onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Goalkeepers

1977Valiant

Advert

Pointless idiotic thread which only demoralises two good servants of this football club through a time of uncertainty and without receiving wages. Maybe it's good if they don't renew their contracts so they don't have to put with all this unfair stick. They'll get to play in a higher division on more money without being a scapegoat, win win situation for Martin and Tommo, not for us. I know 99% of you would love to see Sam Johnson as Vale number 1 on our promotion season next year. I know Tommo reads this site, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he leaves in all honesty.

If comments on this site demoralise the players, then they are truly a bunch of cardboard cutouts.

5 NIL says it all defence and goalkeeper didn't do their job and neither did the midfield or strikers. We can't just blame the Keepers all the time. We struggle as much up front as we do at the back.The whole team is a mid league 2 side and nothing more.

People talking about promotion next season make me laugh, not with this team.20 new players is what we need for promotion and even after the takeover we won't be able to afford it.

One of the best keepers in the Prem let in four today - does that mean he's crap? He let in five at Spurs - does that mean he's even crapper?

What Martin lacks is confidence. What Tomlinson lacks is a flabby gut where the ball will stick rather than that brick wall of a chest that it bounces off all the time.

With decent coaching and a bigger gob in the box Martin might make himself half decent. I think Tomo as we see him now is as good as it's going to get in his case,

I couldn't agree more,unfortunately we haven't had a good goalie since Mark Goodlad had to hang his boots up,it must have been obvious to anybody that Tommo is a good two stones overweight and he's too slow to get down,look at last season at Crewe,he was woeful and as for Martin he will play okay for 85 minutes then make a rudimentary mistake that costs us 3 points.

We have to accept that we are probably never going to get a couple of really good keepers whilst at this level

However, that just means that we need the best coach we can get..old boys have unfortunately not served us well as coaches generally. I'd think we could attract a former decent keeper to coach ours; there must be loads sitting around doing nothing in football. Down to management to have the right contacts and the b@lls to bring that sort of former player in

One of the best keepers in the Prem let in four today - does that mean he's crap? He let in five at Spurs - does that mean he's even crapper?

What Martin lacks is confidence. What Tomlinson lacks is a flabby gut where the ball will stick rather than that brick wall of a chest that it bounces off all the time.

With decent coaching and a bigger gob in the box Martin might make himself half decent. I think Tomo as we see him now is as good as it's going to get in his case,

But he plays well in most of his games.

The summer clear out should start soon and I hope top of Micky's list will be bringing a decent keeper. I'm sorry to say but both Tomlinson and Martin just arnt good enough.

If we are looking at realistically trying to get promotion next season then we have to bring in a more experienced keeper.

I know that we also need better players throughout the team but they always say you build a good team from the back so that starts with the men between the sticks.

I know that we let 5 in today and all wernt Martins fault as 2 were deflected goals and one was a screamer but over the cause of the season both keepers have made too many silly mistakes and for me don't command their areas well enough.

thoughts..?

Spot on! - I dont neccessarily subscribe to Chairman interference but if I had just purchased Vale and was bankrolling the new squad Mickey Adams would be instructed to sign a keeper and if he didnt he would be sacked - seriousley!:mad:

Archived