onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

Advert

28 minutes ago, Osh said:

Agreed 

I'd take a 0-6 hammering if we played up and in the faces of other teams. The first half yesterday we did no pressing and were happy to let them have the ball and play their game. Second half we actually put a press on and challenged for the ball.  

Players need to start putting their bodies on the line. 

22 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Was the same against boro in a league cup quarter final. If crosby cant motivate the players for that then i give up . Pathetic is the only word to describe it. 

pre match interview says no motivation is needed today bevause of what happened away.... que the first half 

Agree with you both.

All too often this season we're losing, the clock is running down and there's still no urgency, no visible acknowledgement of the situation, we're still just aimlessly cycling the ball through the defenders, then to Ripley, then back to a defender. What really plssed me off against Middlesborough was the unforgivable lack of effort. They played like it was a pre-season game not a cup quarter final. That above all is totally unacceptable. I'm watching players and thinking "he looks like he's given up." 

Adams would have some of this lot running until they were sick for some of the body language and heartless performances over the last few months.

It's still in the balance for me, I was tilting towards joining calls for change... Then they went and showed that they can rise to the occasion in the second half. Im gonna reserve judgement for after the next 3 games.

still no idea what the better solution would be if it goes wrong, Tom Pope caretaker manager till the end of the season? Someone mentioned Steve Evans. If it were possible id take that to be fair. 

The injuries have obviously hit us of late, younger players have been thrown in at the deep end of , but they've all shown some good character. great experience for them all, I think the future could be bright here, once the core squad return, add a signing or two in January.

Fingers crossed Carol and the team get it right. Glad I don't have to make the decisions 😄

I think that the most positive that fans can be at the minute is indifferent. I don't think there's many genuinely committed to what Crosby is doing - there's just a sense of it isn't disastrous usually paired with an aversion to sacking managers.

Flitcroft and Carol are either going to look very clever when Crosby pulls it together, or have a lot of open dissent if they fail to see what it appears most of the fanbase are seeing at this point.

Or we might meander to 16th, and we all shrug our shoulders.

31 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Anyone who actually wants their team to lose is either thick or not a true fan.  Which are you?

Could say the same about anyone who wants to continue defending this pile of crap week in week out & helping out in the club being relegated 🤔 

Just now, Vtid said:

Could say the same about anyone who wants to continue defending this pile of crap week in week out & helping out in the club being relegated 🤔 

I want my team to win every game.  I’ve got no other agenda, unlike blinkered clowns like yourself.  Apart from anything else the simple fact is that if we win there’s less likelihood of being relegated, if we lose, as you wish, there’s more likelihood.  3 points for a win that could keep us up whoever the manager is come the end of the season.  

32 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

I want my team to win every game.  I’ve got no other agenda, unlike blinkered clowns like yourself.  Apart from anything else the simple fact is that if we win there’s less likelihood of being relegated, if we lose, as you wish, there’s more likelihood.  3 points for a win that could keep us up whoever the manager is come the end of the season.  

Or spin it again & all the points we will have lost by not replacing the person in charge. Thinking in the long run, each to their own tho 👍🏻 swear you said you don't let anyone get under your skin on a forum 😂😂😂 

It's clear to see and say Crosby has the safest job in the league unfortunately the model and directive and style of play possession football is driven by DF if we sack Crosby then DF is judged as a failure.

The most concerning observation is the fact the players are not playing with any pride or motivation surely a video of the 7-0 defeat would have been a good motivation.

The acceptance we weren't good enough to beat Boro instead of getting in their faces was the final straw.

Us fans have been very patient up until the last games where we have become more vocal and rightly so.

CS really needs to appoint an experienced manager like Rowett I'm sure logistically this would be a great start.

It's obviously not working the acceptance of if it works it's brilliant if it doesn't we go again which is not progressive.

There's a lot of comments alluding to the fact Crosby is a good coach, but is not a manager.

If Vale were to get rid of him before the season's end then it's a lose-lose; Vale pay compensation which they seemingly can't afford, and Crosby (whilst receiving compensation) is unlikely to get another managerial role in league football.

I wonder if the club could make him an offer where he returns to a coaching or assistant role within the club, on the basis that the football isn't good enough, and bring in a new manager.

Archived