onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Very worrying how rivals have strengthened.  Nothing from us, looks like late night loan signings again.  If they don't come off, we are in doo doo.   Massive game Saturday now.  Plenty of winnable games to come at home, but charitable,  nice port vale, and the lack of striker goals is very worrying.   Did I read that DF and CS aren't considering relegation?  Well I am for sure.  I get we need to be sustainable,  and I get it's not my money,  but a little investment,  in the team now, could make them a million over 12 months, imo.

• Like 1

Advert

5 hours ago, darren1810 said:

...Not concerned with fanzones, rollover hotdogs, face painting, DJ ( who just seems to amuse himself), or old folks bingo. I want to see a team on the pitch with desire and intent. 

Too often we are able to predict what will happen ( Saturday a case in point).

All the extras and goodwill are great . But ultimately I pay for my 2 season tickets to see the action on the pitch. And it's poor fayre. 

Does any of that affect what happens on the pitch? Or, might it help to bring a little more money into the Club?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Armers4eng said:

Everything's fine

The port vale circus is in town

Robbie Williams at the helm!

Seriously they don't seem as bothered,   I don't think league tables or results are looked at.

Apparently we have good losses...

...and here is the clown!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Exeter made £6m in transfer revenue over their last 2 reported financial periods.

Carlisle have just been taken over by a consortium who are splashing their cash.

Wycombe were recently in the championship.

Good points IC! The village idiots on here don't think things through!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Does any of that affect what happens on the pitch? Or, might it help to bring a little more money into the Club?

What he's saying is that things off the pitch are seeming to take precedent over things on the pitch. All the fan zone, hot dogs, community hub, etc.. are great. But they're pointless and will bring in nowt if no one is coming because the first team is <ovf censored> and we're losing every week.

Edited by Mellor!
  • Like 5

49 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

What he's saying is that things off the pitch are seeming to take precedent over things on the pitch. All the fan zone, hot dogs, community hub, etc.. are great. But they're pointless and will bring in nowt if no one is coming because the first team is <ovf censored> and we're losing every week.

I know how to read. 

Things like the fan zone can't be taking precedence over players because they're from different budgets! If "pointless" things bring in extra money for the club, then they're not pointless - are they? And we're not losing every week - yes, we lost on Saturday...after 16 mins of football in 3 weeks and playing the top side who, maybe, were in poor form, but they're still top for a reason...and us having lost 2 of our best players! And we lost to a penalty that never was, 6 minutes from time. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, LancyTony said:

I was likening us to Ipswich, and the games when we've had dozens of shots and not scored - whilst the opposition has scored with each shot they've had! Wish we could be that cynical!

Give you that one as well.  I went with the opposition that plays us.

8 hours ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

Talking of the fan zone, it seemed very sparsely populated on Saturday fir a decent day. No queue at all for the beer

First time I've noticed that

They need to turn that music down (at the risk of sounding like an old man). It’s deafening even with the DJ shoved behind Tommy’s. I’d like to try a beer outside in the Fan Zone but just go straight in and have a beer in the ground. It’s not even like it’s a band playing original music. I could hear all of that on Signal One if I wanted

9 hours ago, LancyTony said:

If you don't know what we're spending, or where, then you're not qualified to make that statement! In any squad there will be less successful signings. But - are you just blaming those who don't score, or don't create chances? Or also blaming those who are injured and can't contribute to the team, so are not justifying their wages either?

We either don't have enough money to compete in this league

Or we have enough and haven't performed well with our signings

Or we are doing fine. Competitive in this league and our signings are working? 

I personally feel we do have money to be competitive - not top 7 but midtable. I also think we have some good players and I agree with the way the club are investing in the long term and the facilities. But I also feel we are underperforming on the pitch. What do you think? 

• Like 2