onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

Advert

1 minute ago, osprey said:

Surely we can’t-can we?

There's quite a clear and established pattern of Vale back-tracking on decisions that haven't gone down very well. I think they obviously read the various Vale social media channels as they are conscious of backlash. That's a good thing. I don't think they would.

Now that the news has percolated down from the emotional to the rational, I would like to thank Andy Crosby for all the undoubted effort and commitment that he has put in during his tenure. The fact that he was not successful certainly does not mean that he did not give it his all. Professional sport is a pressure cooker and I am certain that Andy took a lot of baggage home which will have affected his family as well as himself. Ultimately he was not successful in what he tried to achieve at Port Vale but that makes him a bad manager not a bad person. I wish Andy well in the future. 

33 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Perfect fit. 

Welcome aboard, David.

Seems odd that he is the temp manager when all he seems to do on match days is put the cones out.  He is a partner in the Flitcroft business though isn't he??

4 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

Flickers and the recruitment team next. They had months and months to find a lwb and st to get us through the season and after extensive research and planning for 3 windows in advance . They came up with................................nobody

They came up with nobody who was prepared to accept what Vale were willing to pay. Flitcroft admitted as much in September when he said they had missed out on all their key targets.

2 hours ago, NarberthVale said:

Well put your hands up everyone Flitcroft needs to go simple as that !!! 

I don't understand the hate for Flitcroft on here. Yes, he's failed to deliver us players in key positions but is that his fault or that of the owners, who it would appear clearly can't afford to pay what is required. That's why Garlick was sacrificed in favour of Patrick, who must be a relatively low cost alternative. Also see the lack of urgency in putting the Paddock toilets situation to rights.

Even the scoreboard is at least partly funded from elsewhere. Let's face it, Carol and Kevin came to the rescue when it was needed, but at the cost of spending money to get rid of Smurthwaite that needed to be spent elsewhere. Without any additional funding from somewhere we're right back where we started.

47 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Seems odd that he is the temp manager when all he seems to do on match days is put the cones out.  He is a partner in the Flitcroft business though isn't he??

Yes he is, but someone has to take charge tomorrow and he is the only one with any experience, barring Flitcroft who wouldn't touch the manager's job with a barge pole.

2 hours ago, Heatwave said:

I don't understand the hate for Flitcroft on here. Yes, he's failed to deliver us players in key positions but is that his fault or that of the owners, who it would appear clearly can't afford to pay what is required. That's why Garlick was sacrificed in favour of Patrick, who must be a relatively low cost alternative. Also see the lack of urgency in putting the Paddock toilets situation to rights.

Even the scoreboard is at least partly funded from elsewhere. Let's face it, Carol and Kevin came to the rescue when it was needed, but at the cost of spending money to get rid of Smurthwaite that needed to be spent elsewhere. Without any additional funding from somewhere we're right back where we started.

I've said before. In regards to Port Vale they've now barely got a pot to piss in. Attendances have been falling because results and performances have often been crap which doesn't help. It also doesn't help putting arses on seats when everybody and their pet Parrot can see we needed strikers but failed to address this for whatever reasons. Right now the club is a bit of a mess. I don't care what Carol and Kevin did X number of years ago. We've all given her and them plenty of praise for that. She also bought the club largely because she felt it would be good for her ultimately in the first place, as with any owner. She didn't do it solely out of the goodness of her heart.

We need fresh ideas. We need new players asap. We need to get rid of a handful or two of players asap. We also need to prioritise what happens on the pitch more than things off it. Do well on the pitch and everything else will fall into place naturally over time.

In my eyes, and In fairness to Vale fans, other than the very vocal minority on social media who have a lot of office space between their ears, I don't think we are an over-demanding lot. 

Hands on heart, how many decent performances have we witnessed since Wembley - yet if we had signed a striker (any striker!!!) and some kind of left footed elephant before the window closed, we would have been placated.

Crowd numbers have by and large stayed on the level despite the drudge performances we have witnessed over the last 18 months, and merchandising must be at an all time high.

Even if AC had stayed until the end of the season, or who-ever comes in now, if we stay in the division (we could feasibly end up anywhere between 12-19)  we will be happy. 

I don't even know if I'm trying to make a point here, I'm just a bit fed up🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈 

People say who in their right mind would buy a football club - who in their right mind would support one 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

What happened to the cash from Wembley, the play offs, Bristol R, Newport on Telly, then the following season where had high attendances for a while. If we were struggling after all that then now we must be paupers.

Crosby should have gone in October so the new guy could have two months to assess what is needed.

The Sports Scientist should go next.

Archived