onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

An Open Letter from Carol

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

I’m not sure what in that statement there is to rally around. It’s just a constant dig at the fans and no acceptance of any blame / negatives what so ever. I’m really not sure what there is to rally around. We have no manager, a clueless DOF and a chairwoman who seems completely oblivious to any negatives and has been completely hoodwinked by Flitcroft. On the playing side again, what is there to back? The players aren’t turning up. The last two games they may has well have not bothered, Ripley aside. Players posting rubbish on social media and then putting in some of the most gutless performances going (Wilson). 

I agree we do all need to get behind the club, but there really isn’t much to rally behind at the moment. 

I guarantee if on Saturday the players show some fight and effort the fans that are there will back them. 

"Since I became Chair of Port Vale I have made mistakes. Appointing Dave Flitcroft is not one of them. I am a human who is always trying to do her best, to learn from my mistakes, grow as both a person and a leader, and act in the best interests of Port Vale Football Club. Dave Flitcroft lives by that same code and that is why he is this club’s Director of Football. His appointment without doubt has helped me bring a lot of my vision to life. He has changed the way Port Vale is viewed within the industry and is a driving force as to why the club has come so far so quickly".

Advert

47 minutes ago, PVP said:

Reading a number of the posts it seems clear that there is a logical, fundamental message to the owners.

1.  Use the funds to get the best squad that delivers results in the best possible way.  This is called success on the pitch delivering progress, excitement, enjoyment, motivation and increased revenue through the gates.

2.  Use excess funds to improve the infrastructure.  (Score board, toilets, pitch, offices, training ground) etc.

The two are very clearly linked together. Get No 1 right and revenue increases through success that enables the funds for No 2.  Get No 1 wrong whilst focussing on No 2 then you have what we have today.

Surely every football club owner understands this connection ?

Well said mate. Us fans aren't bothered by anything else we just want to see a team to be proud of. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Warren said:

"Since I became Chair of Port Vale I have made mistakes. Appointing Dave Flitcroft is not one of them. I am a human who is always trying to do her best, to learn from my mistakes, grow as both a person and a leader, and act in the best interests of Port Vale Football Club. Dave Flitcroft lives by that same code and that is why he is this club’s Director of Football. His appointment without doubt has helped me bring a lot of my vision to life. He has changed the way Port Vale is viewed within the industry and is a driving force as to why the club has come so far so quickly".

Shame that Carol is obviously blind to Dave's incompetence.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

Man Utd don't, their stadium requires replacement or re-building as it has been neglected for 20 years. All sides of the business have to be properly managed and kept in balance. Infrastructure brings in income as well as being within stadium regulations.

You can't compare the 2 clubs in any way.  Man U are sold out every single game with a season ticket waiting list of years (I know somebody who has been on the waiting list for 10 years plus).  Man U's ticket revenue is guaranteed every match, every season.  As a PVFC fan for over 40 years I want to see a successful side making progress moving up the table.  What I don't want is Championship Ready facilities with a team playing in L2.

45 minutes ago, Warren said:

Port Vale is viewed within the industry and is a driving force as to why the club has come so far so quickly".

On that basis. I'm not expecting a cheap option manager for the next appointment. We should be able to attract a really good League One standard manager.

Great to hear

Edited by Brian Johnson
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, PVP said:

You can't compare the 2 clubs in any way.  Man U are sold out every single game with a season ticket waiting list of years (I know somebody who has been on the waiting list for 10 years plus).  Man U's ticket revenue is guaranteed every match, every season.  As a PVFC fan for over 40 years I want to see a successful side making progress moving up the table.  What I don't want is Championship Ready facilities with a team playing in L2.

Why are Man U considering spending £500M, Spurs spent £1000M on their grounds then? You have to move with the times. I am well aware our scale is different, we had to move from Hanley as the lease ran out.

1 minute ago, Fosse69 said:

Why are Man U considering spending £500M, Spurs spent £1000M on the grounds then? You have to move with the times. I am well aware our scale is different, we had to move from Hanley as the lease ran out.

Because they have the demand. We have too many seats already. Beyond getting a safety certificate money spent on the ground to the detriment of the squad is not so urgent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Maybe she should try understand why fans aren’t happy? It’s quite a simple decision for her, get rid of Flitcroft and the fans will all be united again. Someone with her business acumen shouldn’t be sending out statements written in that manor and which are so one sided. 

It doesn't seem possible to keep the fans happy.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Why are Man U considering spending £500M, Spurs spent £1000M on their grounds then? You have to move with the times. I am well aware our scale is different, we had to move from Hanley as the lease ran out.

"The Times" are making footballers billionaires whilst making it impossible for smaller clubs to break even, let alone thrive. Sustainability is the priority.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, 1 said:

Frustration turns to anger when legitimate concerns are not just disagreed with, they're disregarded and ignored. The new leadership staffing structure seems to have a political and selective method of communication; not owning up to the mistakes in recruitment and the transfer windows is causing a wedge between decision-makers and fans.

Admitting you've had a nightmare and being honest about it is the first step to putting it right, but especially these last 2 seasons the same mistakes are being made over and over again. Injuries, management, priorities. We survived last year despite these issues, but the rot has set in too early this year to be saved by sinking to slowly. My fear is this pattern is a culture lead ethos that you either buy into, get sacked or leave.

Do a poll of every fan that walks into the stadium on Saturday and ask them to consider their preferred priorities for the club: 1 current squad quality / 2 development of young players / 3 facilities and future (they seem to be the general groups.) I would say mainly 1, a smattering of 2 that are genuinely good enough / an eye on 3. It seems to be the complete opposite way round, but if you point that out, you're not supporting the club's future? No, it is a matter of proportioning the right amount of time, resources and money into each element at the right time. We are way off a balance that will maintain us in L1 right now, the footballing  decisions at the football club are being totally mismanaged; to get it wrong every time (not learning from mistakes and adding additional mistakes) on so many levels of the pitch competitiveness is gross mismanagement and is only taking the club one way.

My worry is that relegation will not change the thinking or the strategy, because like I said before it's an embedded culture now.

So having the club still exist for our kids does not make the list?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

I’m not sure what in that statement there is to rally around. It’s just a constant dig at the fans and no acceptance of any blame / negatives what so ever. I’m really not sure what there is to rally around. We have no manager, a clueless DOF and a chairwoman who seems completely oblivious to any negatives and has been completely hoodwinked by Flitcroft. On the playing side again, what is there to back? The players aren’t turning up. The last two games they may has well have not bothered, Ripley aside. Players posting rubbish on social media and then putting in some of the most gutless performances going (Wilson). 

I agree we do all need to get behind the club, but there really isn’t much to rally behind at the moment. 

I guarantee if on Saturday the players show some fight and effort the fans that are there will back them. 

You just see the negatives in everything 

I’ve made mistakes is a acceptance of the blame 

We have no manager because he was sacked few days ago you have been calling for that for weeks now u bring it up and sort of throw it back at them 

The rest I agree with 👍

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Shame that Carol is obviously blind to Dave's incompetence.

Carol, an experienced and a successful business person, who has put significant funds and an enormous amount of time into DF's approach still believes that he is good for the club.

What is the basis for your evaluation?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

You just see the negatives in everything 

I’ve made mistakes is a acceptance of the blame 

We have no manager because he was sacked few days ago you have been calling for that for weeks now u bring it up and sort of throw it back at them 

The rest I agree with 👍

She doesn’t state what her mistakes have been tho & totally ignores her biggest mistake which we know is Flitcroft. In fact just defends him in the entirety of the letter! Not one person has taken responsibility or held themselves accountable for what’s happened. This is the frustrating thing mate. One mistake was not getting rid of Crosby a lot earlier I said after Cheltenham he needs to go but she hasn’t actually owned anything in the letter. Appointing Crosby with no experience or interviewing anyone else was another the list goes on but I can’t be arsed I really can’t 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, AndyGeorge said:

It doesn't seem possible to keep the fans happy.

I think it is. Everyone knows the size of the club, we don’t have the big budgets of others ect. Most fans just want us to be able to compete, see some progression season on season, window on window and see exciting football. Basically to be entertained. 

• Like 3