onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

Advert

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

So are you saying that Birmingham City should not have sacked Wayne Rooney?

I thought he was a disastrous appointment at the time. So it turned out to be.

The theme seems to be they had a team that through good organisation was punching above it's weight. The Board misjudged that fact thinking that a 'star manager' was all that was needed to get them promoted.

But of course if it's the manager that is maintaining performance and you sack him, bringing in a ...head, then the wheels quickly come off. Do you think they'll approach Crosby?

2 minutes ago, Warren said:

The theme seems to be they had a team that through good organisation was punching above it's weight. The Board misjudged that fact thinking that a 'star manager' was all that was needed to get them promoted.

But of course if it's the manager that is maintaining performance and you sack him, bringing in a ...head, then the wheels quickly come off. Do you think they'll approach Crosby?

One thing is for sure is when Crosby is not manager of Port Vale, he will not get another managers job in the top 5 divisions

1 minute ago, Warren said:

The theme seems to be they had a team, that through good organisation, was punching above it's weight. The Board misjudged that fact thinking that a star manager was all that was needed to get them promoted. But of course if it's the manager that is maintaining performance and you sack him bringing in a ...head then the wheels quickly come off. Do you think they'll approach Crosby?

Eustace was doing a good job at Birmingham.  They did the same thing a few years back when they sacked a succeeding manager (forget who) and brought in the star name of Emile Zola.  He was catastrophic too, sacked after 22 games, I think.  Their CEO, Cook, sounds like an absolute headcase. They should have packed him off with Rooney.  Just to clinch it, Rooney had Karl Robinson as his No 2 😂

23 minutes ago, Vale Ball said:

The Mirror has issued a Final 2023 league of all 92 clubs, it has us finishing 85th.
P46 Pts 46

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

Do they also know the numbers ofr the Euromillions on Friday, if so where is it printed please..??  Askin for a friend. 

5 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

One thing is for sure is when Crosby is not manager of Port Vale, he will not get another managers job in the top 5 divisions

Don’t agree here, if you see some of the people who get jobs (like Lee Johnson who has been bombed out of two jobs in a few months) then I’m pretty certain he would especially if a club was looking for a head coach.

9 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Don’t agree here, if you see some of the people who get jobs (like Lee Johnson who has been bombed out of two jobs in a few months) then I’m pretty certain he would especially if a club was looking for a head coach.

Crosby is well proven as a coach at junior international level and other clubs of Port Vale's ilk. He'll make his way in life. 

He said some rational stuff post the Carlisle game that mitigates a bit my frustration. But it's a results business and we need the rest of Jan to be good. That's good on the pitch supported by good off the pitch in recruiting, retaining and releasing the right players. January 2022 was an unmitigated disaster. 

3 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Joe a very detailed post well done. I’m not an AC fan but that post that you’ve highlighted absolutely disgusts me. He’s a human being at the end of the day, in a result based industry. I might want him out but the powers that be are quite happy for AC to carry on as manager. If fans voices are ignored long enough they’ll vote with their feet. Glad I’m only on OVF, which for me is well managed 

You should see the rest of what that individual has posted. Absolutely deplorable language used about Carol. Horrendous.

This is what I'm trying to grasp. Being 15th in League 1 is, over the course of the last 2 decades, amongst our better seasons, yet people are falling over themselves to be quite personally unpleasant about both the manager and the chairwoman.

I've been critical of the manager too, and have questioned some of the chairwoman's decisions, but to for the fanbase to be having this scale of meltdown because we lost 2-1 away from home (3 days after winning 3-0) suggests that things are being magnified beyond proportion.

Again, I'm a massive defender of a fans' right to criticise but considering he has said he enjoys abusing Crosby, and the language he's used regarding Carol, I don't think he could complain if he got a banning order.

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Birmingham City is a good example of why it is sometimes a bad idea to change managers. 

That’s not at all a comparable situation and you know it. Birmingham were in the playoffs. We are 6 points off the drop.

23 minutes ago, Osh said:

Do they also know the numbers ofr the Euromillions on Friday, if so where is it printed please..??  Askin for a friend. 

No you've misunderstood Osh. We had the 7th worst 2023 of any club, which is very poor.

Archived