onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cheltenham (A) match thread - 17th Feb

18 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Back on the subject of yesterdays game. 
Ripley. I real feel for the guy. I’m sure I’ve heard that we have changed our back 3 personal a massive 26 times this season. How the hell can he command what’s in front of him when he doesn’t know who it will be from week to week! 
Smith. Dreadful. There’s a reason nobody has made a bid for him in a decade at the club. A good league 2 defender. Nothing more. Hugely out of his depth in league 1.

Lopata. Not our player. Doing Barnsley a favour in getting him games.

Dan Jones. Shocking. He went through a spell when he first came where he did really well. Since his illness he hasn’t been the same player. League 2/National league footballer.

Grant. If he were a dog he’d have been put down. No pace. No fight. No energy. No legs. National league player at best.

Ojo. Where has his form gone? In teams faces at the start of the season. Now chases his own shadow for 90 minutes. League 2 player.

Lowe. A sad indictment that at one point he was probably our best defender. Now treading water in the middle. Another who can barely run. League 2/National league player.

Massey. Feels like he’s been here forever. Rarely scores. Rarely assists. Goes missing. Has one good game every 20. Robbing a living. National league player.

Chislett. A shining light in a dark tunnel of dross. Acts like he cares. Still quite raw. Always looking to be involved. Got the potential to have a good career at this level and maybe higher.

Wilson. Not arsed is he. Let’s get real. Wouldn’t know he was on the pitch most games. Proving he’s not good enough anymore for anything higher than league 2.

Loft. Fair play to the lad as he does actually run. Doesn’t get near the ball but he does run around. Probably be a better 1500 meter runner than he is a footballer. He’d be on the bench for Wolstanton Working Mens club fc.

Weir. An Ollie Arblaster or Alfie Devine he is not. 
Not sure what he is. 
What does he do?

Mighten. Well he might if he gets a start!! Looks tricky but doesn’t fit into our system of passing the ball to death and sending the fans to sleep.

Dipepa. For the love of god stop bringing the lad on!! He shouldn’t be anywhere near league football. He’s got two years of progression needed. Right now we aren’t looking after the lad.

Walters. Class act earlier in the season. Went missing. Won’t sign a contract. Looks like he doesn’t want to be here.

So any fan coming at me and others saying we have games in hand…. Look at that shower who have to get the points! Peterborough away is one of them. Forget that. 
Bottom two are going down so that leaves two places. Cheltenham will be fine. Charlton are catchable. But then you’re looking at a huge home game against Sheewsbury. 
But ultimately football is a very simple game made confusing by others.

Basic facts are we are <ovf censored> at the back. Look like the Chelsea pensioners in midfield. Toothless up front. Have no passion. Can’t make a tackle. Have no pride. Don’t leave it all out on the pitch. And have a squad where I dare say 90% of them are not giving it their all and going through the motions.

Weve got to see improvement of miraculous portions. Anyone with their eyes open should be very very worried indeed.

Genuinely Spunkers, welcome back.

Advert

54 minutes ago, 1 said:

I’d really like to know the truth behind letting Crosby play through an awful transfer window, gave him one (?) game post-window then sacked him, only to recruit an exciting high-profile manager to dig us out of the mire we created ourselves with no opportunity to change the personnel. It just seems so disjointed and totally illogical. Either sack him in time for the new gaffer to change the team around, or stick with the same guy. To twist after the transfer window, it’s baffling. Obviously like most people I want Moore over Crosby but we’ve voluntarily disarmed his rebuild. It simply makes no sense. 

In the world according to Flitcroft….,,

He surveyed the manager market last year when we were struggling, decided there was no-one out  there better than Crosby and intervened instead to help offering a set piece coach which was declined. 

Danny Cowley or Karl Robinson would haven been a better bet than Crosby in November. Those 2 are just of the top of my head before analysing data.

He suggested he only pulled the trigger knowing he could get better when Darren Moore was available.

The transfer window is irrelevant in his world because the manager would have been dealing with the same names.

Funny that.. I wonder if Ellis Harrison and Matty Taylor were on his hotlist if DC wasn’t in charge.

More <ovf censored> from our DoF

18 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Back on the subject of yesterdays game. 
Ripley. I real feel for the guy. I’m sure I’ve heard that we have changed our back 3 personal a massive 26 times this season. How the hell can he command what’s in front of him when he doesn’t know who it will be from week to week! 
Smith. Dreadful. There’s a reason nobody has made a bid for him in a decade at the club. A good league 2 defender. Nothing more. Hugely out of his depth in league 1.

Lopata. Not our player. Doing Barnsley a favour in getting him games.

Dan Jones. Shocking. He went through a spell when he first came where he did really well. Since his illness he hasn’t been the same player. League 2/National league footballer.

Grant. If he were a dog he’d have been put down. No pace. No fight. No energy. No legs. National league player at best.

Ojo. Where has his form gone? In teams faces at the start of the season. Now chases his own shadow for 90 minutes. League 2 player.

Lowe. A sad indictment that at one point he was probably our best defender. Now treading water in the middle. Another who can barely run. League 2/National league player.

Massey. Feels like he’s been here forever. Rarely scores. Rarely assists. Goes missing. Has one good game every 20. Robbing a living. National league player.

Chislett. A shining light in a dark tunnel of dross. Acts like he cares. Still quite raw. Always looking to be involved. Got the potential to have a good career at this level and maybe higher.

Wilson. Not arsed is he. Let’s get real. Wouldn’t know he was on the pitch most games. Proving he’s not good enough anymore for anything higher than league 2.

Loft. Fair play to the lad as he does actually run. Doesn’t get near the ball but he does run around. Probably be a better 1500 meter runner than he is a footballer. He’d be on the bench for Wolstanton Working Mens club fc.

Weir. An Ollie Arblaster or Alfie Devine he is not. 
Not sure what he is. 
What does he do?

Mighten. Well he might if he gets a start!! Looks tricky but doesn’t fit into our system of passing the ball to death and sending the fans to sleep.

Dipepa. For the love of god stop bringing the lad on!! He shouldn’t be anywhere near league football. He’s got two years of progression needed. Right now we aren’t looking after the lad.

Walters. Class act earlier in the season. Went missing. Won’t sign a contract. Looks like he doesn’t want to be here.

So any fan coming at me and others saying we have games in hand…. Look at that shower who have to get the points! Peterborough away is one of them. Forget that. 
Bottom two are going down so that leaves two places. Cheltenham will be fine. Charlton are catchable. But then you’re looking at a huge home game against Sheewsbury. 
But ultimately football is a very simple game made confusing by others.

Basic facts are we are <ovf censored> at the back. Look like the Chelsea pensioners in midfield. Toothless up front. Have no passion. Can’t make a tackle. Have no pride. Don’t leave it all out on the pitch. And have a squad where I dare say 90% of them are not giving it their all and going through the motions.

Weve got to see improvement of miraculous portions. Anyone with their eyes open should be very very worried indeed.

You’d find it hard to argue with that summary of the squad. Great post. It’ll be a huge turnover of players in the summer and one I’m looking forward to very much. 

22 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

Did you watch him yesterday ??

even the anti-Loft brigade have praised his work-rate - and he might as well hit em from 40 yards as we haven't got anyone capable of supplying him decent balls anywhere near the penalty area

at least you left smudge out of your rant - well done 👍👍👍

Yeah I did he did well for 30 minutes last 60 did he touch the ball apart from that wild shot and a lousy ball through .

True there's no point in playing strikers we don't supply them with anything as we haven't the legs in the side.

Spunk Trumpet analysis is generally spot on 

3 minutes ago, Bede said:

Genuinely Spunkers, welcome back.

Sat back for years. Quietly watched on here. Just thought I’d put my penneth in again. 
Im absolutely astounded in the change in Carol. She’s gone from being one of the fans to being so far up her own arse it’s untrue! The open letter did her no favours and angered enough fans to not bother turning up. She has single handedly divided the fanbase with the decisions she has made lately. And after all of that I actually feel quite sorry for her because she is so obviously being gaslighted by Flitcroft and when that happens you cannot see what’s going on and you will not listen to those that care. Care about the club. Care about her. She’s lost in his power like a fluttering eyed little girl.

Chuffed to bits at the amazing training facilities. Shame she didn’t factor in to the equation that if you put worse players on it than we had in league 2 we will be back in league 2.

If you’ve had diarrhea for a week or so you don’t go and fit a brand new toilet and hope the two Bob bits stop.

The same old <ovf censored> rhetoric from the club is cringeworthy to watch.

”So Jensen. Why Port Vale”

”Well after I met the gaffer and Dave and the owners blah blah blah.

”What would you say to anyone wanting to come here”

”it’s a great place. Everyone makes you feel welcome. It’s a family. Blah blah blah.”

And then we will repeat that conversation with the same questions and the same written out replies that they must read, nothing is natural, with every player or manager that comes through the door.

I want to hear from Darren Moore about a bit of pride and passion and what HE offers. So far alls I’ve heard is how good the fans are, and how good Dave is and it’s a two man thing and how good Dave is and how good the owners are and how good Dave is and how it’s an honour to work for the club on AND off the pitch and how good Dave is.

It’s been absolutely nauseating. Especially when they go out with the same formation, the same tactics, the same players as good as and about as much fight as a boxer with no arms.

It’s got to change. You know it. I know it. Flitcroft needs to go so we can get our club back on track. 
And in the meantime Darren Moore needs to tell Flitcroft to <ovf censored> off and keep his nose out. Crosby wasn’t man enough to do it. Let’s hope the big man can see that he’s the problem very quickly. 

35 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

Did you watch him yesterday ??

even the anti-Loft brigade have praised his work-rate - and he might as well hit em from 40 yards as we haven't got anyone capable of supplying him decent balls anywhere near the penalty area

at least you left smudge out of your rant - well done 👍👍👍

He was one of our better players but you had to laugh when he tried that volley. Was like his air volley a couple of weeks ago, except this time he connected and almost sent it out the ground. Bit odd doing that when you’ve not scored a league goal in over a year.

1 hour ago, 1 said:

I’d really like to know the truth behind letting Crosby play through an awful transfer window, gave him one (?) game post-window then sacked him, only to recruit an exciting high-profile manager to dig us out of the mire we created ourselves with no opportunity to change the personnel. It just seems so disjointed and totally illogical. Either sack him in time for the new gaffer to change the team around, or stick with the same guy. To twist after the transfer window, it’s baffling. Obviously like most people I want Moore over Crosby but we’ve voluntarily disarmed his rebuild. It simply makes no sense. 

But under the dof and recruitment system we have it arguably wouldn't have made much difference as the same players would have been looked at anyway. The only possible reason to change before is having Darren Moore as manager may have had a bit more pulling power than Crosby

4 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Sat back for years. Quietly watched on here. Just thought I’d put my penneth in again. 
Im absolutely astounded in the change in Carol. She’s gone from being one of the fans to being so far up her own arse it’s untrue! The open letter did her no favours and angered enough fans to not bother turning up. She has single handedly divided the fanbase with the decisions she has made lately. And after all of that I actually feel quite sorry for her because she is so obviously being gaslighted by Flitcroft and when that happens you cannot see what’s going on and you will not listen to those that care. Care about the club. Care about her. She’s lost in his power like a fluttering eyed little girl.

Chuffed to bits at the amazing training facilities. Shame she didn’t factor in to the equation that if you put worse players on it than we had in league 2 we will be back in league 2.

If you’ve had diarrhea for a week or so you don’t go and fit a brand new toilet and hope the two Bob bits stop.

”it’s a great place. Everyone makes you feel welcome. It’s a family. Blah blah blah.”

And then we will repeat that conversation with the same questions and the same written out replies that they must read, nothing is natural, with every player or manager that comes through the door.

I want to hear from Darren Moore about a bit of pride and passion and what HE offers. So far alls I’ve heard is how good the fans are, and how good Dave is and it’s a two man thing and how good Dave is and how good the owners are and how good Dave is and how it’s an honour to work for the club on AND off the pitch and how good Dave is.

It’s been absolutely nauseating. Especially when they go out with the same formation, the same tactics, the same players as good as and about as much fight as a boxer with no arms.

It’s got to change. You know it. I know it. Flitcroft needs to go so we can get our club back on track. 
And in the meantime Darren Moore needs to tell Flitcroft to <ovf censored> off and keep his nose out. Crosby wasn’t man enough to do it. Let’s hope the big man can see that he’s the problem very quickly. 

Absolutely spot on fella.  Spot on.

I'm similar to you - I'd not been on here in years, but popped on a few weeks ago just to see if the views on here were the same as mine and many others I know and speak to.  Pretty much they are.  So many people cannot be wrong, but Carol simply cannot see it.

16 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

In fairness he's worked with them in training for a day.

Exactly Fuzzy and I'm not getting at DM or Massey, Massey has some good qualities going forward but he's a poor defender and hence a liability as a wing back.

Such a key match as Cheltenham with DC in charge was a lousy fixture for Moore to have as a first game with not having a good understanding of the strength and weaknesses of the Vale players.

Not meant to be an excuse but just how the cookie crumbled. 

1 hour ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

That's a Cracking Post ,  very well put , mate 

1 hour ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Cracking post ST

1 hour ago, Bede said:

I'm referring more to the club's owner basically offering an ultimatum to fans, creating a huge fan divide to the point where fans are walking away from the club.  This was never meant to be happening under the Shanahans.  We expected so much better.

Another words 

Carol u do as we say or we walk away 

Vale fans love a protest or 2 

Archived