onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Middlesborough H EFL QF Tickets/Crowd

Valiant62

10 minutes ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

At first I was disappointed bit the game is still 4 weeks away and Matt Hancock is right, there will be spikes still to come. Pay day for a lot of people next week, then there's ST holders that are safe in the knowledge their seat is secured until the 5th, so no rush for them. This is Vale we're talking about, a lot of our fans leave everything last minute. With all that in mind, 6k isn't terrible. We have 4 weeks shift another 5k, which is more than achievable.

If we don't sell this out despite cutting the prices for kids, I'd be disappointed for Carol. And she may well wonder what is the realistic scope of our support if we can't shift a pretty modest number of tickets for a game of this magnitude.     

• Like 3

Advert

Disappointing numbers so far but still enough time to sell out, hoping good nmber of tickets sold in the next week following pay day for many.  I do think some people may be holding back on purchasing tickets as when I was booking tickets for friends in the Hamil last week, difficult to get 2 seats in a decent area together.  We have to sell out for this game, not sure what the capacity is for home, presume around the 11500 but if we can't get that, it will be very poor.   We have the likes of Notts County and Stockport getting near sell-outs for league 2 matches, surely for our first quarter final for 60+ years in a major competition, we have to have a full capacity Vale Park.

• Like 2

4 weeks to go? It isn’t a bad number at all. I reckon it will be about an 11k attendance. Which is basically a typical full house of Vale fans amongst those who will go to a big game. 

The only way we will get much bigger is a top 4 Prem side at home or Stoke. Remember how poor our FA cup tie attendance against Brentford was? 

46 minutes ago, smithie said:

If we don't sell this out despite cutting the prices for kids, I'd be disappointed for Carol. And she may well wonder what is the realistic scope of our support if we can't shift a pretty modest number of tickets for a game of this magnitude.     

Completely agree. I think the players deserve it too. If we don't sell out such a huge game, I'd be massively disappointed with our fan base, and pretty embarrassed too.

It's not happened yet though, let's see what happens in the next few weeks. Still hopeful given how long there is left.

16 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

4 weeks to go? It isn’t a bad number at all. I reckon it will be about an 11k attendance. Which is basically a typical full house of Vale fans amongst those who will go to a big game. 

The only way we will get much bigger is a top 4 Prem side at home or Stoke. Remember how poor our FA cup tie attendance against Brentford was? 

The overall capacity is 14k, 11k home fans.

Brentford in the 3rd round is nothing compared to a quarter final.

11 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Do you mean 11k attendance overall or just Vale fans, Middlesbrough will sell out 3000 easily, I don't think only 8000 Vale fans will attend, if there is it would be an awful showing and questions would be asked if we could ever become Championship ready by such poor numbers.  I do think numbers will increase, just hope that we get the sell out we deserve.  This is the quarter final of major cup competition with the chance to be in a semi final for the first time in 70 years, it should not matter if Middlesbrough, Man United or Mansfield, it should be full capacity.  I can't believe comparing a 3rd round match to a quarter final, as just posted it has no comparison at all.

Hoping that Mr baggaley was putting his Port Vale Stoke on trent live thing together   say from  last Mon then fair enough I do not think that's the figure that looks like nonsense to me .

I cannot believe so many season ticket holders ain't bought unless there waiting for pay day and get paid monthly .

If do not sell out be well titsed off with this area .

Port Vale are in the quarter finals of the league cup do you have to travel around the area   with a mega phone blasting it out 

Ffs 

Come on people be part of something special 

In the good days without all of these staggered releases it would be season ticket holders first choice but our seats were not reserved. We couldn't get our seats v Stoke, but tough. that's life. The amount of rules surrounding ticket sales and parts of stands netted off is a pretty sad state of affairs.

Just keep it simple. 

Edited by MelbourneValiant
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

That's really low so 4000 season ticket holders haven't bought tickets .

There's 42 Lorne Street tickets left and 102 hamil I've just counted them and we 5958 .

So I can only go by that that season ticket holders haven't got there tickets yet .

This 5th of Dec thing for season ticket  holders  has really has threw us all if that amount is true 👍

Can only hope we sell out .

I'm pretty disappointed in that low number mesen 

UTV 

Something doesn’t add up,42 Lorne st left and 102 Hamil, that’s around 5958, then there’s the Railway Paddock and stand I very much doubt we hav’nt sold any in those 2 stands.

31 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Something doesn’t add up,42 Lorne st left and 102 Hamil, that’s around 5958, then there’s the Railway Paddock and stand I very much doubt we hav’nt sold any in those 2 stands.

I think this reserving folks season tickets was a error .

First come first served .

So according to Baggers figures which could be pie in the sky.

3011 them so just under 9k be sold as soon as Boro can sell there's as I think they will sell out quickly personally .

How many can our ground hold used be 22.500 years ago probably 13.500 now .

So 4500 to sell in four weeks for a cup tie which if was played tomorrow and folk had to queue get them they would and it would build a buzz not giving folk till whatever date they set .

41 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

I think this reserving folks season tickets was a error .

First come first served .

So according to Baggers figures which could be pie in the sky.

3011 them so just under 9k be sold as soon as Boro can sell there's as I think they will sell out quickly personally .

How many can our ground hold used be 22.500 years ago probably 13.500 now .

So 4500 to sell in four weeks for a cup tie which if was played tomorrow and folk had to queue get them they would and it would build a buzz not giving folk till whatever date they set .

I have seen 22k v Stoke a few times, and Watford when the Bycars was standing but I think it was extended along with the Hamil to keep the same capacity when it eventually became all seating. I am sure Billy Bell said that the Lorne Street (When completed in 2035) would hold 5,000 people the same as when it was standing to keep the capacity at 22,500 (after a reduction following Hillsborough).

I think when we played Spurs, Watford, and Stoke the capacity was 24,000. The last time I saw more than 15k was when we played Arsenal Bill Bell announced 14k.