onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

Advert

8 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Really? You’ve wanted him out after 4 months!. Exactly what I meant, hope Moore is given more of a chance than Crosby was by some.

Come on , relegation was nailed on if Crosby had stayed until the end of the season.The club had to act  to stop the rot .

9 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Really? You’ve wanted him out after 4 months!. Exactly what I meant, hope Moore is given more of a chance than Crosby was by some.

To be honest I never wanted AC in the first place. I said when he was announced I couldn’t see him lasting till Xmas. I wanted him out because I could clearly see he wasn’t good enough & that’s what’s best for the club 

Oh dear! Two short sentences and you could not be more wrong, if you tried! hahaha
How do you know it's wrong? You know his wage structure? Please let us know how much he's on if you do.

Nice to see you're back anyway, club released your payment and latest set of posts along with the Moore announcement?

9 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

I wouldn't trust any private company from the UK to undergo work for fraud. 

No wonder the wealthier 1% own 230 times more wealth than the poorest 10% 

Yeah - plus they may work 80 hours / week; take out second / third mortgages on their homes and sell off belongings to fund their initial business? Oh...and do without the holidays to Benidorm, and the vapes and the booze?

9 hours ago, WV said:

Want more wealth? Work harder. Be innovative and think outside the box. Or be skilled at something. All of the above takes hard work. Apply yourself rather than being jealous of those that have. 

Well said! 

8 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

I'm.guessing I could be wide of the mark and probably am 

I'd ask the 3000 who no longer go over the years mesen maybe they come back then 

No problem, DI - most people on here speak for everyone else!

On 09/02/2024 at 12:25, Pheonix Vale said:

We Will Have To Say "The Vale Pitch is Unplayable, because of the flooding," to Postpone the Match, Until Our New Manager;  ' Pep Guardiola ' has a look at the  Players in the Squad ?  

Sorry! I Got The Manager Wrong But My Scheme Worked ! - " We Will Have To Say "The Peterboro Pitch is Unplayable, because of the flooding, to Postpone the Match, Until Our New Manager; 'Darren Moore' has a look at the  Players in the Squad ? " 

12 minutes ago, Vtid said:

To be honest I never wanted AC in the first place. I said when he was announced I couldn’t see him lasting till Xmas. I wanted him out because I could clearly see he wasn’t good enough & that’s what’s best for the club 

Agreed, I never felt he was anything but a fingers crossed and hopeful kind of appointment....

56 minutes ago, i vale said:

If Vale had spent the money on a decent striker like virtually every other club even Crosby would have had a real chance of keeping us in league one. 

Vale have paid off Clarke and Crosby and brought in a not cheap manager in Moore. Some of that money should have been earmarked for a decent striker.   Moore obviously has  a  lot of experience but he’s not going to do much without strikers

And I thought I was a pessimist...do one!

One thing I would say, what a turning point for our club appointing our first black manager. Considering the awful media we got when Smurf said he was too scared to appoint Hasselbank because of "our racist fans". It's a testiment to the turnaround in reputation we've had in the last 4 years under Carol.

Please vale fans, no cringy massey style songs about his cock size.

Still sat here in disbelief if I’m honest, I am awake & we’ve just appointed Darren Moore as our new gaffer right 🤔 Happy as Larry tonight goodnight Valiants 💪🏻💙

#teamslikeportvale

On 09/02/2024 at 12:25, Pheonix Vale said:

We Will Have To Say "The Vale Pitch is Unplayable, because of the flooding," to Postpone the Match, Until Our New Manager;  ' Pep Guardiola ' has a look at the  Players in the Squad ?

--------------------------------------------

Today2/13/2024

Sorry! I Got The Manager & the Pitch Wrong, But My Scheme Worked ! - " We Will Have To Say "The Peterboro Pitch is Unplayable, because of the flooding, to Postpone the Match, Until Our New Manager; 'Darren Moore' has a look at the  Players in the Squad ? " 

Huddersfield Town fan in peace.

First thought is to wish you good luck (whilst trying to refrain from telling you that you'll need it!).

He was a bizarre appointment for us. A perfect poop storm and he was on to a loser from the start.

1) He was following the immensely popular Neil Warnock. The guy after the guy.

2) Warnock was in place to give us the opportunity to get someone brilliant. Even the most pessimistic Town fans expected someone at least slightly exciting when we ditched Neil so early.

3) Weak, unbalanced squad. There's no getting away from it - he was dealt a poor hand.

There's also the fan culture at Huddersfield doesn't really fit Darren Moore. 

1) We tend to take to charismatic managers. Big characters that will unite the fan base and bring a one club mentality. Moore is by all accounts a thoroughly lovely man, but inspirational? Charismatic? No.

2) We like full throttle attacking football. We like to see our team play without fear, regardless of who we're against (much of our fan base left the 5-3 defeat at Southampton pretty upbeat). Darren Moore's footballing instincts are the absolute opposite of that.

Positives?

1) He is apparently brilliant at building team spirit. I say "apparently" because it was already good when he arrived and that just carried on. He didn't build it, but it didn't fall apart on his watch either. The players were playing for him (although one of our players was really quite scathing of him in an interview since his departure!).

2) Defensively we weren't bad most of the time (although when we were bad, we were truly awful).

Negatives?

1) Good grief, the football is dull. Made the stuff we played under the Cowley brothers seem like Barcelona side of 15 years ago by comparison! I could be charitable and describe his football as "cautious" but it would be closer to the truth to describe it as timid. A cautious approach when playing against Man City in the cup is understandable. Against sides in absolute freefall you'd hope for a little more. If you expect attacking football under Moore you're in for disappointment. Half a season with us and I still don't know what his attacking philosophy is, because we never saw it. 

2) Game management is awful. Will not change things when you're getting battered, or when the scores are level and the opponent is there for the taking (back to the ultra-cautious approach). Known to make defensive subs when chasing an equaliser. I genuinely think he has no idea how to react to what's happening in-game.

In short, he was dealt a bad hand here, but he did not play it well. And whilst I thought he was poor here (even with a lot of draws, 3 wins in 23 is difficult to defend), given the squad he had, you might have expected another half dozen points or so. He was poor, but I think most Town fans overstate how bad he was here.

Meanwhile I suspect the bookies of Huddersfield are inundated with people betting on you guys for the drop. I just hope your former loanee Kian Harratt resists the temptation this time!

Archived