onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Flitcroft simple vote...

Aguar61

On 21/02/2024 at 09:42, ginginator said:

Finances will be tight, a team like Sjoke can spend millions on infrastructure or repairs and still have plenty for the squad. Obviously within FFP restrictions.

Our new pitch and other stuff eats into our limited spending power.

DF has a budget, but he seems poor at using it wisely. 

Like for like players are worse and on more money, the square pegs we have ( sometimes injurees, suspensions, gives you no choice).

Pity DM cannot give us a list of the players he would keep.

He will at the end of the season.

On 21/02/2024 at 09:42, ginginator said:

Finances will be tight, a team like Sjoke can spend millions on infrastructure or repairs and still have plenty for the squad. Obviously within FFP restrictions.

Our new pitch and other stuff eats into our limited spending power.

DF has a budget, but he seems poor at using it wisely. 

Like for like players are worse and on more money, the square pegs we have ( sometimes injurees, suspensions, gives you no choice).

Pity DM cannot give us a list of the players he would keep.

Advert

11 minutes ago, mbycars said:

It wasn't actually 90% of people on here, it was 90% of the people that voted. I want him gone but for balance of opinion i thought i needed to clarify.

Fair point friend 👍

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

Stoke City have just sacked their version of Flickers because they have been left with a unbalanced squad, that concedes goals for fun, can not score goals and have been left in a relegation battle.

Why are they doing now and not having a review at the end of the season whilst they are trying to stay in the league?

Sacking him is going to have a detrimental effect on the team on Saturday when they play.

What the hell were Stoke thinking taking that decision now

How dare they galvanise and unite the fan base to be the 12th man in their relegation battle 🤬

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/309946/martin-sacked-jonathan-walters-interim?page=25

I can't wait for the next DoF to come in and be told to find a league one striker that that scores goals for less than £3k a week. Flitcroft has had his hands tied by Carol. The buck stops at her. It is no surprise that she has come out and defended him because she knows that if he was to go then she is the next target. For as long as I have supported Vale a certain section of the fan base have to have a scapegoat or a target for vitriol (sometimes with good reason, others not (Constantine for one)). Nothing I post on here is going to stop the direction of this movement (for want of a better word) but if/when he goes I am not sure there would be another DoF in football that could find a good striker for what we are willing to spend.  Carol needs to spend some money in the right place and we can't be competitive in the market with her budget. We have a bottom 4 budget (from someone close to the club accounting team) and guess where that puts you, DF or no DF. 

3 minutes ago, Bede said:

We don't.

Well that’s that sorted. Who’s your source? 
I’m pretty confident the person who told me knows what he is on about. 

3 minutes ago, WV said:

Well that’s that sorted. Who’s your source? 
I’m pretty confident the person who told me knows what he is on about. 

Pretty sure Baggers said in a recent newsletter that he understood that our budget was 18th, so not bottom 4.

7 hours ago, WV said:

I can't wait for the next DoF to come in and be told to find a league one striker that that scores goals for less than £3k a week. Flitcroft has had his hands tied by Carol. The buck stops at her. It is no surprise that she has come out and defended him because she knows that if he was to go then she is the next target. For as long as I have supported Vale a certain section of the fan base have to have a scapegoat or a target for vitriol (sometimes with good reason, others not (Constantine for one)). Nothing I post on here is going to stop the direction of this movement (for want of a better word) but if/when he goes I am not sure there would be another DoF in football that could find a good striker for what we are willing to spend.  Carol needs to spend some money in the right place and we can't be competitive in the market with her budget. We have a bottom 4 budget (from someone close to the club accounting team) and guess where that puts you, DF or no DF. 

This is quite right. It was obvious the budget was cut this season and she knows it, which is why she feels so morally tied to Flitcroft. 

Having said that the club is run well and I think I have been quite disappointed to see that investment has not come from sources other than Carol. A well run club tends to attract financial backers, but there seems little more now than when Smurfwaite was mouthing off. 

The baffling thing for me is that the budget was cut off the back of good times. It was a successful season, yet we seemed to have a better squad in the Covid era when games were played with no crowds or income! 

I would be very relieved if we finish 18th!

If DM is going to have control of first team playing formation and tactics I have no problem Flitcroft staying as he is, apparently, very good at bringing money into the club. Plus his signings record other than striker has been good on the whole.

30 minutes ago, andy jones said:

I would be very relieved if we finish 18th!

If DM is going to have control of first team playing formation and tactics I have no problem Flitcroft staying as he is, apparently, very good at bringing money into the club. Plus his signings record other than striker has been good on the whole.

Dan Jones - Mr Hollywood is crap & always injured

Tom Sang - Indifferent

Mitch Clark - Jury is still out on him

Ryan Loft - not very good - 1goal

Ethan Chislett - Decent but needs to stop diving at every touch

Uche - See Ryan Loft

Jayson Leutwiler - Ok for a back up keeper

Conor Ripley - Good

Conor Grant - Injury prone and awful

Alex Iacovitti - Rubbish

Gavin Massey - rubbish

Jensen Weir - jury still out

James Wilson - should never have been resigned, twice

Kacper Lopata - Looks decent but will go back to Barnsley at the end of the season

Jesse Debrah - mixed bag

Arblaster - Brilliant

Devine - Brilliant

Thomas - Not given a chance

Balmer - Rubbish

Ojo - don't get why everyone raves about him. 

His signings are in general have been really poor 

4 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Dan Jones - Mr Hollywood is crap & always injured

Tom Sang - Indifferent

Uche - See Ryan Loft

Conor Ripley - Good

Ojo - Half decent

Alex Iacovitti - Rubbish

Gavin Massey - rubbish

Kacper Lopata - Looks decent but will go back to Barnsley at the end of the season

Jesse Debrah - mixed bag

Arblaster - Brilliant

Devine - Brilliant

Balmer - Rubbish

His signings are in general really poor 

Difficult to argue with that, youth

7 hours ago, WV said:

Loft £3k a week

Uche £3k a week

Wilson - no idea what he's in but guessing something similar.

Split all that up into 2 strikers and then use the loan market. 

He's had the budget but totally wasted it

2 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Dan Jones - Crap

Tom Sang - Indifferent

Uche - See Ryan Loft

Conor Ripley - Good

Ojo - Half decent

Alex Iacovitti - Rubbish

Gavin Massey - rubbish

Jesse Debrah - mixed bag

Arblaster - Brilliant

Devine - Brilliant

Balmer - Rubbish

His signings are in general really poor 

Covolan, Martin, Amos, Robinson, Lloyd, Cooper, Holy, Massey, Agyakwa, Holden, Small, Stevens, Odubeko, McCarron, Donnelly, Williams

Archived