onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Has this season been a success? What now for next season?

Chopper Harris

Advert

The fact that he wants to keep most of the players is one reason.

I only hope that he's not serious.

We dont know who he'll release & bring in though do we at the moment?

If we don't know then how can you say sack him?

Why can't we all just wait & see before we all start getting the knives out again?

Why can't we all just wait & see before we all start getting the knives out again?

Sack him based on his track record here. Complacent, tired, manager- no drive, no ambition, no loyalty.

One thing that scares me is that I can see the likes of Tomlinson, Owen, Yates, Haldane and Pope in the side next season. Vale have had largely the same group of players that have ultimately failed over the last few seasons.

The team/squad needs a complete overhaul if possible and I don't believe that Adams see's it that way at all. I'm not saying he should be sacked - but just maybe a new manager and a completely fresh start wouldn't be a bad thing after the last 12-24 months? New board, new ideas on the pitch.

I think Vale did well under him at first because the players feared him somewhat, and he gave them a collective kick up the backside. With the players I just don't think that's the case anymore.

Where have you been for the last 3 years?

Assume you weren't at VP last season then (when Adams was here, obviously!). I could half understand your comment if we were ***** when he was last here, but we weren't. He left us in the automatic places!

This season has been disappointing but with everything that has gone on I'm surprised that we've got as many points as we have. Most teams that go into admin are in a relegation battle. At no point har we looked like going down.

One thing that scares me is that I can see the likes of Tomlinson, Owen, Yates, Haldane and Pope in the side next season. Vale have had largely the same group of players that have ultimately failed over the last few seasons.

The team/squad needs a complete overhaul if possible and I don't believe that Adams see's it that way at all. I'm not saying he should be sacked - but just maybe a new manager and a completely fresh start wouldn't be a bad thing after the last 12-24 months?

Completely agree. Why offer Haldane a new contract as reported in The Sentinel. Haldane for me is an extremely average league 2 player who may once in a while contribute with an assist (most likely in pre season before he gets struck down with something). Why on earth aren't we releasing him? Why haven't we the ambition to sign better players instead of sticking with known second rate players who will only keep us in League 2.

Unless the quality on the pitch improves the fans won't return. Signing up the mediocre players that haven't performed this season won't bring back the crowd. Players like Pope, Haldane, Rob Taylor should be released and we need to bring in better players capable of getting us out of this league.

I honestly think Adams will have one season left if that and there is really is no excuses this time. He really does need to start assembling a squad that is going to win matches and get promotion or at lead get in the playoffs. Anything less next season will be a failure.

The team/squad needs a complete overhaul if possible and I don't believe that Adams see's it that way at all. I'm not saying he should be sacked - but just maybe a new manager and a completely fresh start wouldn't be a bad thing after the last 12-24 months? New board, new ideas on the pitch.

I think Vale did well under him at first because the players feared him somewhat, and he gave them a collective kick up the backside. With the players I just don't think that's the case anymore.

Thankyou, at least someone can reply & put a proper & decent opinion on here.

I think he should be given another season, because i don't think we have seen the best of Micky Adams as of yet. He was doing a decent job, like you say at first but left to go to Utd, we were in the top 3 at the time & i must admit if it wasn't for his boyhood club then i wouldn't of accepted him back, but it was & i could forgive him for that.

This season although we havn't been great on the pitch, i think we've done ok under all the circumstances. Who knows, if we could of kept Marie Williams, Madjo or even been able to complete a couple more loanee's including Birchall we might of crept into the playoffs? (without the deduction of course).

I just want to see what Adams can do with a clean slate, a decent budget, no distractions. He can release & sign who he pleases for next season (within budget). If he fails next year, then i will happily question why, until then i would like to see what he can do, thats all.

I doubt whether Sir Alex could have done much more than Mickey Adams has done with the tools he was given by the pre-adminisration goons who ran the Club. At this level of football he is dealing with at best honest, hard working players. Unfortunalely there are not too many of these about so to finish mid table after a ten point deduction is a pretty good achievent in all the circumstances that have surrounded him for so long. I have been a fan for 50 years and without doubt the past few years have been the worst I have experienced and there have been some hard times in the past. To get out of this division you need managers lile Micky Adams. Give him a year with proper support and then judge.

It has always been very hard to plan ahead at Vale given the financial constraints in place even prior to admin. The old board had a silly policy of not giving what meagre funding we had to Adams until the summer and he was given little to play with during the season. The only changes were loan signings and to be honest madjo, myrie-williams, Birchall (who would have played except the money issue), plus the current 2 guys have all been big improvements over what we have had. Trouble is, most have gone and the rubbish guys on permanent deals somehow stay.

Every player that Adams has brought in on loan this season has been decent, that Northern Irish lad from Rangers is (admittedly due to financial reasons) always in their first team now and scored in the old firm game 2 weeks ago. To get him to come to Vale at the time was a good deal and Adams must know those guys on perm deals are not good enough as he bought in loan players for areas where we had fit players in those places on the park.

It comes down to money and the previous lot had none and spent the first part of the season conning us into thinking otherwise, including Mickey who was probably wasting his resources looking into players we could never get. We need direction and hopefully with Keith things can be planned for the longer term.

I really think Adams has got a better budget than most teams in this Division, fair enough the off-pitch shenanigans have not been helpful but I think there are plenty of managers who have had it tougher than Adams this season (administration excepted but we still wouldn't have made the play-offs with the 10 points).

For example, I doubt many have had the luxury of the wages we have paid Richards.

JEEZ .... Sack Adams...yer avin a laugh.. Big player budget.. Yer avin a laugh ... Short memoirs some have... Look back at the start of the season,SEO was in full swing and not many ST sold. Adams had vertualy no money to spend ... The only thing I do have against Adams is the fact he left us to go to SU and I still have issues with that but water under the bridge comes to mind .

JEEZ .... Sack Adams...yer avin a laugh.. Big player budget.. Yer avin a laugh ... Short memoirs some have... Look back at the start of the season,SEO was in full swing and not many ST sold. Adams had vertualy no money to spend ... The only thing I do have against Adams is the fact he left us to go to SU and I still have issues with that but water under the bridge comes to mind .

At the SC meeting ray Williams said this years budget was bigger than last years.

Archived