onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Leyton Orient (H) match thread 6th Feb

Fosse69

If we’re looking at Kennedy we deserve everything we get! 8 months In the national league with Macclesfield town & a 12 months stint at Lincoln does not tick the boxes I’m afraid 

Advert

Comprehensively outplayed. Orient are a good side. They move the ball quickly and retain possession. They defend their goal well. Without Ripley they could have won 4 or 5. 

I get the Flitcroft criticism now. Our midfield has been decimated. We can't keep the ball going forward. Very noticeably tonight is we lost all the tackles and one on one situations. Wilson was very ineffective. The young players given contracts recently are not as ready as I thought. 

We are going to need to find a way with what we've got. Still not far to be out of trouble, but we definitely have significant problems. 

The management team tonight were on a hiding to nothing against a much stronger team. I think we may be able to sort defence. But need a lot more in midfield.

Loft did OK tonight. He is OK back to opposition goal and defending from the front. He and also Shorrock should have done better with good chances. Wilson was a passenger. To be fair he will make many pointless runs if we can't get the ball to him. 

Let's hope the new manager is good at working fifth bottom. 

Clueless absolutely clueless. Subs were tactically dreadful.

How is Jensen Weir playing in CM ahead of Sang? Weir wouldn’t get into any other L1 team. No wonder Blackpool sent him away. 

Why are we still persisting with 3 CB’s?

Why don’t our players put a tackle in?

I could go on and on but bottom line the squad is <ovf censored> thanks to  Fraudcroft

Back to back hopeless performances and defeats. In the bottom 4 and lost to the 3 teams below us. We can’t keep a clean sheet and we don’t look like we will ever score a goal. Can you say relegation Fraudcroft?

Hopefully this is as bad as it gets and a new manager is installed ready for Thursday’s training. It takes a brave manager to come in and turn this <ovf censored> show around. 

Sincerely hope Mark Kennedy, who was spotted in the Lorne Street is not the man we are going to turn to. That would tell  me we have no money whatsoever and we might as well turn the lights off.

1 minute ago, Warren said:

Comprehensively outplayed. Orient are a good side. They move the ball quickly and retain possession. They defend their goal well. Without Ripley they could have won 4 or 5. 

I get the Flitcroft criticism now. Our midfield has been decimated. We can't keep the ball going forward. Very noticeably tonight is we lost all the tackles and one on one situations. Wilson was very ineffective. The young players given contracts recently are not as ready as I thought. 

We are going to need to find a way with what we've got. Still not far to be out of trouble, but we definitely have significant problems. 

The management team tonight were on a hiding to nothing against a much stronger team. I think we may be able to sort defence. But need a lot more in midfield.

Loft did OK tonight. He is OK back to opposition goal and defending from the front. He and also Shorrock should have done better with good chances. Wilson was a passenger. To be fair we will make many pointless runs if we can't get the ball to him. 

Let's hope the new manager is good at working fifth bottom. 

Loft did ok tonight? Hahahahaha you don’t half chat some gash mate! 😭😭😭

1 minute ago, MBE said:

Clueless absolutely clueless. Subs were tactically dreadful.

How is Jensen Weir playing in CM ahead of Sang? Weir wouldn’t get into any other L1 team. No wonder Blackpool sent him away. 

Why are we still persisting with 3 CB’s?

Why don’t our players put a tackle in?

I could go on and on but bottom line the squad is <ovf censored> thanks to  Fraudcroft

Back to back hopeless performances and defeats. In the bottom 4 and lost to the 3 teams below us. We can’t keep a clean sheet and we don’t look like we will ever score a goal. Can you say relegation Fraudcroft?

Hopefully this is as bad as it gets and a new manager is installed ready for Thursday’s training. It takes a brave manager to come in and turn this <ovf censored> show around. 

Sincerely hope Mark Kennedy, who was spotted in the Lorne Street is but the man we are going to turn to. That would tell  me we have no money whatsoever and we might as well turn the lights off.

Is not you mean? 😅

11 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Carol Shanahan has got a really important decision here.

I imagine she was sat in the directors box, or at least watching at home, staring out across a 3/4 empty Vale Park. Sub 4,000 fans, sat mute in a funeral atmosphere. An absolutely spineless, insipid, soulless performance, led by a poor bloke who woke up this morning expecting a day of coaching teenagers before being chucked into League 1 football. Fans going to the toilet in portaloos. Hospitality full of uneaten canapes (probably).

That was void of anything. Soul-destroying to watch. Not a crumb of anything positive. A club cascading rapidly towards relegation, an improving Fleetwood and Cheltenham below, Reading only around us by virtue of a points deduction. We are, categorically, the worst team in League 1. 11 wins in 50. No forwards. No leaders. Nowt.

Carol can continue to delegate all decision-making to the architect of this mess. A bloke without any prior experience in the job he's currently in. A bloke who spends more time talking about campuses and zones than he does assembling a competent 3rd tier team. A bloke who pinned everything on the anointment of Andy Crosby despite a lot of fans pointing out is was probably a bad idea.

She can let this bloke persist with this insane, damaging concept that we can play top-tier football on a poor 3rd tier budget, and appoint someone else to play insipid possession football. Let him continue to prioritise shiny new things to cover up the crumbling edifice behind. A lovely scoreboard in front of a condemned stand. 

Or, she can take control of the situation. She is abrogating responsibility at the minute, and it's killing everything she's built. If we go down, her tenure is around as successful as Bratt's, with better morals and intentions. A promotion and relegation from the 4th tier in 5 years isn't even close to successful. If she doesn't have the funds to put this right, then she has to sell up.

I trust Carol, and I know some have lost that. She genuinely means well. She's, again, been far too trusting of someone not up to the job. She's got about a week to save her legacy, here. A good appointment, and a lot of this goes away. A poor appointment, and we're back to square one, just £5m in debt to the Shanahan family.

Carol, I know Hancock reads this forum on your behalf. Get a grip, for your own sake, or this has all been for naught. Swindon, Wembley. A complete and utter waste of energy. Put it right. Make some clear decisions. Invest the money. We can't let the past 5 years be thrown away like this. 

Feel a bit sick.

Summed up perfectly

Archived