onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:

Sorry guys I've been away for a few days and can't be arsed reading through everything.

Can someone tell me, is there any concrete evidence that going to be Kennedy or is everyone just putting two and two together with him being at the stadium and the odds moving?

You can prove anything with stats. 8 out of 10 people know that.

Advert

1 hour ago, wotsyobeef said:

I think people need to be careful who they are rejecting. I think we are a very unappealing prospect for a manager at the moment. The most unbalanced squad I think we have ever had. I can't see where the next goal will come from let alone win.
I have a horrible feeling in my gut that we are going to end up with Westley after everyone we approach says no.

You forgot to mention,

we have championship

ready facilities though

Whilst we're in the mire, I think we're a very easy win for a competent manager. 

Keep us broadly competitive till mid-March when Clark, Garrity, Gore, and Plant are fit, and suddenly we look a different team and we probably stay up comfortably.  After our next two games, our run isn't particularly tricky.

The defensive structure needs tightening and we probably need to roll the dice on a free agent forward, simply for numbers, but we're a reasonable level of competence away from surviving.

I'm still of the view that Bonner is the best bet: safe enough in the short-term, with some upside, whilst being realistic. Experience of relegation battles.

2 hours ago, Doha said:

On records we'd have been significantly better off staying with Crosby.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.b60ec3305677ddae166652a10568bc43.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg.b8ca4496d1688685464d08c7e0e19b48.jpg

Not saying I’d like Kennedy as our manager/head coach (title is semantics to me when there’s a DoF on the scene) but I’d rather compare L1 records seeing as that’s the division we’re in. As I posted earlier the Lincoln fan I know and the fans he knows say they were happy with him and were hoping their Summer signings would turn some of their 20 draws from last season into wins this season  - at least enough to push them into the playoffs. He went on to reminisce about not losing against any of the teams that got promoted last year and beating Ipswich at Ipswich……🥱

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

They said his football was boring,sets up not to lose and packs midfield hence lack of goals i guess,so dont expect fast attacking football with goals....... they could be taking a big risk when it comes to selling season tickets

I think there is also a narrative in that he got them defensively solid, signed some better strikers but they all got injured.

So didn't have much luck trying to evolve the style of play.

I'm not as instinctively opposed as everyone else, but think there's better options.

He finished 11th with the 5th least goals conceded in the league. Very hard to beat. He'd probably immediately tighten things up, though scoring would persist as an issue.

He was sacked this season before the league settled - seemingly not purely for results. Injuries absolutely killed them after a good start.

He is very 'processy' and I think played 352, so fits the Flitcroft model (which is probably a bad thing).

I don't think we go down under Kennedy, personally.

25 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Whilst we're in the mire, I think we're a very easy win for a competent manager. 

Keep us broadly competitive till mid-March when Clark, Garrity, Gore, and Plant are fit, and suddenly we look a different team and we probably stay up comfortably.  After our next two games, our run isn't particularly tricky.

The defensive structure needs tightening and we probably need to roll the dice on a free agent forward, simply for numbers, but we're a reasonable level of competence away from surviving.

I'm still of the view that Bonner is the best bet: safe enough in the short-term, with some upside, whilst being realistic. Experience of relegation battles.

Mate we’ve lost x4 times to bottom of the league this season it doesn’t really matter who we play

4 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

I'm not as instinctively opposed as everyone else, but think there's better options.

He finished 11th with the 5th least goals conceded in the league. Very hard to beat. He'd probably immediately tighten things up, though scoring would persist as an issue.

He was sacked this season before the league settled - seemingly not purely for results. Injuries absolutely killed them after a good start.

He is very 'processy' and I think played 352, so fits the Flitcroft model (which is probably a bad thing).

I don't think we go down under Kennedy, personally.

I disagree. We’re down if we don’t get someone with actual experience rather than a 12 games stint at Macclesfield town & one other job at Lincoln. To top it off he’s another coach 

I mean regardless of if your happy with whoever is appointed or not we need to back him any frustration falls at the dofs door. 
realistically were not goinf to get anyone who would be us fans top pick. Id like to see no negativity towards the new manager

3 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

I mean regardless of if your happy with whoever is appointed or not we need to back him any frustration falls at the dofs door. 
realistically were not goinf to get anyone who would be us fans top pick. Id like to see no negativity towards the new manager

I think that’s why the character of the new manager is also so important, it needs to be someone who will understand the fans and have that connection with the fans, this is exactly what the likes of Darrell Clarke & Mickey Adams brought to the table, what we don’t need in our current position is another Jim Gannon scenario or a dull as dishwater bloke or just another mouthpiece/Flitcroft clone.

Archived