onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (A) match thread - 20th Feb

geoff1

15 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:

Phil do you think he just went with the norm yesterday just to see where we are at with them? Especially as he'd only had 2 days with them.
I hope this is the case. Mind you the subs weren't great tbh neither were adjusting in game tactics to counter Cheltenham as they grew and grew into the game.
Surely he must of watched Cheltenham on Tuesday to see what they were about and how they set up, play etc. It was pretty much copy and paste from DC yesterday.
So all in all yesterday left me pretty confused, manager wise tbf

I think DM went as instructed yesterday unfortunately, well, I hope so. Yesterday along with Fleetwood were must win games, and we walk away with zero points, because of these results I think we will go down. I reserve judgement on Moore, if he keeps us up then he has done a very good job but personally I would have rather Crosby stay to the end of the season but given a decent striker to get the job done, I don’t think Moore will keep us up with the strike force we have.

• Like 2

Advert

1 minute ago, philpvfc said:

I think DM went as instructed yesterday unfortunately, well, I hope so. Yesterday along with Fleetwood were must win games, and we walk away with zero points, because of these results I think we will go down. I reserve judgement on Moore, if he keeps us up then he has done a very good job but personally I would have rather Crosby stay to the end of the season but given a decent striker to get the job done, I don’t think Moore will keep us up with the strike force we have.

I personally feel that the new manager was appointed with a view to relegation, which now seems very likely but it will be important that Moore has a hand in identifying the signings; get rid of loft, who I feel is one of the worst strikers I have ever seen at the club and get rid of jones and massy who rarely has a good game and jones is dreadful but I fear Flitcroft will dictate the signings and his record in my own view is unacceptable and below standards expected of the club; we need thre or four wins I we don’t look like getting one; be realistic and keep you fingers crossed

3 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

They weren’t must win games, they were mustn’t lose games.  Take a point, keep the goal difference static and most importantly keep our relegation rivals behind us.

Crosby had to go, he’d been given more than a fair amount of time.  The debacle at Fleetwood was the final nail.  Moore has inherited a terrible hand but you can’t argue that the situation wasn’t obvious to him, obviously indicating that he’s got the job next season chance whatever the outcome this.  He’s been left shopping in the free agent market so unless someone can pull a rabbit out of the hat we’re still in the same mess.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:

Phil do you think he just went with the norm yesterday just to see where we are at with them? Especially as he'd only had 2 days with them.
I hope this is the case. Mind you the subs weren't great tbh neither were adjusting in game tactics to counter Cheltenham as they grew and grew into the game.
Surely he must of watched Cheltenham on Tuesday to see what they were about and how they set up, play etc. It was pretty much copy and paste from DC yesterday.
So all in all yesterday left me pretty confused, manager wise tbf

Thought it was slightly cocky to take Ojo off when we went 2-1 up myself. Bizarre decision we were never going to see that game out. We aren’t capable of holding onto a lead the season so far has shown us that 

• Like 1

• robf changed the title to Reading (A) match thread - 20th Feb
11 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Thought it was slightly cocky to take Ojo off when we went 2-1 up myself. Bizarre decision we were never going to see that game out. We aren’t capable of holding onto a lead the season so far has shown us that 

Sports Science strikes yet again. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, gavcradd said:

Sports Science strikes yet again. 

Not sure if it’s that or just thought he could see the game out & save ojos legs for Tuesday. He has not long returned from injury & by far our most important midfielder at present. In a game we couldn’t really afford to lose he had to stay on the pitch for me. So yeah maybe your right only the gaffer will know for sure 

12 minutes ago, davehartshill said:

We will lead 1-0 or 2-1 but ultimately still lose the game. 

We are moving into “must win” territory and our record against teams around us is AWFUL. 

It's not much better against the top teams!

0 from 12 against Pompey and Barnsley, lost to Posh and Bolton.  

• Like 1

Ripley

Jesse      Smith       Lopata      Yak

Sang     Ojo    Walters 

Chislet              Mighten

Loft

How I’d line up but can’t see anything like this to be honest. It’ll be the same 💩 different bucket! 

Edited by Vtid

2 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Plenty of time to organise. Tactics and team selection were crap yesterday, if he’s as good as so many rave on here he will see where we were wrong yesterday and rectify it. Whether we are good enough is another matter.

Regarding team selection what would you have picked? I can't see realistically any major changes who else can come in other than Sang/Weir/Debrah. I probably would have started Sang but can't really say the pool of choice is that great at the moment. 

2 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Plenty of time to organise. Tactics and team selection were crap yesterday, if he’s as good as so many rave on here he will see where we were wrong yesterday and rectify it. Whether we are good enough is another matter.

Thing is, he isn't anywhere near as good and lord knows what anyone is raving about. Still he may get you three wins in the next 20 games, only five years left by then. Enjoy.

If we play like we did yesterday then we will lose something like 3 nil. I can't see many people wanting to travel up and down the country watching this tripe, so luckily hardly anybody will be there to see this loss. I'd go with the following team but even playing this side we will lose but at least keep it to 1 nil and not 3 or 4 nil.

Ripley 

Sang lapota Jones debrah grant 

Ojo Walters 

Mighten chislett 

Wilson 

10 minutes ago, Rubicon said:

Thing is, he isn't anywhere near as good and lord knows what anyone is raving about. Still he may get you three wins in the next 20 games, only five years left by then. Enjoy.

Imagine spending your sunday registering on another club's forum solely to criticise an ex-manager; Does he really live in your head rent free to that extent?

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Rubicon said:

Until you & your mate came on here, I had no problem with Huddersfield Town FC.

Even though you are are nothing club, I use to enjoy our away days at Huddersfield but no disrespect, I hope you get relegated this season

• Like 2
  • Haha 3