onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Middlesborough H EFL QF Tickets/Crowd

Valiant62

3 hours ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

Real shame seeing all these comments about returning to the Railway. I don't get this perception it's had a negative impact on the atmosphere. It was rubbish before this season, yet it's turned into this myth that the Railway was brilliant. It wasn't. Last season we rarely sang, and when we did, no one heard us. This season we rarely sing, but when we do it's much louder. I can vouch having sat in the posh seats so have been able to compare.

Personally just think it needs time for the Hamil to establish itself. It's trying to be too many things at the moment. A singing area, a family stand, a haven for Bycars regulars. Too many people with differing requirements and expectations. For me, it needs to be the end where the atmosphere is generated. Not a family stand, not the place to get the best view of the game, you go there to support the team. If you're in there this season and not singing, you can't complain about the atmosphere. Sing more.

It’s definitely had a negative effect on the Railway but on the other hand it’s a better atmosphere in the Hamil now than it was in the Bycars in recent times.  How long this lasts is impossible to predict.

There was always going to be a season or two of settling in.  You could just as easily have as many fans move in there next season as there are fans moving out.

Other than the performances on the pitch, the biggest factor which would affect all of the stands would be the opening of the “new” side of Lorne Street.

• Like 1

Advert

3 hours ago, CAVALIER said:

Atmosphere goes with what’s on the pitch. Play rubbish get rubbish

Think back to Swindon and Southampton. Hamil open, great games , great atmosphere.

Here here 

Spot on .

The teams performance makes the atmosphere .

Many a time up Vale if the  performance is up to the standard it needs be there's plenty of encouragement if like v Cheltenham what do folk actually expect  folk clapping like seals when what delivered on tge pitch was no more than a 3 out of 10 .

Swindon was a 8 Everton was a nine Reading was a 7 etc etc etc v Mansfield away the other week I'd say it was a 8 and the noise reflected all them wins 

UTV 

7 hours ago, CAVALIER said:

Atmosphere goes with what’s on the pitch. Play rubbish get rubbish

Think back to Swindon and Southampton. Hamil open, great games , great atmosphere.

Not sure about that… Leeds and Sunderland and Newcastle have massively underperformed at various stages throughout the last 10 seasons but they have always been noisy in my experience.

we suffer from the modern day trends of people checking their phones and bets  or waiting for a mistake to criticise or an opportunity of a misplaced pass to say to their mates see I told you he was crap instead of fully committing to give it their all for 90 minutes in terms of supporting the team.

The well know saying in football is that fans always get the team they deserve… 

I think we are enjoying a decent spell in our history with a real opportunity to progress further so my advice would be to enjoy it while we can and try and put petty differences of opinion to 1 side during the game and focus on making some noise instead of bursting into voice to obscenely chant about an opposition player when the mood takes us…. And yes I clapped john mgraths team off at Burnley when we were 7-0 down at half time.

utv.

• Confused 2

14 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

So far 5958 home tickets sold which is pretty good going with a fair amount of time to go.

That's really low so 4000 season ticket holders haven't bought tickets .

There's 42 Lorne Street tickets left and 102 hamil I've just counted them and we 5958 .

So I can only go by that that season ticket holders haven't got there tickets yet .

This 5th of Dec thing for season ticket  holders  has really has threw us all if that amount is true 👍

Can only hope we sell out .

I'm pretty disappointed in that low number mesen 

UTV 

1 hour ago, Guppys left peg said:

So far 5958 home tickets sold which is pretty good going with a fair amount of time to go.

Or season ticket holders have brought tickets in different seats to be able to sit with other friends and family?

but I agree, I’m very surprised the total sold is that low. Where has that been announced?

At first I was disappointed bit the game is still 4 weeks away and Matt Hancock is right, there will be spikes still to come. Pay day for a lot of people next week, then there's ST holders that are safe in the knowledge their seat is secured until the 5th, so no rush for them. This is Vale we're talking about, a lot of our fans leave everything last minute. With all that in mind, 6k isn't terrible. We have 4 weeks shift another 5k, which is more than achievable.

5 minutes ago, Richie D. said:

How come there seems to be much fewer that 5000-6000 empty seats available on the website? Are those images on the seat selection totally unrepresentative of tickets sold?

Season tickets are reserved until 5th Dec, so the seat is greyed out at the moment but not necessarily sold yet. Unless a lot of tickets go between now and the 5th, expect a approx 5,000 of those seats currently grey to turn green.

Edited by Family Stand Terrier