onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Portsmouth v Port Vale

Fosse69

Reading what's happening in the Championship at the minute shows the dangers of overreaching yourselves.

BTW it looks to me like huge input from the Coates family makes Stoke the exception to the rule in the Championship yet many fans scream for a change of owner when things go wrong.

Similarly at the Vale. Despite our recent history there's plenty of idiots who still want us to overstretch ourselves at every opportunity particularly this last transfer window in January.

Advert

7 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Reading what's happening in the Championship at the minute shows the dangers of overreaching yourselves.

BTW it looks to me like huge input from the Coates family makes Stoke the exception to the rule in the Championship yet many fans scream for a change of owner when things go wrong.

Similarly at the Vale. Despite our recent history there's plenty of idiots who still want us to overstretch ourselves at every opportunity particularly this last transfer window in January.

Agreed, but 'Surviving in League 1' isn't the ambitious football club that some deluded Vale fans think they DESERVE.

No joke, on Facebook the other day there was some idiot who was saying that we Vale fans deserved a new LWB and striker in January.

In my opinion we deserve <ovf censored> all, our fanbase is so fickle it's embarrasing

1 hour ago, andy jones said:

Don’t expect over stretch but do expect ambition, we lost Hall, Charsley and Mipo. Surely we could have replaced those 3 with as good, if not better but no, we sign 2 poor loan signings last minute. Better recruitment, not necessarily more money spent and we would not be in the position we are in now.

58 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

Agreed, but 'Surviving in League 1' isn't the ambitious football club that some deluded Vale fans think they DESERVE.

No joke, on Facebook the other day there was some idiot who was saying that we Vale fans deserved a new LWB and striker in January.

In my opinion we deserve <ovf censored> all, our fanbase is so fickle it's embarrasing

What! We certainly needed a new LWB and a striker in January. I can’t see what’s so embarrassing in asking for that?

46 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

What! We certainly needed a new LWB and a striker in January. I can’t see what’s so embarrassing in asking for that?

I've even seen people say they would like a pitch with more grass than sand on it next season and that they are not happy wading through piṣs in the Railway Stand toilets every game!!!!!1!!!!

So bloody entitled!! 😡😡😡

13 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

Portsmouth fans will be singing in no particular order, is that all you take away?, Can we play you every week?, Port vale get battered everywhere they go, we can see you sneaking out and is there a fire drill. It's a long way travel watch us get thrashed.

But we are Vale..."we'll win when we want"

7 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Don’t expect over stretch but do expect ambition, we lost Hall, Charsley and Mipo. Surely we could have replaced those 3 with as good, if not better but no, we sign 2 poor loan signings last minute. Better recruitment, not necessarily more money spent and we would not be in the position we are in now.

Have we lost Mipo? Don’t recall the club announcing he’s gone back.

7 hours ago, Mellor! said:

I've even seen people say they would like a pitch with more grass than sand on it next season and that they are not happy wading through piṣs in the Railway Stand toilets every game!!!!!1!!!!

So bloody entitled!! 😡😡😡

I know. Vale fans are so fickle, it’s embarrassing. I even heard a whisper of complaint that someone’s ticket wouldn’t scan. What the hell do Vale fans want? Go to the back of the queue and buy another ticket, so demanding!

3 hours ago, philpvfc said:

I know. Vale fans are so fickle, it’s embarrassing. I even heard a whisper of complaint that someone’s ticket wouldn’t scan. What the hell do Vale fans want? Go to the back of the queue and buy another ticket, so demanding!

Vale fans are fickle, as much as you try to ridicule me you aren't changing that fact, sorry phil

Looking forward to this game/trip :-

Another ground crossed off the list

If (and it's apparently been denied), Darrell did in fact apply for the job and was/was not interviewed/offered the position it's a chance for him to show them what they are missing.

It's a chance for the players to show that last week was a complete 'blip' and actually give us something to believe in.

It looks likely to be a really good following for such a distance and given our current form, so yet again the travelling fans deserve a team performance worthy of the fans' commitment.

Most importantly, another 3 points in the offing and no reason why we can't look to bring them home and put another nail in the spectre of a relegation worry.

Can't pick a side as I have no idea who's fit and who isn't, therefore no score prediction, I just hope the 11 that take the field along with any subs that come on give everything they have and leave nothing on the pitch.

Heading down Saturday early doors, stopping over-night in Gosport and planning on seeing HMS Victory Sunday and possibly the Mary Rose as well if we have time.

See you all there, Up the Vale.   

19 hours ago, dazzerjames said:

Aren’t Colchester 21st in league 2 , even with Conner ‘the rock’ Hall. The myth is always better than the man !

That injury list isn’t anyone’s fault it’s really bad luck

And Donnelly has played well in most games.

Demonstrates the ongoing appeal of our former players when most end up leaving for clubs doing even worse. 

Who was the last guy who left Vale for better? The only one who indisputably has would be Sam Morsey ages ago! 

Just now, TJHValiant said:

Demonstrates the ongoing appeal of our former players when most end up leaving for clubs doing even worse. 

Who was the last guy who left Vale for better? The only one who indisputably has would be Sam Morsey ages ago! 

He's the stand out of players that we essentially released. Danny Whitaker did alright but that's clutching at straws. You can't count Hugill as I'm sure we would have liked to keep him. So many of the 2012 winning team just fell off the face of the earth. 

Going back to topic, Idon't think our retained list will be very long this season.

21 hours ago, dazzerjames said:

Aren’t Colchester 21st in league 2 , even with Conner ‘the rock’ Hall. The myth is always better than the man !

That injury list isn’t anyone’s fault it’s really bad luck

And Donnelly has played well in most games.

Hall joined them when they were already down there so not sure what point you’re making? (He scored on Saturday against orient) in this case he was our best defender that we let go without a suitable replacement. 

Not sure injuries are all bad luck. Some are, some aren’t. It does make me laugh how DC criticised Askey yet the injury issue is much worse now. Players like Wilson, proctor, cass, Jones are always going to get injured. 

Donnelly has been poor often than not imo and is certainly a step back from Hall. He might be decent one day but he’s not at this level yet. 

im worried for Saturday, I just hope either Smith or Forrester are ok to play, could be a cricket score if they’re both out. 

Archived