Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

Advert

34 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

Popey says Richard Duffy .

Could he do any worse .

Even with our circuses of the past 15 to 20 years that would rank as one of the most bat s**t crazy ideas ever .

Again an obsession with ex players. To be fair they are 7 points clear of Lichfield. 

I'm in.

1 hour ago, robf said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned before (not read the entire thread) but the Lincoln statement about Kennedy's sacking indicates he wasn't doing well enough in promoting talent and style of play. In other words, failing at the two things that the Vale have as their long-term plans. 

So, I think it's one thing for an out of work manager to see a game before he presumably applies. It's quite another for that former manager to fit the club's current requirements and his application be successful.

It's Carol's Vale..you need not apply for any job...just turn up..do a PowerPoint and you can be Head of PVFC Worldwide Operations  if you sell it right

26 minutes ago, Vale Ball said:

We ain't got the basis of a side now, half good defenders, half good midfield, half good forwards and all they need is motivating and organising the team is bust the new guy has got nowt to work with.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

I think we need a Micky Adams type Manager who would take no prisoners and tell it how it is and give the players a kick up the arse cos that's what's need at the moment 

3 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

I think we need a Micky Adams type Manager who would take no prisoners and tell it how it is and give the players a kick up the arse cos that's what's need at the moment 

Exactly what we need but we won’t get it because DF won’t employ somebody who will open their mouth and go against his “ethos”

17 hours ago, CambridgeDon said:

Yep, Bonner has no breadth of experience, essentially one team man, and in the end couldn't hack it in L1...Wiki sums it up for me:

On 14 September 2023, Bonner signed a new "long term" contract with the club.

On 29 November 2023, Bonner was sacked with the club sitting in 18th position, four points above the relegation zone. A 3–0 defeat to Lincoln City was the club's third defeat in a row, and they had picked up just one win in the previous thirteen league matches at the time of his departure.    

And in the end, he lost the fans, even with a 38% win ratio

Bonner did OK at CUFC when he had the safety net of Paul Mullin's free-scoring exploits, in essence masking his inadequacies. As soon as Mullin left for Hollywood, Wales, he was found out very quickly and was replaced.

Maybe a premier league club will send us a young up and coming coach on loan that we can use as manager and in the process prove we are a welcoming environment for the next time in February we sack our manager.

3 minutes ago, Alan Baker said:

John Coleman versus Flitcroft would be interesting. He woud be too shi*-scared to appoint him.

Carol likes John I think Alan? The wheels have well and truly come off at Port Vale this time. Wouldn't surprise me if Carol is looking for out. Either way there is no way on earth that DF survives what has been basically a waste of time and money in regards to the playing side of the business. I smelt a rat a long time ago but it was not 'fashionable' to go against the 'spin' of the new-age process and DF.

Archived