onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

5 minutes ago, Osh said:

Rumour I heard today is Conlon is going to 'Nam and Cass is off to Harrogate 

I think the Conlon one seems more than plausible. It’s clear he has no future here if can’t even make the matchday squad and DC loves him. Him and Pett can team up in the middle there again. Cass I can see a drop to L2 maybe doing him some good.

• Like 1

Liam Brazier being tracked (according to the Sun, not going to link) by Dortmund, Bayern, Leverkusen, PSG, Marseille, Nice, Juventus, Benfica, Rangers, Brentford, Wolves, West Ham, Bournemouth, Palace, and Fulham 

Worth £750,000.

Seems like a monumental load of rubbish pushed by an agent, but something to discuss and evidence of the much-improved academy process if even one of those clubs know who Brazier is.

I was very sceptical about chucking money into the academy, but the Youth Cup run + the emergence of Plant, McDermott, Walters, and Shorrock suggests its bearing fruit. Well done Vale. 

EDIT: Sorry, just seen it's already been mentioned. Again, feel like its the work of an agent. I remember Sam Johnson being linked with Celtic (the press mixed him up with Sam Johnstone of Man Utd) and James Lawrie attracting the attention of all and sundry.

Edited by JoeB2

18 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Conlon and Cass not in squad for last few weeks

Smith and Uche not in first 11 recently

Wouldnt be surprised if any / all the above are not with us by end Jan

?? What about Crosby ?

Can't see Smudger going. I'd be happy if Uche and/or Loft went. Think Loft is getting better but still not the right bloke for me. I'd also love to see Massey moved on too. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Osh said:

Can't see Smudger going. I'd be happy if Uche and/or Loft went. Think Loft is getting better but still not the right bloke for me. I'd also love to see Massey moved on too. 

I’m presuming with Loft he might have made an appearance for Rovers at some point probably in the pizza trophy so if that’s the case we are probably stuck with him.

Why? the big rush to offload uche. Goal scoring isnt his strength but he always gives 100% and isnt fully fit. when ive seen him play he brings much needed strength up top and creates space for others the only poor games he has had are when hes left isolated with no support and had a hand in both goals on tuesday.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Santa said:

There seems to be a hell of a lot of hype / PR being fed to the press about some of our academy players. I don’t know where it’s coming from and I’m not sure it will do them much good in the long run. 

Maybe why Walters representatives think he deserves a bigger contract offer

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

What other good signings did we make? Iacovetti is very poor. Chislett and Deborah great signings. Devine and Arblaster as well but both will probably go back. The rest have been very poor 

I'd reinstate VW's Ripley and add Mitch Clark and the contract extensions for Ojo and Plant.

2 hours ago, WV said:

God forbid we have another window where we sign players like Ripley, Debrah,  Arblaster, Devine, Chislett and Iacovetti

Yak has been okay at best. Hampered by injury. 

Debrah has been quality most games.

Sang is inconsistent but when is on form he can change a game

As good as Arblaster and Devine have been they are complete chancer signings and not even permanent! Young lads who again have been bright sparks in this team, but on paper were very much a risk!

Ripley is very much at the minute hit and miss off his line way too much but is a good stopper I actually contribute this more to the coaching staff however.

Chislett has been the best permanent signing.

Don't even want comment on loft much more than when I see his name on the teamsheet I order two more ales at the bar to help me get through it😅

I wouldn't say the summer was a failure but we've certainly had dud signings and I'd dare say more were unspectacular than positive.

For me in January we need two more attacking/athletic wingback so Ripley has an option either side to distribute the ball to them and get us up the pitch more quickly and more direct. 

Edited by MiddleportValiant

44 minutes ago, Osh said:

Rumour I heard today is Conlon is going to 'Nam and Cass is off to Harrogate 

I dont think it will be any surprise if Conlon ends up at Cheltenham as he was certainly unhappy with how DC was sacked,as for Cass it seems league 2 could be his level,so i wouldn't be upset if both left

I dont think it will be any surprise if Conlon ends up at Cheltenham as he was certainly unhappy with how DC was sacked,as for Cass it seems league 2 could be his level,so i wouldn't be upset if both left
Thank god you said Cheltenham, I've been trying to figure out who 'nam are for half an hour
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3