onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Just seen the Weir interview. Nice chap i can see him quickly becoming a fans favourite, reckon if his loan goes well & he enjoys himself there's a chance we could get him permanently ✍🏻  

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 6

Advert

43 minutes ago, robf said:

he may be tall but his ability (and that can be in question given his record) is more about the ball on the ground, rather than beating players with power/aerial ability. 

but he also isn't renowned for pace either

Is Reggie coming back?

• Haha 3

Losing Arblaster and then Devine could have been a travesty and really put us in trouble this season. But managing to replace them with Weir and Gore, two equally talented young players who will both be chomping at the bit to play, you really have to give lots of credit to the people at the club. We all want a decent striker brought in to the club but we also have to respect that it's probably the hardest position to find someone. Most clubs are desperate for a good striker and you're going to lose out to bigger and better teams that have more money a lot before you get a bit of luck.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, CollingwoodMagpies said:

These signings are embarrassing. Loan players, supposed to be championship ready. So crap. Sign some players for us. Carol is a joke. Stupid.

Extraordinary post, even by the standards of this thread

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

Losing Arblaster and then Devine could have been a travesty and really put us in trouble this season. But managing to replace them with Weir and Gore, two equally talented young players who will both be chomping at the bit to play, you really have to give lots of credit to the people at the club. We all want a decent striker brought in to the club but we also have to respect that it's probably the hardest position to find someone. Most clubs are desperate for a good striker and you're going to lose out to bigger and better teams that have more money a lot before you get a bit of luck.

Lots of humility coming from you just lately mate! It's refreshing to see 👊🏻 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Lots of humility coming from you just lately mate! It's refreshing to see 👊🏻 

Even my girlfriend has been calling me an annoying, miserable <ovf censored> just lately. So no harm in trying to be a glass half full person instead of half empty haha.

To be fair I feel like I've always given credit when I feel it's due though. I enjoy a bit of a moan and a rant, but would much rather give out praise and pats on the back.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Klopp is a brilliant manager

Under rated in my humble opinion 

If he leaves LFC , I'd like see him

As the next England manager 👍

You know what NN - thats not a bad call 👍👍👍

2 hours ago, JRC said:

Crosby is pretty open in his interviews. I suspect it is unlikely we will be making a permanent signing for a sizeable fee this window. 

My money would be Hudlin as the forward. No secret we wanted him in the summer. Huddersfield have signed a couple of forwards.  They need to make a decision about what to do with him in the summer.

LWB probably Zac Sturge as Chelsea want him to go out somewhere. Didn't do well at Peterborough. 

I'd hoped we'd be in for Charlie Kirk but that seems unlikely.  

I have my doubts about Hudlin. I expect us to go in a different direction with the Striker rather than a big lad to hold the ball up.

With Weir and Gore coming into the team I expect us to revert back to more build up play rather than being a little more direct to Uche. Just me reading between the lines.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Clarke Harris, 550k of guaranteed greatness who would be worth every penny.

On a lower value note, Will Goodwin who went from Cheltenham to Oxford will be an absolutely great signing as a striker. Only 21. We should have been in there👌

Outstanding how many has JCH scored this season and how many games Goodwin played,so if we had spent near on 1m on those 2 and they scored 5 each what would you be saying then?? 

You cant say any player will guarantee greatness,thats silly

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MBE said:

I have my doubts about Hudlin. I expect us to go in a different direction with the Striker rather than a big lad to hold the ball up.

With Weir and Gore coming into the team I expect us to revert back to more build up play rather than being a little more direct to Uche. Just me reading between the lines.

Can't imagine Uche, Loft and Hudlin on the books at the same time. 

• Like 5