onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Peterborough (A) match thread - 10th March

robf

<ovf censored> team selection, <ovf censored> substitutions, totally stuffed… great game plan. Have to bear Exeter now or the <ovf censored> team selection and <ovf censored> tactics will be made to look even shitter.

• Confused 1

Advert

14 minutes ago, Alan Vit said:

As opposed to judging him when you have never seen him play.

I think that Deklan Wynne is "a promising new signing" because -

1. I respect the judgement of Darren Moore and his highly experienced coaching staff who thought he was worth a trial and then on the basis of that thought he was worth a short-term contract as a longer trial.

2. He is not inexperienced, he has played c. 200 professional games and he has 24 international caps at the different NZ team age groups.

Please try to be a bit more positive to help the Vale progress.

New Zealand? Come on that’s hardly the barometer of a strong pedigree, they currently have players starting who play in the Irish league and he isn’t in the frame for a squad of players to that standard? 

He is some bloke who has been pulled in out of desperation. If by some miracle he is a great signing, no doubt his five game deal will see him bugger off to better things at the end of it. 

This signing is another indication of not doing the business in January. If Carol had managed to get Peterborough to cancel Clark Harris’ contract to join us for the last five games, I’d have called that “promising”. Not a guy who has never played English football and nothing since October.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Alan Vit said:

The odds would have been against it, just as they would have been against getting to half-time at 0-0.

But it was exactly the right plan against a high-flying Peterborough side.

Darren Moore has shown a really pragmatic approach.

Playing more openly against sides we can potentially beat, given our side's current stage of development under Darren.

And playing it really tight against sides which are clearly a lot better than us - trying to force a draw or even a spawny win on a late breakaway.

But if that doesn't work, at least not letting the GD be hammered.

Excellent football management, working with what he has got.

I wasn’t seeing much tight play in the 2nd half. Agreed in the first we tried that, but in the 2nd half they ran riot and it was like watching the footballing equivalent of the Harlem Globetrotters. 

There really shouldn’t be sides that much better than us in the 3rd division. The gap was embarrassing and if we do by some miracle stay up, who wants another year watching non events like that with a wholly useless squad? It needs about £5 million putting in to get a guaranteed mid table finish from what I have seen.

27 minutes ago, JRC said:

He actually has a point. This season comes down to how we perform in the 3 home games. Bolton and Peterborough were/ are free hits. Lose Saturday I'll be despondent.  Never expected much last night, just as well as we delivered little. Bigger issue than the result was Ojo going off. If he's out for the season we will go down.

So, you and him are manager for the Bolton game.

”Right lads. If you lose tonight, we don’t mind because these are a good team”

Yeah mate. Makes loads of sense that. 

We were defeated before we kicked a ball tonight.

That kind of attitude stinks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Alan, Carlisle went there and thumped them. So how bad are we if that’s DM’s tactics. We just don’t turn up to any games.

Further point, Peterborough are only 4th in the table, someway off Pompey on 90 points to their 77. If we are that far off Posh’s level, no wonder we are doomed. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Scarily, having heard Darren Moore’s post match interview that may very well had been his team talk. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

If you were manager with a 3 day turn around would you prioritise Peterborough away or Exeter at home?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JRC said:

If you were manager with a 3 day turn around would you prioritise Peterborough away or Exeter at home?

“Prioritise”?

Its league one football.

The last thing I would do against ANY league 1 team is park the bus behind a bus and another bus and basically give a team three points before a ball is kicked.

Tonight was an abomination. Regardless of what’s to come. 
We waved the white flag at 6.45pm when the team news was announced. 
It was three. Could have been 7. Their goalkeeper had his easiest night of the season. 

Half time stats showed we were successful in 33% of our tackles.

I am all for putting your eggs in one basket with the three home games but tonight was unforgivable with how we approached it.

Dont go gung ho. Keep it tight. But don’t <ovf censored> quit before a ball was kicked.

It was free hit.

Unforgiveable.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Spunk Trumpet said:

“Prioritise”?

Its league one football.

The last thing I would do against ANY league 1 team is park the bus behind a bus and another bus and basically give a team three points before a ball is kicked.

Tonight was an abomination. Regardless of what’s to come. 
We waved the white flag at 6.45pm when the team news was announced. 
It was three. Could have been 7. Their goalkeeper had his easiest night of the season. 

Half time stats showed we were successful in 33% of our tackles.

I am all for putting your eggs in one basket with the three home games but tonight was unforgivable with how we approached it.

Dont go gung ho. Keep it tight. But don’t <ovf censored> quit before a ball was kicked.

It was free hit.

Unforgiveable.

Was <ovf censored> and wish I never bothered going. If I knew Moore was going to throw in the towel before, I would’nt have bothered setting off.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I’m quite disillusioned after that. What happened to all the fight we’ve shown the last few games. They won’t have an easier game all season. I didn’t expect anything from the game, but the manner of defeat is really disappointing. If we’d turned up and tried to defend all game and lost 1-0, I actually wouldn’t have been overly upset as at least the goal difference would’ve kept us out the bottom 4. But to sit in and lose 3-0 anyway, we may as well have at least tried.

Stoke can have Walters especially if they’re paying compensation, he’s nowhere near it. Loft is a pathetic excuse for a footballer. And I feel sorry for him as he’s been hung out to dry, but tbh I’m not overly convinced Plant is a football league quality player. His defending is atrocious, which is to be expected as he’s not a defender. But he offers absolutely nothing going forward. He’s a supposed winger but cannot beat a man and cannot cross a ball. Reminds me of a right footed Alex hurst.

2 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Was <ovf censored> and wish I never bothered going. If I knew Moore was going to throw in the towel before, I would’nt have bothered setting off.

Same with me, went expecting a loss but at least a bit of fight and battle. What I saw was pathetic and a waste of my time and money, didn’t even try.

• Thanks 1

Also, do our players know what a tackle is? The amount of times we just let them run through the midfield without laying a finger on them was unbelievable. Was nice to see Uche actually get stuck into one or two of them near the end of the game, would’ve been nice to see before the 85th minute.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Same with me, went expecting a loss but at least a bit of fight and battle. What I saw was pathetic and a waste of my time and money, didn’t even try.

Moore has been here long enough now to realise Loft and Massey should not be in our starting eleven, if that’s his attack then welcome division 2 next season, we may as well have Gannon back as manager.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Exactly how I feel .

I don't mind losing never have it's a way of life with watching Vale but too lose so ineptly .

I was wondering why only 300 folk could be bothered go .

After seeing that performance they all deserve a medal and I see why 8000 stayed at home 

I've never being so bored at a Vale display .

I don't go watch the home team I'm not remotely interested in them .

They were excellent but Vale made it so easy for them .

It was like having your bellies tickled and the body language of the players was so telling .

We deserve go down if that's the way they apply themselves .

It was shocking 

Edited by Dipepa delight
  • Like 3

The problem you have, and I’m all for giving Darren Moore a chance, is that when you set your side up like that and basically throw in the towel before a ball is kicked, then you have to win the next game with attacking football and keep our survival alive.

If we’d give our all tonight and failed on Saturday it’s a debate to be had. 
If we now fail on Saturday after that shower tonight then questions, rightly or wrongly, will come the managers way.

• Like 7