onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

An Open Letter from Carol

1 minute ago, Hoppers said:

The thing is, at the end of the day its Carols club, she owns it - I see it that we (supporters) are customers - If I don't like the stuff on Macdonald's menu - then I don't go MacDonald's 

Doesn't really work like that in football though.  If people don't like the product they don't generally go to support other teams.  They can just drift away from the game completely though.

Advert

48 minutes ago, rob1983 said:
52 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:
Have a bit of hope. One thing go's wrong and you lot are all angry. Yes look at the negatives but non of you lot look at any positives.

Which are?..

Look at the academy system that's been put in place and is substantialy increasing the money the club has available to them. Just look at the infrastructure that has been put in place. Flitcroft has got a lot of things right but he's also got things wrong I'm not denying that. You can't deny most vale fans tend to look at only the negatives.

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

It’s not thought is it. It completely ignores all negatives and praises the bloke for failures. League 1 survival ranked below a cup run and a new pitch. 

We should come together as a fan base, to get Flitcroft out of the club. I for one will not be attending until he is gone. 

It looking likely Protesting might be the only way to get rid of Flitcroft the Fraud  at this moment in time ,mate.

42 minutes ago, Doha said:

16 hours ago

Yes it is a question is it flitcrofts fault. But we can't just deny the positives. Until we get more information I'm backing the club. Anymore mistakes or information on flitcroft might just change my opinion. I'm looking at the positives and negatives.

4 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

Look at the academy system that's been put in place and is substantialy increasing the money the club has available to them. Just look at the infrastructure that has been put in place. Flitcroft has got a lot of things right but he's also got things wrong I'm not denying that. You can't deny most vale fans tend to look at only the negatives.

The average supporter pays to watch a football match on a Saturday afternoon.   That football match is supposed to be the primary product of the club, and for most fans is their only connection to the club.    There are no positives on the pitch to speak of really.    I hope the club is making good money away from the 1st team performances, because crowds of 4000 aint going to cut it.

6 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

I fully appreciate what Carol and Kevin have done for our club, love them to bits.  The letter makes a decent read and lays out some valid points without really explaining why the squad is so poor right now which is the basic issue here.  Recruitment, overall poor since we gained promotion and only one person to blame for that.  It’s a real shame that for all the undoubted good it’s the football side that’s come unstuck.  Having thought about it I’ll stick with Carol, which means sticking with Flitcroft.  I’ll see who we appoint as manager and his staff and the impact they have on the team, hopefully with the addition of a free agent or two, although I’m not holding my breath on that one. For me supporting the team is more important right now than one individual in the club so I aim to back the team and won’t be shouting for Flitcroft’s head until we’re mathematically relegated, which I think is nailed on, at which point I’ll jump on the band wagon but not before.  This isn’t to denigrate those who wish to protest in any way.  Quite clearly the guy has shafted us but Flitcroft leaving now won’t have any impact on us staying up apart from improving the atmosphere short term.

I was pleased to see the breadth of projects Flitcroft has been involved with. It does justify his senior role existing and likely salary it carries. But the main requirement is successful football and preferably entertainment. Now on that one over the last 18 months he can't point to success. He is currently overseeing a serious failure. 

59 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

I'm sick of all this negativity. When Carol took over we were in the <ovf censored> in every aspect of the club. We have come a long long way. It's not all been for nothing yet. We should get behind the club.

Look mate , People are annoyed carol can't see Flitcroft for what he really is a fraud that's why there's loads of fans venting there spleens and understandably so 

7 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

That's up to you , but quite a few of us disagree and will make our feelings known

Saying Flitcroft is going nowhere is a massive mistake it's just going to annoy most of the fan base even more 

Carol is taking a massive gamble here.

Yes it's your choice I agree. If I was Carol though I would be looking if he has done a good job or bad job. The fan's opinions don't always matter I have to be honest. Especially when half of us think we are experts in football and think we know it all without much clear information from the club on plans. we have and idea from carols letter but I think we need more. The club needs to be more transparent in the future.

Obviously after the last cull and promotion anything is possible. 

But at this moment in time I'm failing to see a team that has the ability to bounce back. Almost back to square one.

The deeper in the mire we get and the true characters are coming out. All that is down to an abysmal recruitment. 

No bona fide wing backs yet we insist on playing that way regardless. And the much quoted 3 windows without a striker. It's shambolic and as a result we've got people including myself wishing for the liked of Benning back purely because his replacement has been an abomination. Other than Ripley and Chislett I'm struggling to name one new recruit who is better than what went before. 

That's an awful lot of money to spend "out of respect"

I strongly, strongly disagree that we are doing everything we can to stay in league one.

All that, and not one mention of the January transfer disaster. 

David Flitcroft, get out of our club.

Most telling thing is that she heard the chants last night, and instead of thinking:

“maybe the few thousand who turned up, and the thousands who didn’t, have a point here”

but 

“they’re all wrong and I’m right - I’ll tell them so tomorrow!”.

At some point there is enough noise from enough fans that you have to start questioning if they have a point. The club have a low opinion of the fan base - and it’s absolutely clear throughout this lecture. 

She hasn’t actually stopped to consider that, maybe, the fans are right. 

1 minute ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Look mate , People are annoyed carol can't see Flitcroft for what he really is a fraud that's why there's loads of fans venting there spleens and understandably so 

Ye mate you obviously haven't been keeping up with the good things he has done. You completely ignore positives and only focus on the negatives. Personally this is his last role of the dice, selecting a new manager. If the appointment is good he should stay. If its bad I think he should go. Until then I'm supporting the club.

Archived