onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fleetwood (A) match thread 3rd Feb

12 minutes ago, Bede said:

I imagine there will be a crisis meeting today.  I certainly hope there is, anyway.

Dunno what there is to meet about! Who is there to meet with? Paddy? Her crew from Synectics with zero football experience? 

Get them gone. She's a successful businesswoman. Make the decision and back yourself.

Get the pennies together - an interest-free loan, if you need.

Get on the blower to a proper manager who can short-term raise the floor of our squad.

Advert

6 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Dunno what there is to meet about! Who is there to meet with? Paddy? Her crew from Synectics with zero football experience? 

Get them gone. She's a successful businesswoman. Make the decision and back yourself.

Get the pennies together - an interest-free loan, if you need.

Get on the blower to a proper manager who can short-term raise the floor of our squad.

It’s that simple ain’t it 👍

19 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Why are we all sat here waiting?

It doesn't require a sit-down meeting with tea and biscuits. We've got a game Tuesday.

Crosby, Schofield, Dunn, and Nash should have been sacked last night. Flitcroft this morning.

Carol is the owner. She needs to start making some ruthless decisions on her own.

You’re living in a fantasy if you think any of the football staff will be sacked before the end of the season. If if they were it’s the quality of the squad assembled which is the issue and that’s not going to change until the Summer. 
Whilst I can accept a lack of quality, yesterday there was also a lack of effort which should never be the case. Tbf AC looked genuinely shocked and upset in his post match interview so I just hope he gets some sort of reaction on Tuesday. 
After yesterday’s debacle no one should be disappointed if they’re dropped but for me The Yak, Grant, Lowe and Massey had particularly poor games and should be replaced by Shorrock, Mighten, Sang and Lopata whilst Ojo needs to increase his minutes as he a regular for me when fully fit.

7 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Cold sweats here picturing Dunn in caretaker charge - he wins 1 out of 4 and gets the gig permanently.

If its left to go on as it is she will be in for a real suprise when they start trying to get money out of people in the summer for season tickets. Why should we pay to watch this dross week in week out. Weve played well a couple of timrs in thr last 5 months 

3 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

It’s that simple ain’t it 👍

I'm not sure what part of it is complicated. Crosby should have been paid off within hours of full time.

There are decent managers out of work.

If we don't have the money to pay off a man with 4 months of his contract left, then unfortunately she isn't the woman to take us forward.

18 hours ago, Warren said:

I am OK with Flickers. I don't think we've had a bad window. I do think he has signed up a good enough squad. I do think he has done well with the youth team structures. But Crosby has not worked out. Must replace. 

How? How have we had a good window?

The initial plan, from us and publicly them, was to sign a striker and a wingback

we did neither.

we lost our two best players. We have replaced them with players we don’t know if they’re any good, because they’re young and inexperienced. You cannot rely on the model, even if it worked last time doesn’t mean it will this time.

We cannot say it was a good window because not enough time has past to suggest the untested players are good enough.

The only signing we could comment on really is Mighten, who has played over 50 games at a good level. But we don’t even play a system which fits him. So we’ll end up with him at wingback or upfront. If Massey is anything to go by, this will not work.

Throw in the fact that this is second January in a row that he has let us down, and it’s clear why Flitcroft has to take the blame here.

I don’t think Crosby is blameless but I do think he is stuck between a rock and a hard place a little bit due to injuries to key players and an incompetent DoF. You can see that he does try to change the system (he has even tried a back four when we have struggled in the last two games). The fight of some players hasn’t helped him either. Some like Chislett, Ripley etc are fighters and show it on the pitch and at the end. Some are total cowards who don’t care - Massey and Loft ran straight down that tunnel at the end.

We can’t point the finger at Carol in terms of all footballing decisions and happenings on the pitch. BUT this is the time she needs to act. She needs to go to Flitcroft and insist something must change.

If he gets rid of Crosby, we go again with a new manager. Don’t forget Flitcroft brought in DC, so he has a 50% success rate with managers. The next one would need to be right for his sake.

If, however, DF continues to say ‘trust the process’, then he HAS to go. And we need to get someone in who is actually a DoF. We need experience in at least one of those positions. An experienced DoF might actually be able to help Crosby.

I want one of them gone. For me it would be DF.

After watching the highlights (somewhat reluctantly), I think a change of shape is required  either 442 or 433, making us less exposed on the flanks.  Need to tighten up and stop giving away soft goals.  It starts there. Don't ask me who will play at fullback, but they're all professionals and some should be capable of doing the job. 

3 minutes ago, PV1993 said:

How? How have we had a good window?

The initial plan, from us and publicly them, was to sign a striker and a wingback

we did neither.

we lost our two best players. We have replaced them with players we don’t know if they’re any good, because they’re young and inexperienced. You cannot rely on the model, even if it worked last time doesn’t mean it will this time.

We cannot say it was a good window because not enough time has past to suggest the untested players are good enough.

The only signing we could comment on really is Mighten, who has played over 50 games at a good level. But we don’t even play a system which fits him. So we’ll end up with him at wingback or upfront. If Massey is anything to go by, this will not work.

Throw in the fact that this is second January in a row that he has let us down, and it’s clear why Flitcroft has to take the blame here.

I don’t think Crosby is blameless but I do think he is stuck between a rock and a hard place a little bit due to injuries to key players and an incompetent DoF. You can see that he does try to change the system (he has even tried a back four when we have struggled in the last two games). The fight of some players hasn’t helped him either. Some like Chislett, Ripley etc are fighters and show it on the pitch and at the end. Some are total cowards who don’t care - Massey and Loft ran straight down that tunnel at the end.

We can’t point the finger at Carol in terms of all footballing decisions and happenings on the pitch. BUT this is the time she needs to act. She needs to go to Flitcroft and insist something must change.

If he gets rid of Crosby, we go again with a new manager. Don’t forget Flitcroft brought in DC, so he has a 50% success rate with managers. The next one would need to be right for his sake.

If, however, DF continues to say ‘trust the process’, then he HAS to go. And we need to get someone in who is actually a DoF. We need experience in at least one of those positions. An experienced DoF might actually be able to help Crosby.

I want one of them gone. For me it would be DF.

They both have to go its a simple as that. You can just imagine flickers feeding carol the usual crap today and her lapping it up and believing everything is okay. 

Just now, Vale1995 said:

To the tune of lets go fuckin mental

'we dont trust the process 

we dont trust the process na na na na,

I feel it’s the only thing that will push Carol to any form of action, either start some chants that she can’t ignore or like someone has previously said don’t turn up at all 

Archived