onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

I would like to think we could make a cheeky bid for Harry Cardwell at Southend. I think he could be a late developer like Paul Mullin. He is a six feet three centre forward who has scored twelve goals this season.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

The amount of time's that you have to go around in circles on here is crazy and it just spams the board.

At the time, you were many other people on here that it was never a penalty. Even people in the happy clappers club agreed that it was not penalty but you still think it was for some bizarre reason.

The ball for the cross was out of play and again people on here told you it was but you will not listen.

Out of all the possession we had in that 30 minutes you mentioned, how many chances did we have? I already know the answer but I will wait for your reply on it.

How many chances did Peterborough miss on the counter attack in the second half?

Can I add my two penneth sorry. 

For all the huffing and puffing we'd still be Port Vale nil now. The Peterborough keeper could of lit up a big Cuban in a deckchair.  Powderpuff display by Vale. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Do you know for 100% that is not a thing?

A player that leaves a club whilst still under contract gets paid up

I have to say that's quite unbelievable tbf,do you speak to many players? or anyone in pro football? just wondering

17 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

So you gave dealt and seen players contracts to say the above?

Are you sure that you aren't getting mixed up with if a player is released by mutual consent(thus terminating a contract)? if that happens then it is often agreed by club and player a settlement on their contract but if they just talk to another club with the permission of his current club and then signs for the club he is talking to then his current club will pay nothing

Edited by werstayinup
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I have to say that's quite unbelievable tbf,do you speak to many players? or anyone in pro football? just wondering

You are being polite, of course it isn't true. I see footballers every week and I will ask next time I see one to confirm to Brian seeing as logic isn't enough. I think he is getting mixed up with players who agree to mutual termination of contracts but even then they do not get paid the full amount owed. 

Edited by WV
  • Thanks 1

The rumours you see these days are amazing. Just pick any of our inform players (if we have any) and he is moving higher, anyone injured and we may be in for him 🤪

When we signed Slaven I was in the know, but there was no social media, just JR's big smile and him wishing we he being able to get him to sign years before.

Oh and Guppy, I knew he was off his girlfriend/partner bought him golf lessons off me and then phoned to say he could not come because it was too far to travel, asked for a refund.

11 minutes ago, WV said:

You are being polite, of course it isn't true. I see footballers every week and I will ask next time I see one to confirm to Brian seeing as logic isn't enough. I think he is getting mixed up with players who agree to mutual termination of contracts but even then they do not get paid the full amount owed. 

If he did go for less than his contract, then he may have a case. So if money was offered say £50 million for Uche he would I presume want a % or any profit or else he would say I aint moving, but then he would not earn anymore money in wages. 

But yes to move he would have to agree to terminate

32 minutes ago, familystander said:

Screenshot_20240122_141206_X.jpg

Ethan's move will have to wait as we've got Liam Brazier's transfer to Barcelona, Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich, Bayer Leverkusen, PSG, Marseille, Nice, Juventus, Benfica or Rangers to complete first... :whistling:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

The amount of time's that you have to go around in circles on here is crazy and it just spams the board.

At the time, you were many other people on here that it was never a penalty. Even people in the happy clappers club agreed that it was not penalty but you still think it was for some bizarre reason.

The ball for the cross was out of play and again people on here told you it was but you will not listen.

Out of all the possession we had in that 30 minutes you mentioned, how many chances did we have? I already know the answer but I will wait for your reply on it.

How many chances did Peterborough miss on the counter attack in the second half?

Its all down to opinions, Vale players thought it was a pen, some fans thought so too. The ref didn't. I have seen a still photo of Uche's cross when we scored and at point of contact with the ball it is not completely over the line. Should of stood for me but again ref/ linesman have to make an instant decision and they didn't have the advantage of that still photograph. VAR  might have been the difference between winning and losing, but i am not convinced yet of the advantages of VAR . At least we have incidents to debate

• Like 2