onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Robbie new Club President

andy jones

Preparing a bid & making a tv documentary apparently. The Robbie Williams show has started 🙄 Those down the road have very rich owners & made little difference let's see how it pans out 🤷🏼‍♂️ Get some decent players in i'll be happy that's all i'm bothered about none of this publicity lark, what happens on that pitch that matters. Expecting pelters but each to their own and all that 👍🏻 

Advert

No idea whether this takeover has any truth in it.

Logically, it should be a game changer.

The Shanahan's have done a fantastic job stabilising the club.

However, it is clear that the limit is for the club to be self sustaining, which would be brilliant.

I assume that the money available to any RW initiative would put the club on a completely different level.

Step One: Rebuild the Railway Stand 😄

Makes you wonder what's going on behind the scenes. Robbie at Vale Park on Saturday, announced as new president, then splashes this in the Sun four days later. Did he tell Carol? No mention of her anywhere in the online story. No idea what to make of it

It says he’s been approached by a consortium with a view of buying the club. That does not necessarily mean he agrees to it and if they are even serious, probably very early down the chain of any idea of buying the club. If true, would be nice of they mentioned who this consortium consisted of.

Maybe it's a detour from the fact they cannot get anyone in in the transfer window .

Someone spread a rumour and it snowballed at a guess in a good way as it gets Vale on everyones minds .

I think what we do as a club over next 48 hrs will tell you whether it's true or not if 2 kids sign from Chelsea  over the next 48 it's false if true 

Clark Harris Johnson should be seen in a Vale shirt if True 

I'm.not bothering stay online all day find out I have better things do .

4 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

Maybe it's a detour from the fact they cannot get anyone in in the transfer window .

Someone spread a rumour and it snowballed at a guess in a good way as it gets Vale on everyones minds .

I think what we do as a club over next 48 hrs will tell you whether it's true or not if 2 kids sign from Chelsea  over the next 48 it's false if true 

Clark Harris Johnson should be seen in a Vale shirt if True 

I'm.not bothering stay online all day find out I have better things do .

Made BBC Breakfast News this morning 

1 minute ago, saintvaliant said:

Yeah, just a decade in the Premier League and a FA Cup Final. 

Cant believe your mentioning an fa cup final, means nothing unless you win it. And where are they now??? Looking over their shoulders at league 1 football 

The difference between Wrexham and Robbie Williams / Port Vale is his local ties and commitment to the community. So that's good. 

But let's have a dose of reality. Blackburn Rovers 4 Wrexham 1. That sums it up really. It is OK for the owners of Wrexham to blast their way through the National League and maybe L2. But then big clubs are encountered at the top of L1 and Championship. 

Wrexham and Port Vale have been at Championship level. Wrexham last in 1978/79. Both similar sized clubs, but in the modern era how could Port Vale get promoted and stay at Championship level? To struggle at that level would require becoming the equivalent of Stoke City in size and resources. That is a massive growth challenge and funding challenge. 

For me the future of Port Vale is as a sustainable, if somewhat further renewed, league football club in Burslem that regularly competes at L1 level. 

4 minutes ago, Warren said:

The difference between Wrexham and Robbie Williams / Port Vale is his local ties and commitment to the community. So that's good. 

But let's have a dose of reality. Blackburn Rovers 4 Wrexham 1. That sums it up really. It is OK for the owners of Wrexham to blast their way through the National League and maybe L2. But then big clubs are encountered at the top of L1 and Championship. 

Wrexham and Port Vale have been at Championship level. Wrexham last in 1978/79. Both similar sized clubs, but in the modern era how could Port Vale get promoted and stay at Championship level? To struggle at that level would require becoming the equivalent of Stoke City in size and resources. That is a massive growth challenge. 

Maybe not in the last 18 months but throughout history Port Vale have consistently been the bigger club, bigger support and more often than not in a higher league position. 

7 minutes ago, Warren said:

The only difference I see is Robbie's local ties and the Hollywood boys being born not so local to Wrexham

That is the only difference.

Archived