onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Has this season been a success? What now for next season?

Chopper Harris

Advert

Yes this season has been a success because the longterm base has been put in place by getting rid of the boardroom parasites.

On the field of play it has been dismal really. Our wingers are useless and the midfield since the departure of Roberts has lacked the craft to 'cut open' defences. If Adams is serious about offering contracts to the whole squad then I am afraid that the guy is both deluded and lacking in his ability of spotting talent which is something that quite a few are beginning to question.Lets be honest Loft apart who else has Micky signed with any real talent?.

The most annoying thing to me though is the fact that once we go behind we rarely come back. This smacks of lack of character. Good teams are sprung into action when the other team scores, sadly our current squad just lies down......Valiants my backside!

Michael its time to find a couple of 'real' wingers and sign one or two more with the winning mentality. Remember the saying 'Quitters never win and winners never quit.

Does anyone know when Ryan Burge will be back from injury?

I sometimes think that MA is under the impression that we are just a few good players short of a Championship winning side. I think he is wrong. If the squad had been good enough then we would have been right up there up until the point of the points deduction. Lets face it we weren't. Teams such as Torquay, Cheltenham etc have overtaken us. Some supporters just want to bury their heads in the sand and keep going on about how we were top of the league when MA went to Sheff United. Lets not forget MA has had all of last season and we are exactly what we were when he took over a mid table poor League two team. If he thinks that we will just magically become top of table stuff over night then he is deluded.

Mickey might be saying that Keith is giving him the right vibes and signals but Mickey is sending out all of the wrong ones by stating he is going offer Haldane a new contract. He simply isn't good enough and epitomises this current squad. Why would we want to keep him? He can't create goals and he can't score.

We have got a golden chance to clear the decks and improve our squad. I hope that MA is the man to do it. Earlier on in the season we looked like a team who couldn't even pass the ball to one another. That is until Shuker and Marshall turned up who can actually play football. Being honest i would us sooner give young promising youth team graduates a chance ahead of players like Haldane. Why can't we not emulate Crewes youth team strategy? When was the last player to graduate from Vales academy that was any good?

MA i think has got one season left to prove himself. I hope that he can get us to League one and next season simply isn't a carbon copy of this season.

If the product on the pitch doesn't get any better then the fans simply won't return, SEO or no SEO.

More to this than meets the eye I think. Does anyone know what exactly the injury was? We're we told that it would be for the whole season? Have we been told he is expected back by next season? A decent wage, and I fully expect it to be paid off this summer.

I sometimes think that MA is under the impression that we are just a few good players short of a Championship winning side. I think he is wrong. If the squad had been good enough then we would have been right up there up until the point of the points deduction. Lets face it we weren't. Teams such as Torquay, Cheltenham etc have overtaken us. Some supporters just want to bury their heads in the sand and keep going on about how we were top of the league when MA went to Sheff United. Lets not forget MA has had all of last season and we are exactly what we were when he took over a mid table poor League two team. If he thinks that we will just magically become top of table stuff over night then he is deluded.

Mickey might be saying that Keith is giving him the right vibes and signals but Mickey is sending out all of the wrong ones by stating he is going offer Haldane a new contract. He simply isn't good enough and epitomises this current squad. Why would we want to keep him? He can't create goals and he can't score.

We have got a golden chance to clear the decks and improve our squad. I hope that MA is the man to do it. Earlier on in the season we looked like a team who couldn't even pass the ball to one another. That is until Shuker and Marshall turned up who can actually play football. Being honest i would us sooner give young promising youth team graduates a chance ahead of players like Haldane. Why can't we not emulate Crewes youth team strategy? When was the last player to graduate from Vales academy that was any good?

MA i think has got one season left to prove himself. I hope that he can get us to League one and next season simply isn't a carbon copy of this season.

If the product on the pitch doesn't get any better then the fans simply won't return, SEO or no SEO.

Did he?:unsure:

I want a team next season that can play football with the desire to win! It's amazing that Vale's standards have dropped in such a short space of time (14 years and we're back where we started when John Mcgrath took over and I wasnt even into football then)

I and others on this OVF grew up watching a team that was compared to Kenny's Liverpool (pass pass pass) and Rudgie created a team that not only was hard to play against but was diciplined in every respect (Passing positioning defensive attacking and midfielders that could chip in behind the front two.

Now all's we have is a 'lob and hope' team and a play it up to the attacker and try to create something out of nothing- it just doesnt work.

Im sick of hearing that we cant adopt a football approach to get out of this talentless unentertaining s*** league. We can we just need the players who are capable of doing as we did under Rudgie. Looking at the current playing staff, it doesnt look like any of the players are capable and if they are they lack the discipline that many of rudgie's troops had. I say Adams nust get rid of at least seven of the current playing staff.

Yes definate!

Micky said Lewis Haldanes future at the club is safe.

I think he said he would offer him something? Can't see it being a vast amount if he does, whether Haldane accepts it is another matter. If he does stay he'll be a squad player, not a 1st team player i would assume?

Lets not have anybody coming on here saying they aren't going to buy a season ticket if Haldane stays please. :shifty:

Thankyou, at least someone can reply & put a proper & decent opinion on here.

I think he should be given another season, because i don't think we have seen the best of Micky Adams as of yet. He was doing a decent job, like you say at first but left to go to Utd, we were in the top 3 at the time & i must admit if it wasn't for his boyhood club then i wouldn't of accepted him back, but it was & i could forgive him for that.

This season although we havn't been great on the pitch, i think we've done ok under all the circumstances. Who knows, if we could of kept Marie Williams, Madjo or even been able to complete a couple more loanee's including Birchall we might of crept into the playoffs? (without the deduction of course).

I just want to see what Adams can do with a clean slate, a decent budget, no distractions. He can release & sign who he pleases for next season (within budget). If he fails next year, then i will happily question why, until then i would like to see what he can do, thats all.

Excellent post mate.

****ing hell, give the lad a chance!

He's just recovering and you're all saying he should go? Give him a chance to recover and an opportunity to prove his worth. At least the rest of this squad have had a whole season to prove themselves, which a lot haven't. Haldane couldn't help breaking his leg.

****ing hell, give the lad a chance!

He's just recovering and you're all saying he should go? Give him a chance to recover and an opportunity to prove his worth. At least the rest of this squad have had a whole season to prove themselves, which a lot haven't. Haldane couldn't help breaking his leg.

Would have got rid before the leg break.

Archived