onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

24 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Moore was sacked after only four games at Huddersfield this season. 1.78 points per match over a period of 129 matches at Sheff Wed.

Less points per game at Huddesfield (0.78) over 23 matches

Contrast both these records with Ainsworth.  Look cheap get cheap end up cheap.

Darren Moore a cheap option? Hahaha give over! What you on about he had 23 games in charge of Huddersfield so he wasn’t sacked after 4 games. Huddersfield have had 12 managers in the last 5 years work that one out 👍🏻 At Sheffield Wednesday he broke 4 records last season & overall has a 51% win ratio with them which is 2nd best in the clubs history! I’d say anything above 40% win ratio for a manager is more than decent. As much as I love Ainsworth & would be more than happy with him, Moore is by far a better candidate & by no means is he a cheap option. Ainsworth also struggled in his last job with a 20% win ratio which isn’t very good, out of the pair he would be the cheaper option but for me neither is a cheap manager & would cost a bit either way 

Advert

11 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Darren Moore a cheap option? Hahaha give over! What you on about he had 23 games in charge of Huddersfield so he wasn’t sacked after 4 games. Huddersfield have had 12 managers in the last 5 years work that one out 👍🏻 At Sheffield Wednesday he broke 4 records last season & overall has a 51% win ratio with them which is 2nd best in the clubs history! I’d say anything above 40% win ratio for a manager is more than decent. As much as I love Ainsworth & would be more than happy with him, Moore is by far a better candidate & by no means is he a cheap option. 

Moore was sacked by both clubs.

Actually, Moore was sacked four games into the new season...a lot less than Crosby was given.

Just looked up the record with Sheff wed. He was that amazing though they sacked him. I don't think many people will complain if Moore gets the job based with the Wednesday record but 3 wins from 23 at Huddersfield regardless of the other manager records there is concerning.

If you have a bad record at the last job but say to your prospective employer 'Well I did alright before there though' do you think that candidate would necessarily get the job?

12 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Darren Moore a cheap option? Hahaha give over! What you on about he had 23 games in charge of Huddersfield so he wasn’t sacked after 4 games. Huddersfield have had 12 managers in the last 5 years work that one out 👍🏻 At Sheffield Wednesday he broke 4 records last season & overall has a 51% win ratio with them which is 2nd best in the clubs history! I’d say anything above 40% win ratio for a manager is more than decent. As much as I love Ainsworth & would be more than happy with him, Moore is by far a better candidate & by no means is he a cheap option. Ainsworth also struggled in his last job with a 20% win ratio which isn’t very good, out of the pair he would be the cheaper option but for me neither is a cheap manager & would cost a bit either way 

Certainly isn't a cheap option. Taking a club like Sheffield Wednesday up from League One with their budget isn't the hardest thing to do though, although we could do worse.

7 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Actually, Moore was sacked four games into the new season...a lot less than Crosby was given.

Just looked up the record with Sheff wed. He was that amazing though they sacked him. I don't think many people will complain if Moore gets the job based with the Wednesday record but 3 wins from 23 at Huddersfield regardless of the other manager records there is concerning.

If you have a bad record at the last job but say to your prospective employer 'Well I did alright before there though' do you think that candidate would necessarily get the job?

There was a disagreement around contract issues at Wednesday hence why he left. He could hardly do any better than a promotion. Huddersfield is a tough job for any manager they’ve been in decline for a few years now. It’s the only job he has struggled in, he’s managed in the premier league. Not many better candidates out there right now especially for vale! He was sacked last month after 4 months in charge of Huddersfield not sure where your getting these 4 games from 🤔 He didn’t actually get sacked from Wednesday it was a mutual agreement so in fact he walked away as wanted more money in regards to wages etc let’s go for ainsworth then who DID get sacked from his last job hey! And no they would look at their whole manager career which I’ve already stated moore is by far more superior than Gareth’s 

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Certainly isn't a cheap option. Taking a club like Sheffield Wednesday up from League One with their budget isn't the hardest thing to do though, although we could do worse.

People haven’t got a clue! Far from cheap if we get Moore! He will cost a bit that’s for sure, fair point regarding Wednesday they were expected to do well but it’s still has to be achieved either way 

9 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Put it this way. After we sacked Dazzler last year and wanted a new manager. Do you think we could have poached Darren Moore from 3rd placed Sheff Wednesday? You and every football fan in the country would laugh their head off for us even trying.

Now we might be able to get him after his stock has dropped at Huddersfield. Just 12 months ago he was one of the best managers in the league and now some Vale fans are questioning if it'd be a good appointment.

If we can get Moore, even I will give the DOF a lot of credit for pulling it off.

2 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

Put it this way. After we sacked Dazzler last year and wanted a new manager. Do you think we could have poached Darren Moore from 3rd placed Sheff Wednesday? You and every football fan in the country would laugh their head off for us even trying.

Now we might be able to get him after his stock has dropped at Huddersfield. Just 12 months ago he was one of the best managers in the league and now some Vale fans are questioning if it'd be a good appointment.

If we can get Moore, even I will give the DOF a lot of credit for pulling it off.

my mate is a Sheffield Wednesday fan and he said he left under mutual agreement 

Some strange comments about Darren Moore. Like every experienced manager in the EFL he’s had at least 1 job where it didn’t work out. Absolutely was the case at Huddersfield but he resigned from Wednesday after promotion. He was not sacked and  Wednesday paid compensation to Doncaster for his services. Look how much Doncaster have struggled after he left.

The important thing in our situation is he’s a manager with experience which we need. From my perspective the clamour for him is because the other candidates linked are all in the same mould as Crosby. 

My only concern with Moore is if he’s had enough time to reset after the Huddersfield sacking. I think it was only 3 weeks ago but I guess time will tell if he’s appointed.

Quite a few teams below and around us have benefited from a new manager bounce. Hopefully we get the same reaction.

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

At Vale Moore wouldn’t have the best midfielder in League One on £20k a week. 

So who do you suggest we go for? As none of them will be able to bring their star player from their last job with them 😭😭😭

5 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

Bonkers mate 🤦‍♂️ 

Archived