onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Blackpool (H) match thread - 29th Dec

robf

Advert

28 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

You be careful Brian you be accused of being a happy clapper .

My team tonight Im sure folk ain't going be happy about it, but it won't be bings team, he will be more worried about them than concentrating on our attributes .

Leuitweiler 

Cass   Debrah Smith Icavetti 

Lomax Devine Garrity Chislett

Wilson Uche 

4 -4 -2 or when the intelligent excellent JWilson drops 4 -4 -1 -1 plenty of pace down both sides with chislett cutting in like he did tues to fantastic effect his 2 goals brilliant shame only 1 stood .

Out go Lowe Massey Loft ,we cannot afford be pedestrian ,and I'm sorry just lately all 3 have struggled well we need be on the front foot so for me they are benched 

UTV 

That line up will get us thumped as the right side is as weak as you can make it and the Yak at left back is an accident waiting to happen . I think we will go 

RIPLEY 

Debroah Smith Yak 

Lomax Devine Gerrity Chislett  Grant 

Ulche Wilson 

Having attended the away game, there's room to be slightly positive if Crosby is pragmatic and doesn't try to outfootball them.

With Critchley, they're a heavy possession-based side - similar to how we have played. Ponderous, slow possession, and they really struggled for goals early on. At the away game, they were fairly poor - we sat off and looked really organised, and limited them to very little of substance. Ekpiteta had the ball 1000 times and struggled to do anything with it. It was the first time I had some hope for Crosby as it was a very good gameplan - adapted to the opposition instead of 'possession at all costs'.

The difference between then and now is that they have a cracking forward in Rhodes who can solve the final third issues (15 in 20 is outstanding) - though this could be his last game as Hudds want him recalled.

If we accept that the heady days of winning via possession football as the opposition doesn't expect it are over (September), we can get something from this. Aggressive, organised, and direct football, with Devine controlling from deep and a front two of Wilson + someone else gives us a chance. 

This is a classic low-expectations game, which Vale tend to win more often than high-expectations games. An approach akin to the last twenty at Barnsley, with channel balls, crosses into the box, and a degree of energy, and the fans will be on board. 

We don't have the players for the type of game Crosby is trying to emulate (especially with Ojo out and Blaster gone). We're not really a club too bothered with aesthetics and identity. It just doesn't fit.

A slow start, littered with defensive mistakes, with Ripley seeing more possession than anyone before Rhodes picks us off, and I fear the fans will largely turn and become vocal about it.

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alfie1962 said:

Season ticket holder for longer than I can remember, seen Vale on 85 grounds. Never miss but really not looking forward to tonight. Can anyone convince me otherwise?

Sorry no redeeming features apart from......what if .

Rotherham 6-2. Fleetwood 5-2. Orient 3-2.

It's the hope that kills you. Can't say I've much enthusiasm tonight myself but I'll be there in case 😉

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Having attended the away game, there's room to be slightly positive if Crosby is pragmatic and doesn't try to outfootball them.

With Critchley, they're a heavy possession-based side - similar to how we have played. Ponderous, slow possession, and they really struggled for goals early on. At the away game, they were fairly poor - we sat off and looked really organised, and limited them to very little of substance. Ekpiteta had the ball 1000 times and struggled to do anything with it. It was the first time I had some hope for Crosby as it was a very good gameplan - adapted to the opposition instead of 'possession at all costs'.

The difference between then and now is that they have a cracking forward in Rhodes who can solve the final third issues (15 in 20 is outstanding) - though this could be his last game as Hudds want him recalled.

If we accept that the heady days of winning via possession football as the opposition doesn't expect it are over (September), we can get something from this. Aggressive, organised, and direct football, with Devine controlling from deep and a front two of Wilson + someone else gives us a chance. 

This is a classic low-expectations game, which Vale tend to win more often than high-expectations games. An approach akin to the last twenty at Barnsley, with channel balls, crosses into the box, and a degree of energy, and the fans will be on board. 

We don't have the players for the type of game Crosby is trying to emulate (especially with Ojo out and Blaster gone). We're not really a club too bothered with aesthetics and identity. It just doesn't fit.

A slow start, littered with defensive mistakes, with Ripley seeing more possession than anyone before Rhodes picks us off, and I fear the fans will largely turn and become vocal about it.

Yes I agree the fans are at breaking point , some will turn on the manager , some on the players , but the worry is a lot will turn their backs on the club when its time to renew their season ticket . What can the club offer us for next season - more of the same ? 

54 minutes ago, Rockape99 said:

That line up will get us thumped as the right side is as weak as you can make it and the Yak at left back is an accident waiting to happen . I think we will go 

RIPLEY 

Debroah Smith Yak 

Lomax Devine Gerrity Chislett  Grant 

Ulche Wilson 

Your sides not bad I just think that playing 3 at the back is costing us and I don't want the young lad Lomax running towards our goal i want him doing what he did tues ,and keep them on the back foot if got extra security of 4 defenders then surely that allows the 2 wide players more freedom to do what they need be doing not worrying about a through ball what opens us wide open .

Cass for me is a decent player he joins in is positive and weirdly found himself out of team after Lincoln game ,ok he made a few mistakes but ultimately other defenders have made more since but there still picked .

Smith's fell out with Crosby for sure I saw him mouth off at him when replaced at Wycombe .

We will see who is still in team Crosbys camp as second half would suggest they are still playing for him however first half would you say  they were ?

I'd say not .

So a big night for the Vale and whoevers selected .

I feel a win coming 

1 -0 Wilson 

Edited by Devine intervention

1 hour ago, Alfie1962 said:

Season ticket holder for longer than I can remember, seen Vale on 85 grounds. Never miss but really not looking forward to tonight. Can anyone convince me otherwise?

Literally no-one knows exactly what will happen....who saw the Mansfield or Wigan performances coming? For that matter, who saw our current run coming?

If we knew what the outcome was going to be we'd never go! Get theesen theer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoppers said:

just hope he breaks habit of a life time and puts 2 strikers on (at the same time 😮🙈😍)

big Uche was instrumental in both goals against Wigan - his cross for youngens header was sublime

JW also looked really sharp and on another day could have bagged a couple himself

no reason why we cant overturn Blackpool tonight 👍👍👍

Crosby. There's one reason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2