onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Port Vale

Fosse69

10 minutes ago, Warren said:

I think there are robust comments. That's it. Football is like that. The confidence of players is overwhelmingly affected by what happens on the pitch. Keep losing, make too many mistakes, lose confidence. 

I don't know whether Port Vale have harmed or developed Donnelly. If he hadn't been used as a saviour centre half and played at left wing back / left back, his development would have been helped much more. 

His first game was steady all be it against a Cheltenham team who were awful and hardly challenged him, he seemed to gain a bit of confidence after his goal against MKDs but he hasn’t improved since he’s been here, is that down to bad coaching or just simply not good enough, I don’t know but he has certainly been given enough game time to show he can make it and I haven’t seen anything to show he is any where ready for league football.

Advert

27 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Well either way mate the recruitment and track record in that position has been laughable. 

Almost as with the goalkeeper we've gone back to the original choice.

Benning,Hussey,Small,Mcarron ,Robinson and then full circle back to Benning.

Hussey was ok.

15 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

This is a forum where people can express their opinions, I would not do the same on Facebook, Twitter etc. and if what you say is true, I hope it does get back to him and we do not sign him, he is garbage. Players should not come on the Vale forum, pretty well all the players have been slated some time by someone. UTV.

You seem to have missed my point but never mind, you carry on hurling abuse at people if it makes you feel better. 
UTV 

2 hours ago, philpvfc said:

When was the last time any of these won anything?

Man Utd won the EFL Cup this season. Going up to the pinnacle Argentina became World Champions playing 433. Real Madrid won the Champions League and La Liga playing with a back 4. 

14 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

I watched the goals again from yesterday. It would be kind to say that it was schoolboy defending.

The first goal....just head it out for a corner. Absolute basic. I like Forrester, he does a lot of good things but he needs to cut these brain farts out of his game...it's not the first time that's happened.

The second goal was just dreadful. Firstly the initial pass should have been cut out...I'm not sure who it was but he basically missed the ball when sliding in...then Benning should have got to the ball first and smashed it out of play. Then rather than showing the lad on the outside he allows him to run across the edge of the penalty area. Then nobody even attempts to press the ball or block the shot. He had so much time and space to pick his spot.

The 3rd goal was just ball watching and runners not being tracked. As Crosby said, we can't keep making it so easy for teams to score against us. If they aren't up to this level then that's fine, but we need to sort out quickly who is, otherwise we'll be next season's Forest Green.

Still flabbergasted that people were celebrating staying up off the back of other results and knocking it around at 3-1 down to help with goal difference. The only person worthy of applause at the end was Plant who showed some real drive and determination when he came on. I wasn't clapping the rest.

i don't understand this view point. We stayed up off the back of our own results over the course of the season For the teams below us when we were good they were much poorer and now we aren't as good they are still poorer. We didn't get to play more games than anyone else or different teams do we? 

4 hours ago, philpvfc said:

His first game was steady all be it against a Cheltenham team who were awful and hardly challenged him, he seemed to gain a bit of confidence after his goal against MKDs but he hasn’t improved since he’s been here, is that down to bad coaching or just simply not good enough, I don’t know but he has certainly been given enough game time to show he can make it and I haven’t seen anything to show he is any where ready for league football.

Could it have something to do with playing in a side bereft of confidence and various key players?  Also, he has played non-stop, at his age it would have been beneficial for him to have been used mor sparingly. 

13 minutes ago, The French Connection said:

Could it have something to do with playing in a side bereft of confidence and various key players?  Also, he has played non-stop, at his age it would have been beneficial for him to have been used mor sparingly. 

We lost our entire set of forwards and couldn't hold the ball up front as well as not scoring enough goals. In defence it was a big surprise to me when Donnelly was made the solution in the back three. He was surely brought in to cover the left wing back position or to become first choice there.

Being completely wedded to a 5 at the back system 4411, 433, 442 etc. were not at least tried. When conceding too many goals then surely change in formation should be tried. You never know we might tackle the opposition in midfield and break down attacks there instead of lining up waiting for the opposition to cross it. 

26 minutes ago, The French Connection said:

Maybe, but I don’t think so. Players like Forrester have impressed despite Vales recent form, Robinson has shown promise at times, Plant has played well in his few games and even McDermott looked promising despite being played out of position. Donnelly may well do a lot better in a lower division to then work his way up but atm, he is not anyway near the level needed.

14 minutes ago, ValeGez said:

It’s quite clear in the original post , perhaps you need to read it again and work it out .

Nope, I can’t. You seem to take offence about fans expressing their negative opinions about players on an open forum in case they read these opinion’s. If you’d like to explain another cryptic message in your post then please explain.

I don’t think Donnelly is a league 1 centre half at the moment. But I think he’s done well here for us. We wouldn’t have brought him in expecting to play this many games. He’s only 19, and he’s been chucked in right at the deep end. He puts the effort in. I don’t think he’s been catastrophic by any means. He’s done well enough to keep us up. Wish him all the best for his career and hope he has a long career in the football league.

18 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Nope, I can’t. You seem to take offence about fans expressing their negative opinions about players on an open forum in case they read these opinion’s. If you’d like to explain another cryptic message in your post then please explain.

It’s not about negative opinions, it’s the abusive way in which these so called ‘opinions’ are made which is the problem. 
However if it suits you, makes you feel better and you think it’s in order then carry on . 
I just don’t agree with it but you don’t seem to like that either .

Archived