onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Has this season been a success? What now for next season?

Chopper Harris

Advert

Things had to get worse before they could better, and we are now through the worst of it.

- We are on the verge of completeing the 'perfect administration'. I think the only threat to that now is how the FA reacts to any criminal activity relating to share etc before we went in.

- The fan base almost unanimously united now - there certainly aren't the divisions we have seen.

- We've a very good manager for this level in Micky Adams. I firmly believe that with a good owner, money, and without the fans getting on his back for the next 12 months he will deliver. His motivational skills could be what end up winning us some crucial games at this stage next season!

- A promising new owner, looking to put some money into the club. I already get the feeling he will be far mroe competent than the last lot, too.

- We've also got most of the squad out of contract in the summer. I've seen comments which suggests this is a bad thing, I think the opposite. It gives Micky and the new owner a chance to rebuild with the players they want without having to worry about keeping players just because they are tied in.

I'm gonna be sticking £10 each way on us winning promotion next season (the first time I will have ever bet on us going up). Keep the faith!

Things had to get worse before they could better, and we are now through the worst of it.

- We are on the verge of completeing the 'perfect administration'. I think the only threat to that now is how the FA reacts to any criminal activity relating to share etc before we went in.

- The fan base almost unanimously united now - there certainly aren't the divisions we have seen.

- We've a very good manager for this level in Micky Adams. I firmly believe that with a good owner, money, and without the fans getting on his back for the next 12 months he will deliver. His motivational skills could be what end up winning us some crucial games at this stage next season!

- A promising new owner, looking to put some money into the club. I already get the feeling he will be far mroe competent than the last lot, too.

- We've also got most of the squad out of contract in the summer. I've seen comments which suggests this is a bad thing, I think the opposite. It gives Micky and the new owner a chance to rebuild with the players they want without having to worry about keeping players just because they are tied in.

I'm gonna be sticking £10 each way on us winning promotion next season (the first time I will have ever bet on us going up). Keep the faith!

No each way betting on promotion!! I think I will have a bet on us going up next season too though. Keep the faith and all that!

I think Micky will show us all next season what he can do when he hasn't got to deal with protests/no money/players being sold from under him/administration/-10 points/fans unfair finger pointing.......

I have faith in him to add some quality and prove to everyone this squad is nearly good enough, but for a few extra faces. I think there will be some humble pie being dished out next year to all the Adams haters. Especially the idiots who think because he backed his previous employers he is now a Bratt man. Fools.

I think he said he would offer him something? Can't see it being a vast amount if he does, whether Haldane accepts it is another matter. If he does stay he'll be a squad player, not a 1st team player i would assume?

Lets not have anybody coming on here saying they aren't going to buy a season ticket if Haldane stays please. :shifty:

No he said Haldanes future at the club is safe.

He shouldn't be a squad player though, this is my point. Some stage in the season he may be called to play 10 games in a row, and them games he won't be good enough.

My opinion of course but we need better in the squad. He's not the answer!

If there's not better than him out there I'll eat my hat.

No he said Haldanes future at the club is safe.

He shouldn't be a squad player though, this is my point. Some stage in the season he may be called to play 10 games in a row, and them games he won't be good enough.

My opinion of course but we need better in the squad. He's not the answer!

If there's not better than him out there I'll eat my hat.

Hey, i agree, i don't think Haldane is good enough either, but if Micky wants him as back up we have to accept it.

If it were down to me we'd only retain around 4-5 players from this season, the rest could go, including Haldane. That would mean bringing in 14-15 new players all at once though, which i also don't think would be such a good idea?. I think Micky as to strike a balance somewhere down the line, so keeping a few as back up maybe not so bad rather than a mass clear out all at once.

We have a new start off the pitch, and I wouldn't be upset with a new start on the pitch to be honest and that includes Micky. The only two people I'd keep on the football side of things are Rico and Loft, the rest have proven they are not up to it over the last 3 years. Mediocrity throughout the players and management team is not something we should be aspiring to. If we keep Micky and the majority of these players then that is all that we can acheive.

Archived