onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who do you get rid of?

Granville

2 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

I would  keep Cass , 

Seems to be doing well at Stockport. I've no issues with him staying but we need to make room for new signings and there's only four blokes we can release. I'm sure Flicker can work his magic and flog some of them off to unsuspecting buyers. Then as Ray said we have to watch out for Ripley and Garrity being poached by League One clubs

Advert

7 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Seems to be doing well at Stockport. I've no issues with him staying but we need to make room for new signings and there's only four blokes we can release. I'm sure Flicker can work his magic and flog some of them off to unsuspecting buyers. Then as Ray said we have to watch out for Ripley and Garrity being poached by League One clubs

7 minutes ago, Wrex said:

If Fraudcroft is still at The Vale in the summer mate there's something very fundamenttly wrong with the owners priorities at our football club in my humble opinion.

12 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

If Fraudcroft is still at The Vale in the summer mate there's something very fundamenttly wrong with the owners priorities at our football club in my humble opinion.

I suspect that his position will become untenable when the season ticket renewals start coming in... or not coming in. Financial pressure. Barring that then he is here for the foreseeable.

1 hour ago, Wrex said:

Leutwiler - no opinion
Ikpeazu - release
Massey - release
Wilson - release
Cass - release

Ripley, Jones, Smith, Clark, Iacovitti, Debrah, Sang, Garrity, Chislett, Grant, Lowe, Loft are under contract until 2025.

Ojo, Lomax and Dipepa are under contract until 2026.

Plant is under contract until 2027.

So get used to these players because they're here to stay. If you think the club will pay off up to 16 players when we apparently can't afford a striker then you're dreaming.

We might well find some takers for those under contract past this season. 

Chislett, Garrity, Ripley all players I wouldn't want to lose, but I'd keep an eye on them as might be in demand. 

Loft unfortunately, is not going to work out unless we have a goal threat elsewhere. Seems to be a luxury player (and not a great one, despite recent efforts). 

I'm annoyed older players with little to no resale value are being given 2 year contracts. Grant is surely a drain on the wage budget as well that has not worked out, should look to move him on for nothing if somebody else will have him.

The defenders under contract I think we are stuck with, which is terribly worrying for next year. We need to drop at least two of them and bring in some fresh players at the back. 

We are going to be in desperate need of a striker anyway as well, regardless of where we end up. So sadly I can really see sales and terminations being done to off set it, and we will end up with another squad balance problem next year.

Keep Carol. And repeatedly calling for Flitcroft's head will only alienate her. Yes, we all have a right to an opinion, but do we really want to drive her out of the club? Goodness knows where we would end up. National League North probably, with Smurthwaite back as chairman.

9 hours ago, Heatwave said:

Keep Carol. And repeatedly calling for Flitcroft's head will only alienate her. Yes, we all have a right to an opinion, but do we really want to drive her out of the club? Goodness knows where we would end up. National League North probably, with Smurthwaite back as chairman.

Carol owns the business and Flicroft is an employee just like the purchasing manager or cleaners. If the cleaners left the place a pig hole and they were always running out of toner do you think she would say nothing?  

No matter how <ovf censored> we are there’s always some fans that try and push blame back on fans. Now apparently a thread on a forum is going to affect the sides inspiration in the run in until the end of the season. I’ve really heard it all. 

Archived