onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (A) match thread - Jan 13th

robf

Advert

23 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I think getting the game abandoned was stupid and had a negative effect on the situation. Stopping the game for half an hour would have been more effective and not given the EFL such a difficult decision to make. From a Port Vale perspective we now have two consecutive Saturdays without games and have lost two players who could have played against Reading. Protests against club owners shouldn't affect other teams.

Think that's a selfish view RZ. The media attention has been positive in that the authorities are looking more at how the owner is running the club into the ground and what they can do about him which could be good in the long run.

As for us being weakened, we have only lost Devine, but gained Williams and looks like we are adding Gore next week. Also Debrah and Jones should be back and Ojo not too far away either. We are also looking at other forwards too. We could actually be far stronger whereas Reading fans think they will be considerably weaker at the end of the transfer window.

14 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

The 💩 now 2-0 down to Brum. For some reason I might be tempted to listen to P&G later if this holds…

I'll be controversial here. Not sure I'd want them go down ( they won't anyway). Might resurrect them like Ipswich and to a degree Sunderland. 

I'm quite happy with them thinking they deserve to be in The Premier and finishing 12th to 18th every season. It's pretty funny.

After they beat mighty Rotherham they even talked of play offs ! 

So far Schumacher has won at Birmingham and Rotherham. Hardly Leicester and Southampton. Deluded fanbase and the Premier stint has given them a false entitlement. 

14 minutes ago, mbycars said:

Think that's a selfish view RZ. The media attention has been positive in that the authorities are looking more at how the owner is running the club into the ground and what they can do about him which could be good in the long run.

As for us being weakened, we have only lost Devine, but gained Williams and looks like we are adding Gore next week. Also Debrah and Jones should be back and Ojo not too far away either. We are also looking at other forwards too. We could actually be far stronger whereas Reading fans think they will be considerably weaker at the end of the transfer window.

I thought it was selfish affecting another clubs fans. They have largely been forgotten about by the media now apart from the Reading Chronicle. None of my friends, who know that I am a Vale fan, asked me what happened at the game the first time I saw them after last Saturday's fiasco. The general tone of the EFL comments have been negative towards the " criminal actions" of the fans and there has still been no announcement of the decision. The EFL were already looking into ownership of the club before the weekend. 

2 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I thought it was selfish affecting another clubs fans. They have largely been forgotten about by the media now apart from the Reading Chronicle. None of my friends, who know that I am a Vale fan, asked me what happened at the game the first time I saw them after last Saturday's fiasco. The general tone of the EFL comments have been negative towards the " criminal actions" of the fans and there has still been no announcement of the decision. The EFL were already looking into ownership of the club before the weekend. 

I wasn't just talking about the EFL

MP'S parliament local authorities and national supporter groups have now become involved. I wouldn't think 1 disrupted  game in the scheme of things is to much to bear.

I think your stance says more about you than anything else.

2 minutes ago, mbycars said:

I wasn't just talking about the EFL

MP'S parliament local authorities and national supporter groups have now become involved. I wouldn't think 1 disrupted  game in the scheme of things is to much to bear.

I think your stance says more about you than anything else.

I don't think I am in any way alone with my thoughts. Have you read the comments on X about the 16th minute applause suggestion from the FSA? There was quite a lot of negativity towards Reading and their fans. MPs will jump on any popular bandwagon if they think there is some publicity for them in it. I suspect that 80% of the fans on the pitch were just there to take selfies to send to their mates. 

4 minutes ago, Rory said:

Why?

The match between Blackpool and Huddersfield was abandoned on 48 minutes following a pitch invasion.

The league concluded that the game should not be replayed and awarded 1 point each (0-0 draw)

Whether or not they will view our game as the same is still unclear although as Reading are scheduled to have 2 home league games this week and the fans have threatened more pitch invasions I expect we may hear something more concrete tomorrow, assuming the EFL may want Reading to play behind closed doors, but who knows ?

5 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:

The match between Blackpool and Huddersfield was abandoned on 48 minutes following a pitch invasion.

The league concluded that the game should not be replayed and awarded 1 point each (0-0 draw)

Whether or not they will view our game as the same is still unclear although as Reading are scheduled to have 2 home league games this week and the fans have threatened more pitch invasions I expect we may hear something more concrete tomorrow, assuming the EFL may want Reading to play behind closed doors, but who knows ?

Was this the game at the end of the season when the points had no effect on either or any other team?

4 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Was this the game at the end of the season when the points had no effect on either or any other team?

I'm not sure bud, but what is interesting is that Huddersfield fans were not allowed compensation as the Ruling Committee deemed that both sets of law abiding fans had been deprived therefore it would be unjust only to give Huddersfield fans a refund.

Also, it took about 2 months to get to that point.

37 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

They surely couldn’t award it a draw. The game was only 16 minutes old. Would be opening the EFL to all sorts of legal action from other clubs if a point was the difference between either staying up or going down. It will almost certainly be replayed.

It is a mess. The fixtures are decided before the season at random and should take place between teams in the order decided. Postponement due to weather or other factors such as international call ups allow games to be replaced with agreements between the teams. This is an unpredented event and whatever is decided could have a negative impact on either team or any other team in the league. 

Archived