going to get better that is happy to sit on the bench

Transfer list - Grant, Loft, Sang, Jones, Yak

Even if you can't get rid of any of these we would still need;

1x LB
1x CB (replacing Kacper)

2x Midfielders (replacing gore and weir)

2 or 3 wide midfielders (1 to replace Mighton)

4, yes 4, strikers! 

The Uche to Charlton thing was just a bit of gamesmanship from Charlton to upset us a relegation rivals. They were not going to buy him. 

In terms of who you keep, the question has to be who would you keep in league 1, because the idea that we need to release players based on differing standards between the divisions won’t work. We’d be poor in either league. 

Having said that some of the injuries we have had have been shocking again this year, I mean I’d forgotten we even had Mitch Clark on our books until someone mentioned he was still injured! 

Archived