onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wycombe (A) match thread - 23rd Dec

robf

2 hours ago, worldsendvalefan said:

I hope people don't get too excited about Wilson possibly being credited with a goal. After he came on, he seemed to spend his entire time ducking out of challenges. One of which nearly led to a second goal for Wycombe.
That been said, he still remains a far better option than Loft. Who seems to be doing a really bad impression of a Sunday league player. He was the biggest guy on the pitch yet can't recall him winning one header in the box, can't cross a ball and definitely can't shoot.
I don't think I have witnessed many worse Vale displays.

Sent from my SM-A528B using onevalefan mobile app

Wilson had 2 shots on goal (on target) in 15 minutes , which was 2 more than we had managed in the rest of the game. 

he linked the play and got us on the attack on a couple of occasions and looked dangerous. 

I don’t want him in the team to tackle.

He’s not the long term answer, but he’s as good as it gets for now. 

3 league games unbeaten. See how we do in 2 home games now. Ojo and Arblaster are huge gaps to fill , especially for our  style of play.

• Like 2

Advert

15 minutes ago, Osh said:

There YOU go again. No one and I mean NO ONE is saying it's fine. It isn't. We need to better - I (and others) think we will. 

YOU have said in the past that's all about not losing games. Today we didn't lose. We gained a point. 

Osh mate BJ is on the wind up again - dunna fall for it 😍😍😍😍

Merry Christmas to all on OVF 👍👍👍👍

Right im off to see Mrs Hoppers and ask if I can improve my F.U.N stat before the end of the year 😍😍😍

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Hoppers said:

Osh mate BJ is on the wind up again - dunna fall for it 😍😍😍😍

Merry Christmas to all on OVF 👍👍👍👍

Right im off to see Mrs Hoppers and ask if I can improve my F.U.N stat before the end of the year 😍😍😍

Is it your birthday??

• Haha 5

36 minutes ago, Doha said:

Clarke was sacked despite having a better record than Crosby during that long run of horrendous form last season.

Before we failed to win in 11, we won 4 in a row, fair enough. All were by only a single goal however.

Today, James Wilson became the first Port Vale striker to score a league goal since...James Wilson on August 26th, 17 weeks ago. SEVENTEEN.

There's a reason crowds are down and there's dissent in the stands, the product on the pitch is absolutely diabolical. And we're now probably trapped in a negative feedback cycle of crap on the pitch, reduced ticket sales, even more crap on the pitch etc etc.

I've got an eye on the long term here and I'm worried about it, that's all.

You know Crosby doesn't sign the strikers?

26 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Dunna tell @Osh @johnjeffersfanclub or @PVP that because they think everything is fine and all those fans that have travelled to Wycombe today are a disgrace to the badge and should <ovf censored> off down to the Stoke instead

I said YOU are a disgrace to the badge. And from what I hear every week in the Hamil, you're not alone.

• Like 1

Just now, Emile said:

We were really <ovf censored> in August too. I'd go for a U-shape that's maybe starting to come down a little from the top again in December 

I wanted the Y axis datapoints to read A bit / quite / somewhat / very / Michael Brown but it wasn't having it

• Haha 1