onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cheltenham T (H) match thread 28th Oct

Fosse69

2 minutes ago, Osh said:

It's astonishing reading some of the posts in here and on FB.

They're talking about sacking the manager for a "<ovf censored> run" and replacing him with Ainsworth or Pearson who've just been sacked for a "<ovf censored> run"

If it wasn't so sad it would be funny. 

I get where Ur coming from but Ainsworth has overachieved at this level with Wycombe. Ok the step up to the Championship with QPR hasn't worked out for him but he has form at our level. Don't think he will come though.

Advert

7 minutes ago, Osh said:

They're talking about sacking the manager for a "<ovf censored> run" and replacing him with Ainsworth or Pearson who've just been sacked for a "<ovf censored> run"

i'd say more about sacking a manager who has no experience whatsoever for a manager who is proven at this level in regards to ainsworth. Jeez you really do defend everything. Deluded 

2 hours ago, Warren said:

We have signed two big target man strikers when we needed one. Both are not fit. One has been questioned for ability. 

I just watched Calvert Lewin play target man. He scored and provided the way out for Everton all game. He had strength and mobility. He comes towards the area the ball can reliably be played to. He doesn't just stand there waiting for a keeper to welly it 80 yards broadly in his direction. 

I expect he gets paid a bit more than our entire team though...

59 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Loft is a dreadful player. Was useless for Bristol at this level yet some thought he was a step up on a proven league 1 scorer. For me, I wouldn’t have him near the squad. Get Uche fit and starting with Thomas and see how we do. I don’t see the comparison between Uche and Loft, Uche has a good record at a higher level and is drastically short of fitness. Loft just isn’t very good. At all. Whoever’s decision it was to allow / let Harrison got and replace him with Loft needs moving on. 

Is that the Ellis Harrison who has scored 1 league 2 goal since August? Prolific...

25 minutes ago, Vtid said:

i'd say more about sacking a manager who has no experience whatsoever for a manager who is proven at this level in regards to ainsworth. Jeez you really do defend everything. Deluded 

No. I'm just not in the place you're in. Yet.

I'd give him until Jan 1st to return to the form we had only a short while ago. 

I think it was @BrianJohnson who said at the time: we're not as good as some seem to think, and we're not as bad as others think. 

I'd give him more time. 

What I think is worth remembering about loft and uche is that i believe they were very much signings borne out of necessity rather than a carefully planned strategy.  We clearly aren’t working a gameplan around them in order to build an attacking platform, you only have to go back to the promotion season to see how we used Proctor to bring others into the game in the final third, but that isn’t the case with uche or loft. They do need a bit of time and maybe even a January window to see who we can get in to play off them. 

1 hour ago, Osh said:

Most managers who get appointed will have had a failure at a club or been on an awful run, just like Clarke when he left us, that is why they are without a club, very few managers get sacked when on good runs unless you manage Birmingham.

28 minutes ago, Osh said:

No. I'm just not in the place you're in. Yet.

I'd give him until Jan 1st to return to the form we had only a short while ago. 

I think it was @BrianJohnson who said at the time: we're not as good as some seem to think, and we're not as bad as others think. 

I'd give him more time. 

fair enough, if this was to continue until 1st January there's a good chance it would be too late 

3 hours ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

I think you are wrong,

neither Loft or Ikpeazu are target men, they are both just big.

Also, I was at the game yesterday and I don't get where this 'Loft is the worst professional footballer I have ever seen' nonsense is coming from.

Whilst I don't think he was fantastic - Or even good - he did a few ok things in the game, I wonder if people are just short termist in their recollection of the game and only remember the last thing he did in the game - which I agree was shocking

At the same time, people wax lyrical about Uche but in my opinion, when he came on yesterday he did absolutely zero,

It's weird how we have two bad strikers but one is castigated and one is worshipped, I'll be honest, I would rather Loft played out of the 2 

Both are crap. Their records show that they are both crap. Which one is actually worse than the other is much of a muchness. We don't have a single decent League One level striker at the club.

38 minutes ago, Osh said:

When he turns this around, like he turned the Barnsley defeat round...?? 🤣🤣🤣

We've not won a game of football all season comfortably or emphatically. I'd love him to turn it around i just think he's out of his depth in his first managerial job especially at this level. Time will tell tho 👍🏻 

4 hours ago, Warren said:

Can he stay fit? 

This is my view. 

Calvert Lewin is a mobile target man. Everton try to play up and through him. He now has a good compatriot in Doucoure. 

Meanwhile a big dude Haaland is not a target man. City play through their skilful players and down the flanks. Haaland is very strong and very quick. But he doesn't touch the ball much except to get on the end of chances. 

He wasn't fit very often last season.

Archived