onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Re signing.

Ben

I really don't understand the stick Rob Taylor gets? Considering he came from non-league he isn't a bad player imo. I know he is hardly Steve Guppy(tbh few players in the English game fullstop have been in the last 20 years but that's another issue!) but I honestly don't think there are too many better left wingers we could hope to sign considering the position the club is in.

Admittedly he is inconsistent(again what players aren't in league two) but he is capable of scoring goals which is a rare commodity in the lower leagues and shouldn't be dismissed like it doesn't matter(as some are 'oh I'd have released him' blah blah blah).

Also some of this stick is coming from posters who rated Marshall, a player for me who was average to poor in the extreme and couldn't hit a cows **** with a shovel in the shooting stakes.

Yes football is all about opinions and I like everyone want us to desperately sign a few better players but not at the expense of getting rid of players who can actually help us achieve more. When all is said and done Goals win Games not pretty passing, good tackling and 100% effort!

Advert

Vale attacker signs a new two year deal today!

Really happy that we have finally signed him up, we all know how key he has been over the years, it should be a great morale boost for the lads and give other players the confidence to join a club that is on the up.

If he can stay fit for the whole season their is no doubt that we will get promoted, after seeing off competition from the likes of Chesterfield and Rotherham it is brilliant that he has decided to stay.

http://www.port-vale.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10381~2778372,00.html

Silly thread. Glad it got merged.

Ha ha ha.

Rob Taylor beats full backs at ease. He's the only geniune threat we've got in midfield. Scored 10 from the wing a season or so ago. Was playing full back for the majority of games this season.

Vale fans are morons. I'm pleased we've signed Taylor. I wouldn't have kept Williamson though.

Rob Taylor beats full backs at ease. He's the only geniune threat we've got in midfield. Scored 10 from the wing a season or so ago. Was playing full back for the majority of games this season.

Vale fans are morons. I'm pleased we've signed Taylor. I wouldn't have kept Williamson though.

totally agree, williamson looks to have a decent first touch but never shoots, hence 2 goals!

He can play up-front, left-mid and left-back. Good player to have incase we have a big injury list.

In my opinion his best position is up-front.

Wingers at any level are inconsistent. Look at the Premiership, how many wingers (the likes of Downing, Lennon, Walcott, Bale) CONSISTENTLY "beat their man and deliver a quality ball" like all the moronic Vale fans insist our 4TH DIVISION wingers must do every game?

Let's been realistic here.

as i stated previously , if these are two squad players then no problem . both players can be useful coming off the bench but i would not pick them for a starting 11 unless they dramatically improve . taylor cannot stay fit and his form is erratic , williamson is quick but does not appear ruthless infront of goal . sign richards and peoples opinions will change quickly and become more positive.

unfortunately the culture at vale park for the last ten years has been nothing other than losing our best players , getting relegated and signing (in the majority ) dross. until fans see our best players being retained and quality new blood being brought in peoples opinions will remain down beat.

My problem is that the majority of the current crop have been here for the awful 3 years we have spent in the division and not managed the play offs once.

Micky openly stated last week that no other clubs have come in for the out of contract players, (We all knew Griff was going) that says enough for me.

I would have liked half of the players he offered contracts to to have been offered and then 7 or 8 new faces better than what we have. If everyone signs wont we have a squad of roughly 20? Hardly going to bring in many more is he?

I want to be optimistic, i really do but our current crop of lads are too inconsistent. They seem to get close to the mix and then bottle it against a Barnet or a Morecambe. It really isnt good enough.

3 years has been plenty for most of them and they have failed us.

Il be there first day of the season, whoever we play, singing my heart out because i love the club but unless Micky makes a few real eye opener signings then im afraid i fear many of you will be in for another disappointing season.

Wingers at any level are inconsistent. Look at the Premiership, how many wingers (the likes of Downing, Lennon, Walcott, Bale) CONSISTENTLY "beat their man and deliver a quality ball" like all the moronic Vale fans insist our 4TH DIVISION wingers must do every game?

Let's been realistic here.

Good post!!!

Players like Walcott get unnecessary stick all the time you cant pick out a player in the box all the time they invented things called defenders that try and stop this from happening and their's usually more of them than attackers!

Archived