onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Has this season been a success? What now for next season?

Chopper Harris

You can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear, so you can't expect Mickey Adams to make eleven silk purses out of eleven pigs ears.

Mickey has the ability and the know how to get the Vale promotion next season when a few decent footballers are brought in.

Advert

You can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear, so you can't expect Mickey Adams to make eleven silk purses out of eleven pigs ears.

Mickey has the ability and the know how to get the Vale promotion next season when a few decent footballers are brought in.

Micky signed all the players we have currently. He signed players on two year contracts because he convinced them that they were all in it together and that they were on the up. After leaving them in the lurch, it was no surprise that they lost respect for him and on his return he could not get that extra 10% out of this group of very average players (Loft and Richards apart). If they are re-signed it will really show up Micky's ambition. It is easy to sign current players than to work a bit harder to find better replacements. I for one am not convinced by his ambition as he is very comfortable with his contract he is on.

So you are saying he made a pigs ear of building a squad?

So you are saying he made a pigs ear of building a squad?

A manager can't buy quality when the directors can't find cash.

If you want players of Rico's calibre which is what we need, you have to buy 'big' and pay 'big'.

When players don't come up to expectations or get passed their best it's no use trying to make do with loan players from other clubs to bring success.

I believe that with some money to spend, Mickey will get us promotion.

If you want players of Rico's calibre which is what we need, you have to buy 'big' and pay 'big'.

When players don't come up to expectations or get passed their best it's no use trying to make do with loan players from other clubs to bring success.

Adams was a massive supporter of bratt and co. He was very clear in that, even got involved in takeover debates and then joined the board.

That's a real leap of faith!! You could argue that given his budget Micky Adams did the best that he could. The players he signed during the close season,though, were not up to the mark and it puts a big question mark against his ability to sign the right players at this level. Will he do better with an increased budget? I hope so but I'm not holding my breath!! If he continues to sign 'honest' players of the same type as he has recruited in the past, then we'll be in for another long drab season. What we desperately need are players with a bit of flare who are capable of stringing a few passes together. I can't remember the last time I came away from Vale Park thinking ' that was a really entertaining game of football'.

The wage cap next season will be 55% of budgeted income in league 2. Therefore gates are important and so too what Keith Ryder can do to boost off field income. This is obviously intended to stop owners overpaying wages and running up debts - the recipe that leads to half of all football league clubs visiting administration in the last 20 years.

Therefore the idea that Keth Ryder or owners of other clubs can simply use their financial muscle to enable a club to punch above its real weight will be increasingly limited. As an accountant I know creative accounting can provide flexibility, but the matra in future is clubs living within their means.

What I am therefore saying is that we will need to get promoted with the sqaud we have got plus or minus normal turnover. The alternative is to allow a lot of the players we have and who are out of contract to leave and bring in new ones that overall don't get paid much more (perhaps making an exception to sign a goal scorer). League 1 is a bit of a threat because the clubs there will be capped at 60% I think, but they have interim arrangements in 2012/13 and that might still allow them to muscle in on the best players we want to keep with some some residual overspending before their tap is firmly turned off.

Adams was a massive supporter of bratt and co. He was very clear in that, even got involved in takeover debates and then joined the board.

A person has to have respect their employer or look for another job. He is already showing his verbal commitment to Keith Ryder

The first six months of next season will show if Mickey is worth his wages.

Keith Ryder has to give him that chance to prove his worth.

That's a real leap of faith!! You could argue that given his budget Micky Adams did the best that he could. The players he signed during the close season,though, were not up to the mark and it puts a big question mark against his ability to sign the right players at this level. Will he do better with an increased budget? I hope so but I'm not holding my breath!! If he continues to sign 'honest' players of the same type as he has recruited in the past, then we'll be in for another long drab season. What we desperately need are players with a bit of flare who are capable of stringing a few passes together. I can't remember the last time I came away from Vale Park thinking ' that was a really entertaining game of football'.

Those are fair enough remarks.

Poor squad, limited manager. Big, big changes are needed if Vale are to get out of League Two.

Absolutely correct. Mickey Adams is kidding himself if he thinks there's only the top 3 better than us. Check this season's results Mickey--I think I'm correct in stating that we have not beaten a team in the top 8 all season, let alone the top three! My biggest wory about MA is his constant theme that we are not far-off the finished product. I say we're miles off the finished product and without some better quality signings, I fear I shall be writing a similar comment this time next year--I just hope to proved wrong.

We didnt have Deakin and Miller at the start of the season, so getting rid of them doesn't make the season a success. It has been a disasterous season in which a fsair number of Vale fans have deserted and will not return unless exceptional success comes. Bad luck has plagued the club as well as bad people, with Burge, Haldane having major long-term injuries, Birchall coming close to playing for us then not being allowed to, and promising loanees in Myrie-Williams,Madjo and Andy Little all having to go back.

There is no point going on a 'blame rampage' against V2001, although I take a different view on Deakin and Miller over the shares and the Gib loan (which seems never to be mentioned now) and hope that if the facts are as bad as they seem, they are punished accordingly. I also hope Mo Chaudry decides to let the new owner(s) get on with it and concentrates on his own businesses, unless he wants to invest or sponsor the club he 'loves'..

I agree that we have to go forward with Keith Ryder, but hope we dont see anything like the last 18 months again at Vale Park.

A person has to have respect their employer or look for another job. He is already showing his verbal commitment to Keith Ryder

The first six months of next season will show if Mickey is worth his wages.

Keith Ryder has to give him that chance to prove his worth.

It wasn't because he had to. It was no secret Adams was very much a bratt man.

Archived