onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

If we sack Crosby then we must have a replacement pretty well lined up, whether that is just till the end of the season or a longer contract but if it s the latter then they need to get a very good replacement. If we go a few weeks without a permanent manager then I think the results will get worse possibly as I don’t think it is a case where the players don’t want to play for Crosby.

Advert

2 hours ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

funny isnt it. how much abuse i got for stating this 10 weeks ago. no further comment.

Just throwing this out now so I can come back some time hence and marvel at just how right I was :

When Crosby goes, and he will go at some point, the new Messiah will be welcomed by most however some will say they aren't convinced but hope they can "prove me wrong".

Unfortunately, sooner or later he will, as most do, fail and yet again those that are never wrong will be on here telling us all that they were right from the beginning and that the Happy Clapper Brigade need to "Get a grip and smell the coffee".

To be honest, I'm not sure exactly what to grip, nor who is drinking the coffee.

Good luck to the person, whomever that may be, whenever that may be, but you heard it here first - they will fail and the latest poll will show a huge majority (what is it now, 92 to 16?) will want them gone.    

53 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Just throwing this out now so I can come back some time hence and marvel at just how right I was :

When Crosby goes, and he will go at some point, the new Messiah will be welcomed by most however some will say they aren't convinced but hope they can "prove me wrong".

Unfortunately, sooner or later he will, as most do, fail and yet again those that are never wrong will be on here telling us all that they were right from the beginning and that the Happy Clapper Brigade need to "Get a grip and smell the coffee".

To be honest, I'm not sure exactly what to grip, nor who is drinking the coffee.

Good luck to the person, whomever that may be, whenever that may be, but you heard it here first - they will fail and the latest poll will show a huge majority (what is it now, 92 to 16?) will want them gone.    

That's interesting, as literally none of that happened with our last manager.

It was time for him to go, as many have attested, but there was universal support when he was appointed, he then did a very good job, and even when he was sacked, virtually no one was calling for him to go. It was a massive shock and he left with a great deal of love from all Vale fans, which continues to this day. No one celebrated his departure (bar one, who was literally the only guy who ever criticised him). No one ever engaged in 'told you so' stuff. 

The situation you're describing, however, can be seen in the latter days of Askey, Brown, Bruno, and Aspin - all managers who were questionable appointments to begin, were never good enough in the long-run, and haven't managed much in the EFL since.

So, to summarise - fans turn on clearly incompetent managers who are holding the club back and who have struggled to gain professional employment since. The fans, such thick heathens that they are, correctly surmised that the manager wasn't up to much, which the owners of the other 92 clubs have agreed with.

The PVFC fans have yet to turn on a manager to the point that they've been sacked who has since gone on to greater, or even broadly equal, things. The closest is Rob Page, who I think most were OK with.

Weird, considering they're such an awful, fickle group!

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

If we sack Crosby then we must have a replacement pretty well lined up, whether that is just till the end of the season or a longer contract but if it s the latter then they need to get a very good replacement. If we go a few weeks without a permanent manager then I think the results will get worse possibly as I don’t think it is a case where the players don’t want to play for Crosby.

If Flitcroft doesn’t have someone lined up its a dereliction of duty and a sackable offence. 

A shortlist of managers should have been identified mid October and reviewed each week. I still find it incredible Crosby was not sacked after the Cheltenham debacle.

4 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

That's interesting, as literally none of that happened with our last manager.

It was time for him to go, as many have attested, but there was universal support when he was appointed, did a very good job, and even when he was sacked, virtually no one was calling for him to go. It was a massive shock and he left with a great deal of love from all Vale fans, which continues to this day. No one celebrated his departure (bar one, who was literally the only guy who ever criticised him). No one ever engaged in 'told you so' stuff. 

The situation you're describing, however, can be seen in the latter days of Askey, Brown, Bruno, and Aspin - all managers who were questionable appointments to begin, were never good enough in the long-run, and haven't managed much in the EFL since.

So, to summarise - fans turn on clearly incompetent managers who are holding the club back. What scumbags!

If you care to read my post again Joe, I specifically state "Unfortunately, sooner or later he will, as most do, fail".

Note the particular words "as most do".

Nowhere do I mention DC, in fact I don't mention any previous managers by name.

As for fans being 'scumbags', well that's your words, not mine.  

1 hour ago, MBE said:

If Flitcroft doesn’t have someone lined up its a dereliction of duty and a sackable offence. 

A shortlist of managers should have been identified mid October and reviewed each week. I still find it incredible Crosby was not sacked after the Cheltenham debacle.

Difficult to short list managers without advertising it plus I do not rate Flitcroft capable of gathering a list of decent replacements, he doesn’t have enough friends to choose from. 

I think Popey would be a good choice to come in as temporary manager the guy is vale through and through and the fans would back him all the way , imo .
Good god no! Popey was a good striker for the Vale but let's just say he's not the sharpest knife in the draw. I'd think twice about putting him in charge of the local lads and dad's team. It would be an absolute disaster.

Sent from my SM-A137F using onevalefan mobile app

Archived