onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

20 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

When we're worrying about a striker possibly leaving who's scored all of one goal for us, you know there are some major things that need addressing at the club and quickly.

Wycombe & Charlton will both know Uche isn't a prolific goalscorer, that's not why they'd be interested in signing him, it's the other side of his game.

• Like 3

Advert

Nice of us to pay wages to a half-fit player so he can get himself set up with another club once he's not knackered after 20 minutes. Very charitable. Then again, how are we expected to compete with the wages that a club like Wycombe <ovf censored> Wanderers are offering. They don't seem to be hampered by the market prices for strikers/ the exorbitant prices in the January transfer window.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Sam Kelly&#x27;s Left Boot said:

Wycombe & Charlton will both know Uche isn't a prolific goalscorer, that's not why they'd be interested in signing him, it's the other side of his game.

You'd imagine Alfie May would be a great foil for him at Charlton. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Loft is here for two years, so no doubt will still have plenty of chances to shine with Wilson’s injury record.

I’d like to see him play with JW and Chizzy.  Might be no coincidence Uche’s recent better form has correlated with Willo’s return and Ethan playing better with our recent change to playing 2 up front too.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

When we're worrying about a striker possibly leaving who's scored all of one goal for us, you know there are some major things that need addressing at the club and quickly.

This is where I'm sure a lot of Vale fans go to games and watch with eyes closed.

It's not the goals it's his all round game where he pulls players out of position so Wilson and Chislett can shine .

What happens when he goes who creates the space for those players to shine .

Do you watch the games fella 

29 minutes ago, robf said:

Uche's also played in Turkey, Scotland and Wales. In terms of English clubs alone, he's had spells with us, Cambridge, Blackpool and Middlesbrough. All over the place. I'm not sure on that evidence he has any geographical preference.

However, I suspect he does have a preference for contract length and wages (which is fair enough). 

Frankly you think he’d want stability and the benefit of that has started to show. I’m sort of hoping it is a plan to negotiate a contract with us rather than desperately looking to leave. Maybe we gave him an offer and said he can go ahead and see if he can get better from these other clubs. 

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Won’t get much though for someone with 6m left on his contract. We have to have a replacement lined up ahead of letting him go. We can’t make the same error for what the 3rd window in the row. Hes apparently on a decent wage, we’ve got him fit and now he will move on. No chance we find a better replacement this window. Step up super Ryan loft 

We might not have  choice if he wants to go; if he 'downs-tools' or becomes negative in the dressing room and then leaves at the end of the season whats the point in keeping him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

You'd imagine Alfie May would be a great foil for him at Charlton. 

My guess is that's exactly what they're thinking. When you already have L1's top scorer, Uche would be the perfect foil for him. So I hope Vale are bearing this in mind when they negotiate a decent fee for him and have a replacement in the bag before we let him go. Otherwise, it would be a massive act of self-harm.

Assuming, of course, that all these rumours are true...

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

I’d like to see him play with JW and Chizzy.  Might be no coincidence Uche’s recent better form has correlated with Willo’s return and Ethan playing better with our recent change to playing 2 up front too.

We saw that V Blackpool. He was brilliant. Gave Willow more space, which meant he had more time with the ball. 

We need a “unit” with Wilson for him to be effective. Can’t see many like Uche around. Stevenage just got some big bloke off Bradford on loan who looks good. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vtid said:

Maybe we bringing in this young lad from non league or him from bradford 🤷🏼‍♂️ Big Uche just getting into form of late so would be a bad move for me. Biggest pain in the arse we have 

we wont be paying over 200k for a striker so it wont be Young

My guess would be a young loan

I don't know why people are having a mental breakdown. I never said Ikpeazu doesn't have some worth as a player. I would also prefer to keep him now that we've got him fit at long last. But we've lost considerably better players in the past and done alright. There's not a chance the club would allow him to leave unless they had an adequate replacement. Surely. But whatever you think of him, he's a striker that scores less goals than some defenders. That's a fact, not an opinion.

• Like 2