1. 1. Should David Flitcroft go?

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, Nippy Naylor said:

We're doomed with the current set up ,

Like you say sumat doesn't feel right at the club , I smell a rat , 

I know it's the nuclear option but if carol.persists with Fraudcroft

She needs to sell up in my opinion

Cos Fraudcroft is going to take us  into oblivion  the majority of us need to keep making our voices heard and get him out of our club  , I'm  just feel so dejected at the moment, mate, UTV  .

She doesn’t need to sell up.

She needs to wake up.

It will happen and Flitcroft will get fired. Sadly it will take time to understand that she’s been controlled.

• Like 3

Advert

23 hours ago, Aguar61 said:

We are going to be the loveliest, most sincere club in league 2 next season....and a league lower the next....how can this happen with PHENOMENALLY good players....a committed and wise DOF... Oh yeah, it happens when you have owners who are well intentioned but absolutely clueless... sad to say but true....if you can't see your mate flicker for what he is you are deluded, enough voices have told you,be strong or watch this wonderful club sink like a stone...and that will be your legacy.

It is no coincidence that being nice in football gets you nowhere. Look at M̶K̶ D̶o̶n̶s̶ Wimbledon in the 80's, a nasty team, up and at 'em football. They flew through the leagues and won the cup.

14 hours ago, Davebrad said:

i've said in another post thank you Carol for saving my club from that clown, but if all above is true why the **ck did she splash out on flituck and then  let him splash out on ALL the back room hanger ons? (were they all his buddies at the other clubs he failed at)...

but ah-oh, its her money, she can throw it away how she wants, BUT ITS OUR CLUB, thats suffering.

Why are you (and a few others) so obsessed with our backroom setup? There will be few clubs operating old school, and it doesn't affect the playing budget? But it will likely be a long-term project before the various strands start to earn money for the club?  And it may be our club, in our hearts, but it's the Shanahan's money keeping it going!

32 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Why are you (and a few others) so obsessed with our backroom setup? There will be few clubs operating old school, and it doesn't affect the playing budget? But it will likely be a long-term project before the various strands start to earn money for the club?  And it may be our club, in our hearts, but it's the Shanahan's money keeping it going!

I think some people are concerned about the backroom setup because despite all the rhetoric it doesn't seem to be producing results on the pitch now. Also, money is money and can only be spent once regardless of the cost centre it is taken from. Not to mention the fact that money has been misspent on the playing side too. Just my opinion of course.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

I see Pompey have strengthened their squad today signing Lee Evan’s Welsh international midfielder freed by Ipswich this month. So there are players out there.

There are but like a lot of free agents, he hasn't played for months (last game Sept) and is recovering from injury. I suspect Pompey have added him to provide competition/depth and are not desperate for 90 mins from him. The difference with our situation is that since the window closed we've needed players who can start right away and most free agents are short of match fitness. 

It's a chicken and egg situation - if you've got a well balanced squad like Pompey you can afford to take on a free agent "chancer" to potentially boost your squad. If you've got a threadbare squad like Vale then free agents aren't really much use as most of them will need some time to get fit and by then the season is going to be nearly over. 

It's why the decision to not bring in any sort of striker (and LWB) in the window was complete madness and showed the club hasn't learnt at all from their previous transfer window failings. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, robf said:

There are but like a lot of free agents, he hasn't played for months (last game Sept) and is recovering from injury. I suspect Pompey have added him to provide competition/depth and are not desperate for 90 mins from him. The difference with our situation is that since the window closed we've needed players who can start right away and most free agents are short of match fitness. 

It's a chicken and egg situation - if you've got a well balanced squad like Pompey you can afford to take on a free agent "chancer" to potentially boost your squad. If you've got a threadbare squad like Vale then free agents aren't really much use as most of them will need some time to get fit and by then the season is going to be nearly over. 

It's why the decision to not bring in any sort of striker (and LWB) in the window was complete madness and showed the club hasn't learnt at all from their previous transfer window failings. 

At this point we should have rolled the dice on anyone. It’s been a month. If we signed someone a week after the window shut they’d be coming off the bench by now and not far from a start.

Whatever they cost, relegation will cost substantially more. An unfit forward is better than the options we currently have.

Again, the DoF seems to be trying to outsmart the market without just accepting we’re in a mess and taking the hit. A forward should have been here weeks ago. Anyone. 

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 4

It seems we’re still deep in ‘process-mode’. Every signing has to be at a value, outsmarting everyone else to fit the ‘tactical, physical, technical, and psychological profile”. It has to be data-driven and a chance for the DoF to be the smartest in the room.

We seem to have had someone in and decided not to sign them. 

Sometimes, all that needs to go and you just bring a body in for an inflated wage and a survival bonus. Someone the manager knows, or someone that comes recommended.

This obsession with refusing to pay market value, in finding undervalued gems misses the point that often you just need the obvious best fit and the inflated price they command. Not every signing has to be a Garrity or a Hall. Often, you just need Lee Hughes, Darren Purse, even a Chris Eagles. 

The obsession with doing things in this process-way is likely going to cost us a place in this league. I genuinely think 10 randomly selected OVF posters would be doing a better job.

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 9

6 hours ago, LancyTony said:

we are a recent arrived first div. club, we haven't got a billion-air owner - to bankroll us, and we are top heavy in back room staff, hence being championship ready but we are only first div. and now struggling to stay in the first div. As for flitcroft and his staff monitoring players they might be but where are these players? we've needed players to improve our team in 3 windows, there was the lone players who did well for us but had to go back, as RZ's said there's only so much money in the pot its not going on players, its not going on the ground ie the toilets in the Railway paddock 3 months of porta loo's up to date  really? Hamill's toilets the other week a leak, closed for a match... but we are championship ready and the back-room staff are in place, all ready for the second div.

• Like 1

6 points adrift!!! We have no hope we wont get another win this season never mind staying up 😂😂😂😂i sit here in utter disbelief at what im watching this. This team is genuinely non league. I dont want to lay into them as its really not there fault but the fact that sharrock and dipepa are playing in our fight for survival really shows the negligence and utter incompetence in our dof and carol. They have allowed this to happen. Delusional about it all . Its not in our vocabulary. Everything is fine!! They gave up in January! Its laughable honestly. Not a single decent signing in jan. No players brought in for the positions we were desperate for. I cannot believe it. All the constant hard work by flickers and recruitment and this is what they came up with???

• Like 4