onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:

The January curse strikes again at vale. Going backwards, needed our Director of Flicks to come up trumps over the next two weeks

Think the two loans we have already  brought in clearly state the quality our DOF looks to bring to Vale.

Perhaps we should stick with signing donkeys as they won't get Recalled!

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Advert

1 minute ago, andy jones said:

Think the two loans we have already  brought in clearly state the quality our DOF looks to bring to Vale.

Perhaps we should stick with signing donkeys as they won't get Recalled!

Loans. That is the issue. We’re not progressing. We can’t do this every window. Need some permanent signings. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Like Arblaster, I really wish him all the best. Think he got better strangely as we started struggle and thrived in that deeper role. Always gave his best and at times along with Ollie gave more effort than some of our own players. 

A real shame and think it leaves us seriously weak, but that is the risk with loans and as much as I love these quality young players coming here, it’s not exactly progressing us. We’re now lower mid table and have lost our two best players, we need some decent permanent signings and given this recall (and arblasters) was always on the cards from day 1, I expect DF to have some replacements lined up. And hopefully not more loans.

Hope Alfie does well at Plymouth as they have had similar issues to us. Expect him to do well at that level 

Would you not agree that bringing in players like The Blaster and Devine helps develop our players, too.  For example, do you not think the Chis is playing better in and around them; it cant possibly be a one-way-street, can it...??

• Like 6

1 hour ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Bristol City fan mate of mine mentioned they're probably going to loan out Sam Bell, Mickey Bell's lad. Could be a good option. Plays with Ollie and Alfie in the U20s.

he looked quality last night against the hammers 🔥 

7 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Personally I think we’re done if we’re having to play Lowe in midfield. We’ve looked hopeless whenever he’s been moved there. He’s a steady CB but we can’t have him in midfield

If it happens it’d only be a short term measure but certainly not a viable option for more than that. Say what you will about other areas of the pitch but since being here Flitcrofts work in recruiting midfielders has been really good so it’s an area of the pitch I’m more optimistic we could cover.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Loans. That is the issue. We’re not progressing. We can’t do this every window. Need some permanent signings. 

Since when have we been a club that only signs loans? There's a time and place for permanent signings and that's the summer when there is best value for money from a big list of out of contract players.

Our permanent signings last summer upped the overall quality of the team.

If the club is getting to sign loans from Premier league clubs to go with our own permanent players improving season on season what's there to worry about?

Edited by andy jones
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Osh said:

Would you not agree that bringing in players like The Blaster and Devine helps develop our players, too.  For example, do you not think the Chis is playing better in and around them; it cant possibly be a one-way-street, can it...??

Definitely but will he be the same now they have both left? I think it just leaves us in <ovf censored> place and probably worse than in the summer as now we have to deal without them. It’s great to see them down the vale but I just see how it progresses us unless we get one good season. Like Plymouth last year 

3 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Since when have been a club that only signs loans? There's a time and place for permanent signings and that's the summer when there is best value for money from a big list of out of contract players.

Our permanent signings last summer upped the overall quality of the team.

If the club is getting to sign loans from Premier league clubs to go with our own permanent players improving season on season what's there to worry about?

I’m not saying that at all am I. What do you mean what is there to worry about? We’re now left with nothing in midfield as our two best players have left (and in a very tough window to replace them) my big worry is I thought those two were carrying us and I think we will struggle without them and yes the two loan signings seem good but in the summer they will go back and we’re back to square one again. A mix is required, hence why I want a couple of permanent signings this month. 

• Like 1

Loans are a massive part of EFL squads and in fairness we only had 4 first half of the season of which 2 were regulars so its not like we've heavily relied on it, most sides who do well often have a couple of big influences by Loan players, Elliott Anderson and the Stoke centre half at Rovers a couple of years back ,McAtee at Barnsley this season etc etc.

We've had a lot of loan players in the past but this is the first time we have actually had 2 or 3 that have really worked out and been a huge hit, of often looked on in envy as to how certain clubs seem to fall on good loan players regularly whilst we end up with the Thierry Small and Liam McCarron's more often than not so surely its a positive thing?

Its been a pleasure watching the talent of Arblaster and Devine running our midfield, the Mansfield game for example they were unplayable and would rather have 5 months of them doing that than none at all.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, MBE said:

Garrity long term injury, Ojo injured medium term, Sang struggling with injury and Weir is more of an advanced player, Walters is learning.  We are very very short mate.  

I think your being a bit short sighted if you think its Alfie's stats to replace.

We'll be rate. It's not like Devine was tearing it up every week. He had some good games, some poor ones. Ultimately I expected more from him in terms of goals and assists output all things considered. He was better played deeper but he didn't really start to do that until quite recently.

• Like 1