David Flitcroft Out

Flitcroft out?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should David Flitcroft go?

• Yes
    • No

Advert

19 hours ago, Brown Edge Normski said:

Over many years I have worked with them and for them. Talk the talk, but can't walk the walk. I called them bullshitters. Parasites on the company. I am of the old school, a manager should go and find his own players. This DOF has never sat well with me. Perhaps I am a dinosaur. Due to health issues I have not attended a game since Wembley. I don't think I've missed much!

Spoke to Rudgie a while ago and he said he used to travel and travel to see players in action. He said everyone these days watches videos of potential signings and even when at Stoke and being asked to watch videos of players he insisted on seeing players in the flesh to see what they were doing off the ball and see what their character was like.

Strangely I have just reached the chapter in his excellent book titled 'Managing to Survive' where he is talking about formations and tactics. I would heartily suggest Mr Flitcroft reads pages 211-213 it's enlightening. His core formation was 4-4-2 'an attractive way to play' 'I liked to put the onus more on the players themselves, instead of using robots, giving the player in possession the choice of which ball was on. The better the player, the more freedom you can give him'

How much 'freedom to play' are our players given these days. None they are like bloody robots particularly under Flitcroft's tippy-tappy at the back 3-5-2.

P.s. if you haven't got the book it's a great read and I am sure the 'statue fund' team would be most appreciative as the £100K target is in sight of being reached.

Edited by andy jones
  • Like 2

If Flitcroft had taken the team on Tuesday, we'd played the same and lost 0-1, even that would have started to mellow the fans a little bit. It shows we're united, he was prepared to step up and even though it failed he's doing everything he can. He left the academy manager to manage the first team with 24 hours notice, despite being a seasoned league manager. Thousands of words in an open letter, that single act writes many more. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Spoke to Rudgie a while ago and he said he used to travel and travel to see players in action. He said everyone these days watches videos of potential signings and even when at Stoke and being asked to watch videos of players he insisted on seeing players in the flesh to see what they were doing off the ball and see what their character was like.

Strangely I have just reached the chapter in his excellent book titled 'Managing to Survive' where he is talking about formations and tactics. I would heartily suggest Mr Flitcroft reads pages 211-213 it's enlightening. His core formation was 4-4-2 'an attractive way to play' 'I liked to put the onus more on the players themselves, instead of using robots, giving the player in possession the choice of which ball was on. The better the player, the more freedom you can give him'

How much 'freedom to play' are our players given these days. None they are like bloody robots particularly under Flitcroft's tippy-tappy at the back 3-5-2.

P.s. if you haven't got the book it's a great read and I am sure the 'statue fund' team would be most appreciative as the £100K target is in sight of being reached.

Read it over two days just after Christmas. Fascinating read. 

22 hours ago, Hoppers said:

No DF fan, but at the end of the day, if there is no funding, how is he supposed to pull rabbits out of the hat during transfer windows. 

It would be better if the club announced there is no money available, at least we would all know where we stand.

I wonder why there’s money?Paying off coaching staff do you think?

Time to do the fence again?😉

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Vtid said:

He mays well be the owner! Absolutely running the show! Not clouding my judgement mate. Loud & proud everyone Saturday ‘ Flitcroft out! ‘

Maybe he should put some money into the club.Being as he’s here for the duration.

• Like 2

Can anyone confirm that Dave Flitcroft was actually at Vale Park on Tuesday - maybe (just maybe) he was elsewhere scouting or indeed trying to sign a free transfer striker - who knows.

And whilst I'm at it, although I agree totally that the first team must come first, the infrastucture of the stadium has to meet certain standards for league one football and therefore, however much we may think otherwise, funds have to be made available to upkeep what we all know is a crumbling gigantic wreck of a stadium. 

26 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Can anyone confirm that Dave Flitcroft was actually at Vale Park on Tuesday - maybe (just maybe) he was elsewhere scouting or indeed trying to sign a free transfer striker - who knows.

And whilst I'm at it, although I agree totally that the first team must come first, the infrastucture of the stadium has to meet certain standards for league one football and therefore, however much we may think otherwise, funds have to be made available to upkeep what we all know is a crumbling gigantic wreck of a stadium. 

The same guy was chasing Ryan Loft for 18 months! I wouldn't hold your breath mate 

• Haha 4

On 07/02/2024 at 14:01, Hoppers said:

No DF fan, but at the end of the day, if there is no funding, how is he supposed to pull rabbits out of the hat during transfer windows. 

It would be better if the club announced there is no money available, at least we would all know where we stand.

I think there is money Hoppers, but they've earmarked for other projects such as the training hub and facilities

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1