onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Amidst the gloom.....

smithie

I don`t expect any results until Garrity returns, if we manage to sneak a few wins here and there until then it will be a bonus. The injuries we have had this season is ridiculous and I don`t think any manager would have found it easy. 

Relegation would be a great shame as it looks like Stoke are dropping to this level next season and look like becoming the next Reading. 

Advert

4 minutes ago, bycars rob said:

I don`t expect any results until Garrity returns, if we manage to sneak a few wins here and there until then it will be a bonus. The injuries we have had this season is ridiculous and I don`t think any manager would have found it easy. 

Relegation would be a great shame as it looks like Stoke are dropping to this level next season and look like becoming the next Reading. 

Agree, injuries have killed us this season. Clarke, plant, uche, garrity & ojo would be in most fans' starting 11.

We have had bad injuries, no doubt about that.

We have killed ourselves in the window though.

We should have gone hell for leather to make sure we were equipped to stay up.

We don't seem to have grasped the level of financial disaster that going down would be in comparison to shelling out on a few decent players.

Shouldn't be in the position we are, yet again.

10 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

"Yesterday is done, let's move forward."

Is this guy related to Crosby?

What's the alternative, unless you've got a time machine and we can go back to yesterday? Wallowing in self-pity and recriminations? 

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

I don't think those clubs need a miracle - anyone beats anyone in this league - 2 or 3 scruffy wins in a row isn't beyond anyone, look at us at the start of the season!

I'm more worried about our own performances. We concede every week and barely create anything. It's a recipe for relegation.

They could of course get a couple of scruffy wins but they need a lot more than that. All of which in no way excuses our position, I'm simply pointing out that as the table stands we're in control of our own destiny.  

6 minutes ago, smithie said:

They could of course get a couple of scruffy wins but they need a lot more than that. All of which in no way excuses our position, I'm simply pointing out that as the table stands we're in control of our own destiny.  

Those teams need 8/9 wins and a few draws out of 16/17 games not impossible but unlikely. By comparison we need 5/6 wins and a few draws which is possible providing we show far more desire than yesterday.

14 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

Those teams need 8/9 wins and a few draws out of 16/17 games not impossible but unlikely. By comparison we need 5/6 wins and a few draws which is possible providing we show far more desire than yesterday.

Indeed.  We are far from doomed just yet - it is entirely up to us to sort it out.  The question is though, do we have it in us to turn it around?

However, given the resources we have put in place at the behest of our esteemed DofF, it is nothing but abject failure that we are talking about narrowly avoiding the drop.  We are, currently, in a relegation scrap.

One other thing that irks me; Devine and Arblaster.  Now, first of all, credit to Flitcroft for finding them.  However, how often do clubs appoint loan signings that click the way that these did?  The last loan player I can think that had a similar impact was Chris Killen.  We're expecting rather too much to think Gore and Weir, and any subsequent loans we'll bring in, will make the same impact.  It's a total bullcack fallacy of a strategy that will yield far more failure than success.

Well yes, it doesn’t seem quite so bad on paper if the height of our ambitions this season were to avoid relegation. I think most reasonably expected a bit more than that and the actual football has utterly been atrocious. 

However, the Blackpool home game on 29th Dec, the first match without Blaster, was one of the best I had seen for a long time. So we can play well without him. 

So yes, there is hope, but my biggest fear is that the signs of a progressive, improved longer term situation look totally impossible without greater investment and far better decision making across all areas of the club. 

3 minutes ago, Bede said:

Indeed.  We are far from doomed just yet - it is entirely up to us to sort it out.  The question is though, do we have it in us to turn it around?

However, given the resources we have put in place at the behest of our esteemed DofF, it is nothing but abject failure that we are talking about narrowly avoiding the drop.  We are, currently, in a relegation scrap.

One other thing that irks me; Devine and Arblaster.  Now, first of all, credit to Flitcroft for finding them.  However, how often do clubs appoint loan signings that click the way that these did?  The last loan player I can think that had a similar impact was Chris Killen.  We're expecting rather too much to think Gore and Weir, and any subsequent loans we'll bring in, will make the same impact.  It's a total bullcack fallacy of a strategy that will yield far more failure than success.

Mate I know what you mean, but your post reads like you are moaning at DF because AA and AD were good 🤣🤣🤣

I am presuming you are meaning that relying on untested young loan players is always going to be a gamble - if that is your point, I agree entirely - for me, loans should ideally supplement the nucleus of a stable side, but damn those two youngens were good 🤣🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, Bede said:

Weir looked rather ropey yesterday and Gore is injured. Arblaster seems to be doing nothing at the moment since his return…so you never know..:maybe he will be back once that injury of his heals up in future….

Archived