onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

An Open Letter from Carol

Advert

he has created plans for a gym and offices overlooking the training pitches with work set to start this year.

WE'VE WON 3 GAMES IN 5 MONTHS AND HAVE 1 FIT* STRIKER WHO ISN'T STILL AT SCHOOL

* who's averaged 22 appearances over the last two L1 seasons due to injuries and keeps being hauled off after 60 minutes.

Edited by Doha
  • Like 7

It’s a good letter in as far as it goes. 
Obvious that Carol is depending on DF and for that reason he won’t be going anywhere soon.

Absolutely key therefore that whoever comes in as manager is the right call. Whether they can keep us up is going to be a close one. 

I am not a fan of DF but if he is staying then it all honestly as Carol says it will be counter productive to rally against him because if he goes I fear Carol might be really stuck with no paddle.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Would we be in a much stronger position to bounce back, yes absolutely.

Every club's fans try and console themselves with this when they're in a relegation battle. You see it on forums and twitter every season. Go down, clear out, start again. Positive positive positive. It's usually drivel, and most clubs usually get stuck in the wilderness for a few years. Make no mistake, relegation would be a disaster. Including financially. No more 5 figure gates, hello Salford and Barrow on a tuesday night.

Edited by Doha
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Carol, that is a superb letter.

Ultimately herself & Kevin own the club & they deserve our respect. As owner of the club she had every right to entrust Flitcroft with the job she bought him in to do. We are unrecognisable from when he first came to the club, nobody can deny that.

The message is loud & clear. He's here to stay, Carol's here to stay. There will be ups & downs (potentially even a relegation along the way) but ultimately we are working to improve the club over the long term. The letter rubber stamps this.

Whether you agree with her or not, you have to respect her opinion & she's right about the potential protests. Very subtly hinting that potential managers will be looking at that before they make a decision to join us. DF is no Norman. He may have appalling interpersonal skills & he might come across like a used car salesman at times with the language he spouts, but ultimately he will be doing his best for this club. Even when that's not good enough (Jan transfer window).

I hope we can come together as a fan base. We might go down. Does anybody want that to happen, absolutely not. Would we be in a much stronger position to bounce back, yes absolutely.

The journey continues. Ultimately you either come along for the ride or you don't.

We don’t have to respect or accept her decision I’m sorry! Putting that fraud before the fans it’s a joke. I fully expect the atmosphere to get worse after this letter good help them all. Take nothing away from what’s she’s done for this club I’m grateful & respectful of that but she’s allowing him to slowly destroy us. He won’t be here end of the season that’s for sure as she will have lost half the fan base by then! 

• Like 8

I'm just going to listen to Carol for now. Everything she has said is true we have come a long long way. The club needs all the support it can get. Let's get behind them. Flitcroft isn't going anywhere so I'm going to have to get behind him to.

Edited by PVFC FAN
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I respect her opinion but I don’t agree with her and have the right to express that. If it means protest to be heard, so be it. 

That letter was tone deaf. No reference to the plight of the club or dreadful product. Just a long ramble about her and Flitcroft’s achievements that included feeding people during Covid, which was 4 years ago in March! 

Go on mate! More of this 👊🏻 Looking for our 3rd manager under him in 3 years it’s not working 🙄

• Confused 1