onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cheltenham T (H) match thread 28th Oct

Fosse69

25 minutes ago, Wrex said:

If we would have lost the last for games 7-0 then we would have stayed up so that is factually wrong, though we did appreciate you losing so meekly to us for a nice three points.

exactly, the fact we lost all 4 & stayed up proves DC would of just about kept us up too. I'd of give him the summer to rebuild again & stuck with him myself. Just my opinion 

Advert

1 minute ago, gags 64 said:
6 minutes ago, Vtid said:
that team emoji1318.png still loses yesterday for me, it's not the personal. It's the way we set up, lack of confidence, lack of ideas & tactics which is down to the management team. The yak should be one of the first names on the team sheet so the fact you've left him out over jones is pretty criminal. Wilson up top on his own? Give over mate emoji23.png

Had forgotten about the Yak so apologies on that one, yes definitely him in over Jones. Wilson for me is the best of a bad bunch at least he can control and pass a ball. Give me Harrison anytime over the dross we have available now

fair point & i agree with you but he can't play the lone striker. Willo needs someone next to him to play alongside but technically he's the best we have out of the 4 forwards. Just a shame he can't stay fit 

42 minutes ago, gags 64 said:

Our first choice side is currently decimated with players we have out injured

Yesterday's side if available would ideally have been more than good enough to beat Cheltenham

Ripley
Clark (rwb)
Balmer (rch)
Smith (ch)
Jones (lch)
Grant (lwb)
Ojo (mf)
Arblaster (mf)
Garrity (mf)
Chislett (mf)
Wilson (f)

Truth is our back up players to this 11 are nowhere near up to the standard required in league 1

How we get through the next 6-8 weeks until some of the injured get fit is a frightening thought and an unenviable task for Crosby or anyone else coming in if he gets hooked

The team that played yesterday hardly won a challenge, we don't have any physical strength bar Debrah (still learning the game at this level) and Ikpeazu (woefully unfit and off the pace)

After this week (can only see 2 defeats) I can't see where the next point is coming from for the whole of November, maybe a point at Shrewsbury. Warne won't be at Derby for too much longer so by the time we play them they'll have a new manager

The side we had out yesterday should still have been good enough to beat Cheltenham, who were also missing players, if only we had someone competent sending them out. Stop trying to find excuses. Crosby's team and squad, and even with everyone fit it's not good enough up front or at the back. End of.

47 minutes ago, gags 64 said:

Our first choice side is currently decimated with players we have out injured

Yesterday's side if available would ideally have been more than good enough to beat Cheltenham

Ripley
Clark (rwb)
Balmer (rch)
Smith (ch)
Jones (lch)
Grant (lwb)
Ojo (mf)
Arblaster (mf)
Garrity (mf)
Chislett (mf)
Wilson (f)

Truth is our back up players to this 11 are nowhere near up to the standard required in league 1

How we get through the next 6-8 weeks until some of the injured get fit is a frightening thought and an unenviable task for Crosby or anyone else coming in if he gets hooked

The team that played yesterday hardly won a challenge, we don't have any physical strength bar Debrah (still learning the game at this level) and Ikpeazu (woefully unfit and off the pace)

After this week (can only see 2 defeats) I can't see where the next point is coming from for the whole of November, maybe a point at Shrewsbury. Warne won't be at Derby for too much longer so by the time we play them they'll have a new manager

Correct,  I think the long term injuries will see for Crosby but then someone else will be in the same boat.  We’ve attempted to recruit to solve our striker issue but now we’ve been hammered in numerous other positions.

The biggest thing in my view was that as well as a glaring lack of tempo to our play right now we didn’t compete yesterday.  Maybe a new face in charge could change that, who knows, but Crosby and his staff need to get the players motivated so we see a clear reaction on Tuesday.

9 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Correct,  I think the long term injuries will see for Crosby but then someone else will be in the same boat.  We’ve attempted to recruit to solve our striker issue but now we’ve been hammered in numerous other positions.

The biggest thing in my view was that as well as a glaring lack of tempo to our play right now we didn’t compete yesterday.  Maybe a new face in charge could change that, who knows, but Crosby and his staff need to get the players motivated so we see a clear reaction on Tuesday.

You used be a player for Vale did you not .

What is your overall view of why Vale are the worst performing league one side this calendar year .

I'd agree with your post that's why I lost it yesterday there was no tempo there was no will and there was no fight .

Easily our bar first day stand off and watch opposition score goal after goal poorest performance of season 

Re : The ball boy 

It started before kick off, the liner  kept putting the spare ball on the cinder track as he wanted the hole grass area from track to touch line to run up and down the ball boy kept putting the cone and ball back on the grass  area and told the liner that was the spot for the ball the liner did not like it but new the ball boy was right and was after the lad all game so in the second half when he threw the ball to there player for a throw in  the player knocking the ball with is arm hitting is own player in the face with the ball the liner noted this and reported the ball boy to the fourth offical  and the lad was asked to leave the pitch by the steward.

For me we need to keep playing  2 up top, we dont have a goal scorer but surely 2 strikers , admitedly who dont score stand more chance of scoring than 1 striker who doesnt score.

Ripley cannot be our playmaker and when in possession on the halfway line its got to be forward passing, we wont score with the ball back at Ripleys feet. 

5 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

You used be a player for Vale did you not .

What is your overall view of why Vale are the worst performing league one side this calendar year .

I'd agree with your post that's why I lost it yesterday there was no tempo there was no will and there was no fight .

Easily our bar first day stand off and watch opposition score goal after goal poorest performance of season 

No, unfortunately the closest I got to playing for Vale was in my wet dreams.

My own view is that injuries and recruitment are the major, but not only, reasons.  Any of our previous managers would struggle to put a competitive team out right now but prior to this we all knew we lacked personnel in key areas and we’d also got a few “injury prone” players on the books.

It’s a fact of life that we don’t have a bottomless pit of money so it’s always going to be a balancing act investing money on playing staff or infrastructure.

1 hour ago, Oldgas said:

Hi guys, Gashead here. I wondered how Lofty was doing for you, I believe he was injured but now he’s playing doesn’t seem to be pulling up trees. He was the same with us, often unfit and when he was on the pitch was a bit of a donkey.

DC can’t manage above Conference/ L2. He’s ok bringing in players he knows such as Harrison and the Snake, but he can’t sign anyone he doesn’t know or has played for him before. He signed some absolute nightmares towards the end with us as he thrashed around completely out of his depth. We would have 100% been relegated if he’d stayed with us, and I’m sure you would have gone down last season had he stayed.

youre probably aware we sacked Barton this week. Whilst he’s never boring and tells it how it is, he’s too x rated and has a nasty habit of never taking the blame and throwing others under the bus to deflect responsibility. I guess what I’m saying is don’t canvas for him, you’ll find your club operating under a climate of fear, never healthy.

anyway, good luck for the future and beat Mansfield on Tuesday, I don’t like that smug <ovf censored> Clough.

He's atrocious. 

That's my summary. 

Had us over big time.

16 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

You reckon there should be no boos to an awful performance against a team that before today was completely adrift of the standard in this league?  

I never have and never, EVER will boo the Vale. It's insane. 

If you want the team to play better booing them is not a clever idea 

Personally I think if people pay their money they should be able to act how they want, but should also be called out for being cretins where applicable.

If you wanted to Boo after the game? Fine, perfectly reasonable

If you wanted to leave early? Fine, perfectly reasonable

If you wanted to clap? Fine, perfectly reasonable

If you wanted to Boo a Vale player before he had even kicked a ball? I think you're a cretinous buffoon, if they were <ovf censored>, boo them after the game, if they haven't even played yet, what are you booing for

If you want to go on Facebook and slag people off calling them seals for clapping at the end of the game? I think you aren't actually worth the time of day, people pay their money they can react how they like

32 minutes ago, Osh said:

I never have and never, EVER will boo the Vale. It's insane. 

If you want the team to play better booing them is not a clever idea 

good for you! i'm sorry but some performances like yesterday they need bloody booing. If fans pay their hard earned money, traveling home & away they deserve effort. They also have a right to boo. Some may not like yourself & that's fine 

3 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

Personally I think if people pay their money they should be able to act how they want, but should also be called out for being cretins where applicable.

If you wanted to Boo a Vale player before he had even kicked a ball? I think you're a cretinous buffoon, if they were <ovf censored>, boo them after the game, if they haven't even played yet, what are you booing for

If you want to go on Facebook and slag people off calling them seals for clapping at the end of the game? I think you aren't actually worth the time of day, people pay their money they can react how they like

bang on 👌🏻 

3 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

Agree with everything you said there, I booed them off at full time yesterday and rightfully so as those efforts put out were simply not good enough.  I can take losing even to poor teams but when I see a lack of fight and players pulling out of challenges I feel that booing is within my right.  Vale fans are no different to any other team, just  this minute watched a West Ham team who 4 months ago won a European Competition get booed off the pitch.  If people don't want to hear booing, think they are watching the wrong sport, it is part and parcel of the modern game and you get that up and down the country.

We have signed two big target man strikers when we needed one. Both are not fit. One has been questioned for ability. 

I just watched Calvert Lewin play target man. He scored and provided the way out for Everton all game. He had strength and mobility. He comes towards the area the ball can reliably be played to. He doesn't just stand there waiting for a keeper to welly it 80 yards broadly in his direction. 

Archived