onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Portsmouth (H) match thread - 27th Jan

robf

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

to compare a peaceful demonstration with an act of aggression. Not factual at all.

Peaceful? Hundreds of chanting Reading supporters breaking the law by running on to the pitch and causing the game to be abandoned?

You seriously call that peaceful?

Advert

2 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

Been in the garden all morning still seething at that performance yesterday.

Was it deliberate cause Robbie was there to see if he buys us some players.

Or are most of them wanting out of the club .

After yesterday they can <ovf censored> a majority of them of for me 

Passive

Unmotivated 

Work shy 

You name it that's what I saw yesterday .

Rubbish 

You could always give up your season ticket. Again. 

44 minutes ago, Stockleys_socks said:

To the fans condoning / trying to justify chasing the ref. Keep condoning and watch similar incidents become commonplace and cause fewer people to take up reffing. Then keep moaning about the falling standard of refereeing because there are fewer to choose from. Without refs we have no game.

And just watch similar incidents of supporters in their hundreds invading the pitch in order to get a match abandoned?

Now they've seen it can be done, with no arrests etc etc, it will happen again.

19 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

And just watch similar incidents of supporters in their hundreds invading the pitch in order to get a match abandoned?

Now they've seen it can be done, with no arrests etc etc, it will happen again.

Funny you should say that...

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

So there was a possibility of trouble at the Hawthorns so hundreds of police there. There was a certainty of trouble at Reading and there were four police there!!!

Categorised. The game at the Hawthorns is a massive derby with tensions running high. The police will dictate the category and what police are required based on all factors. The police are part of a safety certificate 

35 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

Peaceful? Hundreds of chanting Reading supporters breaking the law by running on to the pitch and causing the game to be abandoned?

You seriously call that peaceful?

It was peaceful. Was their any signs of any trouble or people trying to hit other people?

You are deluded if you can not see the difference between Reading & yesterday.

Again, the fine we will now receive because of that idiot will show you the difference between the two incidents.

In fact, that idiot, who is not a Vale fan in my book, should be made to pay any fine forthcoming.

8 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

So there was a possibility of trouble at the Hawthorns so hundreds of police there. There was a certainty of trouble at Reading and there were four police there!!!

This is becoming a joke with you now.

Give it up because you are now looking like a bitter old lady

4 hours ago, 1 said:

We can’t suddenly start playing 4312 now because that’s not the system we have promised the prem academy directors. They don’t give a hoot if we go down as long as their little darlings get an experience of the real world. I really like Sang, I think he’s improved so much and is generally solid and reliable. He needs to start alongside Gore and push Weir further on alongside Chislett. Bring Wilson on with 30 to go, for a new striker that we have made a calculated financial risk to get. Otherwise we’re going down. Though surely Williams will sure the defence up and we can finally confine Smith back to the bench.

My take on the game was that after a good opening 10 minutes we were then lucky to be level at HT. We looked a bit rung rusty 1st half it's got to be said plus the 2 new loanees especially Gore were not able to have much impact on the game which is to be expected (we were fortunate that Ollie and Alfie hit the ground running?).However we were much more resolute and solid 2nd half and the introduction of Tom and Jack improved us as did the 4 at the back. Felt sorry for Grant as he had a good game (and looks like he's a lot fitter now) as the pen was harsh but he has given the forward the opportunity to dive which he took. I prefer to back the lads and say we deserved a point for our 2nd half performance in which pompey created little.

Onwards and Upwards see you at Fleetwood 

47 minutes ago, Granville said:

We played poorly, we deserved to lose the game. 

I don't think its a penalty, I don't think its a free kick for the foul on Chislett. 

I do think the referee was arrogant and swayed by the antics of the Portsmouth players, we are too nice as a team and too naive. 

I don't agree with the pitch invader (incidentally, has been identified yet?), but can understand his frustration. Referees make mistakes but unlike everyone else in football their accountability comes without any public scrutiny: A manager fails, he gets sacked, a player fails, he gets dropped or released, an owner fails, they lose gate money and stadiums become empty.

Referees can make mistakes but the people who have seen them make those mistakes never get to see the consequences of them. 

For all the defending of referees there are good and bad, and this guy (who also sent off Arblaster at Lincoln i think?), seems arrogant and embodies the worst of EFL officiating. 

Finally, while we have seen strength and resolution from Reading fans over the last few weeks, themselves a former Premier League club, the reaction of Portsmouth fans is completely the opposite, throwing around vile insults on social media, slagging off the club for having the audacity to compete in a league fixture against them. They're the opposite to Reading supporters. 

A 10-12 year old said to me and my dad as the two sets of fans come together at the gate for the path to Dolly's Lane, "F**k you, yer northern c**ts"

Classy....

3 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

Been in the garden all morning still seething at that performance yesterday.

Was it deliberate cause Robbie was there to see if he buys us some players.

Or are most of them wanting out of the club .

After yesterday they can <ovf censored> a majority of them of for me 

Passive

Unmotivated 

Work shy 

You name it that's what I saw yesterday .

Rubbish 

Work shy and unmotivated is very harsh mate in my opinion.

I thought we worked really hard as a team but the game highlights what we have said about Vale for 24 months . We are too nice and weak as piss. We were severely outmuscled up front and in midfield.

Uche had an awful game before his injury. He won the ball once in 30 odd minutes. Weir and Gore were bullied and the ball just kept coming back. To our credit I thought our defence did well considering the amount of pressure they were under.

Bishop and Morrell were in the refs ear for every tackle and decision which affected his performance. Our plays just keep playing and then when the ref makes a decision say ‘yes sir’ and walk away. That’s why I say it’s watching men v boys yesterday.We just don’t have enough experience in our team and it’s painful to watch at times.

Unless we can get Ojo back in midfield within a few games its going to be a very very tough task avoiding relegation.

With Uche injury hopefully Flicker pivots from his current thinking stated at the forum and brings in a senior striker. Just brining in another young loan striker just isn’t going to cut it.

56 minutes ago, Granville said:

We played poorly, we deserved to lose the game. 

I don't think its a penalty, I don't think its a free kick for the foul on Chislett. 

I do think the referee was arrogant and swayed by the antics of the Portsmouth players, we are too nice as a team and too naive. 

I don't agree with the pitch invader (incidentally, has been identified yet?), but can understand his frustration. Referees make mistakes but unlike everyone else in football their accountability comes without any public scrutiny: A manager fails, he gets sacked, a player fails, he gets dropped or released, an owner fails, they lose gate money and stadiums become empty.

Referees can make mistakes but the people who have seen them make those mistakes never get to see the consequences of them. 

For all the defending of referees there are good and bad, and this guy (who also sent off Arblaster at Lincoln i think?), seems arrogant and embodies the worst of EFL officiating. 

Finally, while we have seen strength and resolution from Reading fans over the last few weeks, themselves a former Premier League club, the reaction of Portsmouth fans is completely the opposite, throwing around vile insults on social media, slagging off the club for having the audacity to compete in a league fixture against them. They're the opposite to Reading supporters. 

Bang on mate. Nail and head spring to mind.

Archived