onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New stadium

deantaberner

No. All these new ones look the same to me. Shrewsbury, Chesterfield etc.

Vale Park has history and character.

Imagine getting back into the Championship and having 10,000 plus in every week. No modern lego stadium would beat that.

Where I sit the facilities have not improved in 40 years,We must loose alot of revenue the refreshment kiosk at the railway paddock is awful,having to push past smokers to get to stinking toilet, still we are what we are ===

Advert

Chesterfields was Shrewsbury with curved roof's down the side nothing more. Saying that it was nicely located near to the main roads and did have some pubs etc nearby.

Huddersfield and Hull got the new ground idea right, they both are new and have a unique character about that. Bolton also.

I think vale should do this and think it wouyld makke common sence. Sadly there are far too many backward thinking people at the vale from your average fan to the chairman's seat. I think a new stadium should be built on festival park on that wastland near vodafone. Better access to the a500 and so on. Will not happen at the vale we will havve stay at an oversized dump of a ground with rubbish facilaties that arnt worth the £20 you pay to get in.

I completely agree. I don't really get the affinity people have with VP and Burslem. VP is a bit of a dump, bar the Lorne Street and Hamil end, and it really isn't in a great location.

Somewhere around Festival Park would be far better, and could substantially increase our potential fan base and get a load more casual fans through the turnstiles. Most Vale fans don't live in Burslem anyway, and the only reason most people would bother to go to Burslem on a Saturday would be to watch Vale. Move to the location you suggested, and you suddenly get loads of people who are already at Festival Park or in Hanley on a Saturday afternoon, people who wouldn't bother to drive to Burslem, but might go to the game if it's just a 10-15 minute walk from where they are anyway.

I would never support a move from VP. It is our home.

With a completed LS, a rebuilt Railway side and upgrades to facilities at Bycars it would be fit for the championship. Plenty of room around the ground for car parking, next to the training ground. Short walk in to town etc etc

No point moving to a smaller, anonymous ground in the middle of nowhere.

I would never support a move from VP. It is our home.

With a completed LS, a rebuilt Railway side and upgrades to facilities at Bycars it would be fit for the championship. Plenty of room around the ground for car parking, next to the training ground. Short walk in to town etc etc

No point moving to a smaller, anonymous ground in the middle of nowhere.

Festival park is not in the middle of nowhere. If vp is our home which we have only been at since 1950, how come more historic clubs who have been at their stadiums much longer can move yet vale fans can't cope with change. Look at our average crowds over the last 20 years we have always needed a smaller ground even in the glory years. It will never happen at backwards thinking vale though.

I wouldn't want anything like Chesterfield's; When the whole ground was rocking, you could hardly hear them. Crappy atmosphere, when Vale got going against Shrewsbury with 8 and a half it sounded amazing. With 10,000 plus in the Championship every week, the sound and atmosphere would be great.

Don't want a big plastic crappy thing that resembles the *****annia. It's only because it's that big that you can get a good atmos.

I completely agree. I don't really get the affinity people have with VP and Burslem. VP is a bit of a dump, bar the Lorne Street and Hamil end, and it really isn't in a great location.

Somewhere around Festival Park would be far better, and could substantially increase our potential fan base and get a load more casual fans through the turnstiles. Most Vale fans don't live in Burslem anyway, and the only reason most people would bother to go to Burslem on a Saturday would be to watch Vale. Move to the location you suggested, and you suddenly get loads of people who are already at Festival Park or in Hanley on a Saturday afternoon, people who wouldn't bother to drive to Burslem, but might go to the game if it's just a 10-15 minute walk from where they are anyway.

Then you would also get fans who wouldn't be arsed to go to watch them if they're stuck in the middle of a retail park. Even if I wasn't Starving Em Out I'd be reluctant to watch them there. I'm all for change but moving away from Burslem for me just wouldn't work.

Archived