onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vote of No Confidence (2)

Emile

Vote of No Confidence  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have confidence in the current regime?

• Yes
    • No - Sack Crosby
    • No - Sack Crosby and coaching staff
    • No - Sack Crosby, coaching staff and Director Of Football

10 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Ive been thinking about what been told  about carol money running out aswel and trying to rationalise it. 
so the toilets in paddock still not been fixed surely isnt too costly so why hasnt it been done yet?

no managers interviewed after clarke sacked and cheapest option taken? And other clubs surely would of atleast interviewed?

why has crosby been given so much time any other club would of pulled the trigger by now is it we can't afford pay him off.

after strikers debacle of last season we spend all summer chasing ryan loft? 

were we not supposed to have replays on big screen why has this not been done yet, (aware the club didnt pay for installation of big screen but is this an additional cost? )

why is everything so quiet from carol. When was the last time we heard a peep from her? 

No doubt we will have an update by Mike Baggaley on anything not previously covered.

Advert

38 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Not sure mate but from what I've heard theyve got nowhere to train atm

i cant believe that for one minute to be honest mate, if our training pitch wasn't suitable they would surely find somewhere else to train in the meantime 

• Like 4

Just now, Vtid said:

i cant believe that for one minute to be honest mate, if our training pitch wasn't suitable they would surely find somewhere else to train in the meantime 

Yeh they might of done ive just been told that the work that flickers authorised on our training pitch has made it unuseable at the moment (unintentionally) and that we dont have training facilities mid season

Just now, Vale1995 said:

Yeh they might of done ive just been told that the work that flickers authorised on our training pitch has made it unuseable at the moment (unintentionally) and that we dont have training facilities mid season

Possibly 🤷🏼‍♂️ we will be training somewhere tho that's for sure 

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

Does he?

I can't be 100% on it of course but the earliest I remember of him was at Crawley when they had money to get up to the football league. He then went to Rotherham at the time they were getting their new ground. Leeds were basket cases IIRC but had money. Mansfield I'm unsure, Peterborough and gills did (compared to the leagues they were in at the time) and I've heard even Stevenage have a bit of Wonga over the last couple of seasons.

I was lucky enough to be in a box during the 6-2 against Rotherham and at half time we went outside for a cigarette. We could hear Evans screaming at his players just a bit lower down from where the old club shop was on Lorne street. We started laughing loudly, shouted some people over to listen but he must have heard us because it went dead silent after that. Or he was on his way out to eat us or something. Good times

• Like 1

The toilets were set for new year so not expected to be done as yet, in fairness after Middlesborough its unlikely to be that urgent I guess now.

They will be training somewhere surely? 

The issue is when we were terrible last season it was all Carol is out of money etc, she does seem to go quiet at times though which maybe doesn't help and this is where rumours can fester, I heard one yesterday but as it's not been said anywhere else its pointless spreading it as may well be total rubbish. 

Last season we couldn't afford the pies allegedly at one stage then we are signing Uche and spending on the pitch etc and made some decent signings which won't have come cheap wage wise (Ripley, Uche, etc) 100k plus on Loft.

In terms of replay's we haven't scored since in games I have been at but when we scored against Cheltenham they did play Alfie Devine's goal on the big screen.

2 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

Is anyone local and can confirm if they have or not been training

I have not walked past during training times these past 2 weeks but they have definitely been training on the grass. When I walked past this afternoon the pitch was churned up in areas where we do our passing drills. Crosby has said himself training had been reduced down to manage the players.

Smells like BS mate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

Been told on good authority that the work flickers authorised on the training pitchs has left the training pitch unusable and that the players aren't training atm as they have nowhere to train. Also been told that when flickers denied his construction company has done any work thats been carried out that was a lie and it has. Been also told that carol is running out of cash and its hardly at the club anymore. I know I’ll get <ovf censored> for this post but just what ive been told . 

On the money side I think it’s managing budgets more strictly rather than running out of cash. The cup game will help because that wasn’t budgeted to go behind the opening round.

At training each week since October more often than not a cryogenic truck is parked up outside the T zone after a midweek match. It was there today.

The daily rental of these trucks is very expensive, that’s not the action of a club struggling for cash.

The simple fact is Carol is giving Crosby as much time as possible to turn things around.

11 minutes ago, MBE said:

I have not walked past during training times these past 2 weeks but they have definitely been training on the grass. When I walked past this afternoon the pitch was churned up in areas where we do our passing drills. Crosby has said himself training had been reduced down to manage the players.

Smells like BS mate.

Probably cant cope with the increased rainfall this season, will not have the same standard of drainage that the Main pitch has now  Ideally both areas would be similar, but isn't the training area council owned? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Probably cant cope with the increased rainfall this season, will not have the same standard of drainage that the Main pitch has. now  Ideally both areas would be similar, but isn't the training area council owned? 

I think Vale lease it ( could be wrong) but the training pitches look to be in very good condition. 

It was only churned up because the ground staff wouldn’t have addressed it yet ready for tomorrow.

Edited by MBE
  • Thanks 1